ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Winston mad at the Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264770)

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 8992041)
I hear that Maas is doing the same thing. Can't find any audio or written, though...

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_...udioId=6069386

stonedstooge 10-08-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8992146)
This sounds like a paranoid schizophrenic or at the least delusional thinking. Scott Pioli did not orchestrate a cascading of negative emotions directed towards Chiefs fans regarding cheering Cassel's injury anymore than he planted people to too cheer so that he'd have something to divert attention from his crappy job or illustrate how pathetic the fan base is.

Fans of the team created this story. Fans pretending it didn't happen and that there is some mass conspiracy are simply making matters worse.

Did I say it was specifically about this situation there Einstein?

Iowanian 10-08-2012 12:26 PM

I'm not sure of the connection, but people here often confuse you with Frankie's mother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8992127)
I've heard callers on both sports talk radio stations call in an say they cheered and aren't sorry for it. I don't agree with their actions but I give them kudos for not pretending they didn't do what many people obviously did.

Fans need to admit that a good percentage of people in the stadium acted inappropriately. If it wasn't you then don't be offended. But don't try to argue that it didn't happen because clearly something did happen to the point that both teams noticed and a few players from both teams spoke out against it.

DJ's left nut 10-08-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8992127)
I've heard callers on both sports talk radio stations call in an say they cheered and aren't sorry for it. I don't agree with their actions but I give them kudos for not pretending they didn't do what many people obviously did.

Fans need to admit that a good percentage of people in the stadium acted inappropriately. If it wasn't you then don't be offended. But don't try to argue that it didn't happen because clearly something did happen to the point that both teams noticed and a few players from both teams spoke out against it.

2 problems:

1) A good percentage of the fans in any stadium are going to do inappropriate things. They'll get drunk and belligerent and do things you wouldn't do at church. That isn't news. Ever. No, the 'news' element of this was created by the bullshit hyperbole that Winston spewed regarding the number of fans booing and their reason for same (not to mention a make-believe timeline). If this is reported accurately at all, there is no news element to it.

2) You aren't defining what you believed to be 'inappropriate' behavior and you're accepting the company line that any cheering about a QB change in this instance would have been inappropriate. Nonsense. The cheering was because Cassel was coming off the field - period. It was no different than booing him for doing a shitty job, teams and fans do all across the country every single Sunday (and Saturday, for that matter). The cheering would've been there had he been benched for poor performance as well.

Nobody was cheering because Matt Cassel was in pain - they were cheering in spite of it. They were cheering because Matt Cassel was getting the **** off the field.

And for any fan that truly cares about the fate of this franchise, that's cause for applause.

ChiTown 10-08-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8992156)

“For them to cheer for him being hurt,” Ngata said, “that’s just not cool.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz28jWnuOOj

“When someone gets booed, it’s not right. It’s his health. You know what I’m saying? He got hurt. You have to respect,” Charles said. “It wasn’t right that he got booed.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz28jXH5DOU

So, wait a sec, now Cassel got boo'd when he left the field?

NJChiefsFan 10-08-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8992156)

“For them to cheer for him being hurt,” Ngata said, “that’s just not cool.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz28jWnuOOj

Is he reacting to what Winston said or stating he also interpreted it the same way? That's a pretty big thing to not make crystal clear in the article.

tk13 10-08-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8992133)
Given how vociferous the media has been in attacking Pioli and Cassel, I believe this is starting to represent the mainstream, otherwise guys like Teicher and Mellinger risk alienating their readership, which is most certainly not the CP crowd.

Or, plan C... Pioli has effectively brainwashed Clark and taken control of the organization. He'll be able to tell Clark that he's right and the fans are idiots. Clark will agree and nothing happens. Then we'll have to organize a counterstrike where Gochiefs shoots a laser into the 50 yard line at Arrowhead and blows it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth 10-08-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8992165)
“When someone gets booed, it’s not right. It’s his health. You know what I’m saying? He got hurt. You have to respect,” Charles said. “It wasn’t right that he got booed.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz28jXH5DOU

So, wait a sec, now Cassel got boo'd when he left the field?

Yes, there were some boos as he was leaving the field. You can easily hear them in the KCTV5 video.

GoShox 10-08-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8992167)
Or, plan C... Pioli has effectively brainwashed Clark and taken control of the organization. He'll be able to tell Clark that he's right and the fans are idiots. Clark will agree and nothing happens. Then we'll have to organize a counterstrike where Gochiefs shoots a laser into the 50 yard line at Arrowhead and blows it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

And then the plan is complete and they move to LA!

memyselfI 10-08-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8992166)
Is he reacting to what Winston said or stating he also interpreted it the same way? That's a pretty big thing to not make crystal clear in the article.

Oh good grief, we are going to parcel his words now? I believe there is a video where he is asked about it. I saw it last night.

It happened, it will blow over. Pretending it did not happen or making this some kind of media conspiracy orchestrated by Pioli or the sports media is ridiculous and simply making matters worse.

Those of us longtimers here know this happened before with Grbac. The loud protestations that this did not happen are not helping.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 8992138)
So if a KC columnist puts that out there, you can probably forget any hope of apologies or retractions.

Especially when that KC columnist has been probably the most vocal in his criticism of Pioli.

BigRock 10-08-2012 12:31 PM

Baltimore radio was talking about the cheering as it happened.

FloridaMan88 10-08-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8990917)
Well said. That is exactly the risk.

And you can count on the fact that Pioli will (if he can) leverage the idea that Chiefs fans are a bunch of redneck fly-over-state imbeciles who are undeserving of his genius.

FAX

Bullshit.

Fat Scott's mediocre record and Cassel's pathetic performance speaks for themselves. A few Chiefs fans booing Cassel while he was injured doesn't change anything.

ChiTown 10-08-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8992170)
Yes, there were some boos as he was leaving the field. You can easily hear them in the KCTV5 video.

So he was both cheered and boo'd for the same reason. Wow, what a rainbow of emotions.

DeezNutz 10-08-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8992167)
Posted via Mobile Device

I see all of this as a distinct possibility. "The Executive of the Decade must know what he's talking about..."