ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Did Alex Smith remind you of Matt Cassel tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275378)

Mav 08-18-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9896818)
I'll check on that again, but yeah, okay.

he got tripped up, but regardless, Alex threw the ball out of the endzone, which is why we didn't get the flag.

Sandy Vagina 08-18-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9896822)
Go ahead. I'm right.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, pretty much. Looked like Baldwin may have been starting to stumble anyway, but the CB was shadowing tightly. Either way, Baldwin really lacks fluidity as a WR and Aso showed better speed... essentially running into him from behind.

Ming the Merciless 08-18-2013 10:27 AM

Matt Flynn 12/16 for 124 yards & a TD

Sandy Vagina 08-18-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9896838)
he got tripped up, but regardless, Alex threw the ball out of the endzone, which is why we didn't get the flag.

Actually, no. If there was no stumble, Baldwin may have had a shot at going up for the ball at the back of the EZ. The ball just seemed more overthrown due to the stumble.

No excuses, the ball would have been a difficult grab... but watch Spillman (27) come over and in the mid-point of the EZ. Had there been someone 2 yards further back and in the EZ, the ball could have been caught. (ball actually lands on the first white of the out of bounds) So the ball was technically in the field of play.. so that should not have affected a P.I. call. Looks like they were just going to call it incidental contact and move on.

BigMeatballDave 08-18-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9896848)
Matt Flynn 12/16 for 124 yards & a TD

MVP

New World Order 08-18-2013 10:47 AM

Dane how does it feel that our first string starting offense couldn't move the ball against a bunch of scrubs on the verge of getting cut? Your boy Fisher struggled with backup scrubs and he has looked like dog shit all preseason. Watching that game was like masturbating...with a chainsaw.

Ming the Merciless 08-18-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9896855)
MVP

Mvp...no way

better than ALex Smith in 2013.....maybe, we shall see

better VALUE than ALex Smith....I think so

they got him for a 5th rounder and a ham sammy

Coogs 08-18-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9896434)
The pass that Gray dropped was thrown on the wrong side of his body , totally behind him and not with the direction he was running...

You can't be serious.

Mav 08-18-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9897035)
You can't be serious.

He is, what he doesn't realize if alex leads him, he runs him out of bounds, throwing it at him, or slightly behind him, lets him turn up field.

But that is just how people justify their hate.

Ming the Merciless 08-18-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9897035)
You can't be serious.

Reade what I said

It was catchable...but far from being made easy....he was already twisted around to the right , expecting the ball to the right but it was a bad pass to the left hip.

Catchable, yes....optimal throw? No way.....if he threw it properly it wouldve been a big gain possibly

Ming the Merciless 08-18-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9897183)
He is, what he doesn't realize if alex leads him, he runs him out of bounds, throwing it at him, or slightly behind him, lets him turn up field.

But that is just how people justify their hate.

You have it backwards.....he was already turned that way erxpecting the ball to the right hip, it was thrown to the left hip....

Its mostly gray's fault, but come on...it wasnt a great throw

Mav 08-18-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9897189)
You have it backwards.....he was already turned that way erxpecting the ball to the right hip, it was thrown to the left hip....

Its mostly gray's fault, but come on...it wasnt a great throw

I never said it was a great throw. but if he throws it in front of him, he goes out of bounds. Its basic physics. The way it was thrown would of forced gray to slow up to catch it, making it easier to turn up field. No. The throw wasn't perfect, but I think in that situation if you wanted to pick the lesser of two evils, I think that was the lesser of the evil.

O.city 08-18-2013 01:02 PM

It was a good throw that should be caught. Not a perfect throw, but In that situation it's fine

Ming the Merciless 08-18-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9897201)
I never said it was a great throw. but if he throws it in front of him, he goes out of bounds. Its basic physics. The way it was throw would of forced gray to slow up to catch it, making it easier to turn up field. No. The throw wasn't perfect, but I think in that situation if you wanted to pick the lesser of two evils, I think that was the lesser of the evil.

I thought during the play that he shouldve thrown it to where his hands were (by his right hip) and that he couldve turned up field much more easily than what actually happened...(because his torso was twisted around that direction already)

but I'll have to look at it one more time

Mav 08-18-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9897209)
I thought during the play that he shouldve thrown it to where his hands were (by his right hip) and that he couldve turned up field much more easily than what actually happened...(because his torso was twisted around that direction already)

but I'll have to look at it one more time

its really neither here nor there. Either way, it was a catchable ball.

Not ideal either way, but still.

question. Why is your dick so small? ROFL