ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

DaneMcCloud 02-22-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9426969)
If we went this route, pass on Geno or Barkley, they go to the Raiders and blow up, woudl be alot to stomach.

When was the last time the Raiders actually hit on a first rounder?

O.city 02-22-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9426976)
8.5 million this pile of turd's contract is.

holy ****, they cant even just cut him because of that. sad

That would be one reason I'd rather have Foles.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9426978)
When was the last time the Raiders actually hit on a first rounder?

Bout the same time the Chiefs hit on a retread QB? It's been a while sure. But the crypt keeper is dead, so who knows what happens there.

penbrook 02-22-2013 09:32 PM

Well a week ago Chris Nortensen reported the Chiefs have no interest in Alex smith

O.city 02-22-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9426982)
Well a week ago Chris Nortensen reported the Chiefs have no interest in Alex smith

Does he report for PBS?

NJChiefsFan 02-22-2013 09:33 PM

I'm not going to get mad about this until it happens. I don't have the energy to think of another Cassel situation. If they went Alex Smith and no developmental guy I wouldn't know what to do.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-22-2013 09:34 PM

So the absolute soonest the trade can happen is the 12th....?

penbrook 02-22-2013 09:37 PM

We better not trade for Alex Smith. If we don't take a qb #1. I would trade for Flynn and draft Manuel

mcaj22 02-22-2013 09:39 PM

the saddest part is if there is any truth to this is that the 49ers have no leverage

the chiefs would be the only team interested
there is no market for the ****ing shitty player
so the chiefs can lowball and the 49ers would be in a position to either take it or leave but then keep Smith and his 8.5 million contract to sit the bench means the 49ers miss out on a starting #1 CB in FA. So they might just give him away to us, especially if we were the only team that called, which is sad.

in perspective, at the time we traded for Matt Cassel, MATT CASSEL HAD A ****ING MARKET OF TEAMS INTERESTED AT LEAST. This time, its so bad that the ****ing turd is a turd and everybody should know that.

Messier 02-22-2013 09:40 PM

I heard the Browns are open to trading Weeden or McCoy. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but if that's the case I could see them as a more logical spot for Smith, what with Norv and all.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:40 PM

I'm not going to get too worked up about it at this point.

For one thing, even though Cole is usually pretty "in the know" this makes no sense:

"Several" head coaches and coordinators around the NFL wouldn't be surprised if the entire first round passed by without a quarterback selected.

That's literally NEVER happened. Maybe once. There is less than zero chance that no QBs are taken in the 1st round.

So either he's making shit up or somebody is feeding him a line of tasty bullshit.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-22-2013 09:40 PM

Hope not ugh.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9427001)
I heard the Browns are open to trading Weeden or McCoy. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but if that's the case I could see them as a more logical spot for Smith, what with Norv and all.

Accept his skills don't really mesh with the Coryell.

If the Browns are doing that, I'd say that puts Glennon in play for them.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9427002)
I'm not going to get too worked up about it at this point.

For one thing, even though Cole is usually pretty "in the know" this makes no sense:

"Several" head coaches and coordinators around the NFL wouldn't be surprised if the entire first round passed by without a quarterback selected.

That's literally NEVER happened. Maybe once. There is less than zero chance that no QBs are taken in the 1st round.

So either he's making shit up or somebody is feeding him a line of tasty bullshit.

Like goober just said above, didn't Mort put this to rest a week ago?

Titty Meat 02-22-2013 09:45 PM

Hopefully this is like the McNabb in Washington situation