ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279640)

Pablo 12-18-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 10290932)
It's bizarre. There are actually some posters who call themselves Niners fans over there saying they want to see KC defeat the Niners in the Superbowl.

It's almost like Alex is their little brother or something.

Yeah, dual fans aren't to be taken seriously or respected.

htismaqe 12-18-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

It's bizarre. There are actually some posters who call themselves Niners fans over there saying they want to see KC defeat the Niners in the Superbowl.

Yep.

GOB 12-18-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10290904)
I don't think the Cowboys are ****ed because of Romo's contract. It has to do with Jones having his hands in everything, a HC who has no clue what he's doing, a bunch of other shitty contracts and the fact that they negated their best passrusher by changing defenses.

I think they suck because of these externalities.

But that's not the only thing keeping them from being a legit contender. On their best day, they would look like the Saints or Packers, basically teams with outside chances to win. Not going to be juggernauts like the Seahawks

BigCatDaddy 12-18-2013 02:09 PM

I still think it has to do with the whole Mormon cult thing. It's very similar to the Tebow thing, but on a smaller scale.

The Franchise 12-18-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

I'm a fan of Adam Vinatieri. I've got to sit down and talk with him in person. He's from South Dakota and he's an awesome guy and kicker. But if the Chiefs are playing against him....I'm rooting for the Chiefs and hoping he misses some kicks.

duncan_idaho 12-18-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Those people should get AIDS and die in a fire. But not before forcing mac and snoopy to drink some antifreeze and jump in the fire with them.

If you're a fan of your team and a player on another, that's fine. But team always comes before a player.

I love Sheldon Richardson. He's one of my favorite interviews of all time (even though he was a junior in high school when I spoke to him), and he's fun as hell to follow/watch. I enjoy watching him do well, too, because he's overcome a lot to realize his dreams.

But if the Chiefs play the Jets? Screw Sheldon and screw the Jets. I hope he gets dominated, just like his team.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10290904)
I don't think the Cowboys are ****ed because of Romo's contract. It has to do with Jones having his hands in everything, a HC who has no clue what he's doing, a bunch of other shitty contracts and the fact that they negated their best passrusher by changing defenses.

I think the Cowboys are also ****ed because of Romo's contract. His cap hit for the next three years is about 22, 25 and 15 million. And if they cut him after those 3 years, he still has $11 million in signing bonus that would accelerate onto the cap.

You can win with that, but you need to be damn near perfect as a GM. The margin for error is essentially zero and I don't think that's a fair standard for anybody.

Even if Jones hired the best GM in football, that guy's going to have a damn hard time winning anything until 2017 or 2018 when the contract is gone and the signing bonus is off the books. And then they'll have to figure out what the hell they're going to do about the QB position before they can start the climb out of the muck.

The Franchise 12-18-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10291007)
I think the Cowboys are also ****ed because of Romo's contract. His cap hit for the next three years is about 22, 25 and 15 million. And if they cut him after those 3 years, he still has $11 million in signing bonus that would accelerate onto the cap.

You can win with that, but you need to be damn near perfect as a GM. The margin for error is essentially zero and I don't think that's a fair standard for anybody.

Even if Jones hired the best GM in football, that guy's going to have a damn hard time winning anything until 2017 or 2018 when the contract is gone and the signing bonus is off the books. And then they'll have to figure out what the hell they're going to do about the QB position before they can start the climb out of the muck.

Romo's contract wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't lumped in with the other shitty contracts they handed out. Carr, Claiborne, Austin, Free

GOB 12-18-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10291005)
Those people should get AIDS and die in a fire. But not before forcing mac and snoopy to drink some antifreeze and jump in the fire with them.

If you're a fan of your team and a player on another, that's fine. But team always comes before a player.

I love Sheldon Richardson. He's one of my favorite interviews of all time (even though he was a junior in high school when I spoke to him), and he's fun as hell to follow/watch. I enjoy watching him do well, too, because he's overcome a lot to realize his dreams.

But if the Chiefs play the Jets? Screw Sheldon and screw the Jets. I hope he gets dominated, just like his team.

It goes both ways. I'm not saying you're guilty of this but there are guys on here hoping we lose so that they can get the player they want. It's crazy.

The Franchise 12-18-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOB (Post 10291027)
It goes both ways. I'm not saying you're guilty of this but there are guys on here hoping we lose so that they can get the player they want. It's crazy.

That was one year and it was for a shot at Luck or RG3.

NinerDoug 12-18-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10291005)

We play the AFC West next season. Should be an interesting game. And that week on the MBs ought to be quite entertaining.

GOB 12-18-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10291021)
Romo's contract wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't lumped in with the other shitty contracts they handed out. Carr, Claiborne, Austin, Free

He's going to singlehandedly account for 20% of the cap. Don't you think that is nuts?

The Franchise 12-18-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOB (Post 10291062)
He's going to singlehandedly account for 20% of the cap. Don't you think that is nuts?

Is it nuts? Yeah. But that's how the contracts of QBs that are deemed "franchise" are going to be. You either pay to keep them or let them walk and hope you hit on their replacement.

htismaqe 12-18-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOB (Post 10291027)

When the team is 1 and 9, hell yes, there's people that are hoping we lose and draft a playmaker.

You find ONE PERSON here now that wants to lose. Not one.

GOB 12-18-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10291076)
When the team is 1 and 9, hell yes, there's people that are hoping we lose and draft a playmaker.

You find ONE PERSON here now that wants to lose. Not one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10289972)
I would rather he fail (and not be more than a stop gap) than be the same risk averse, safe QB he was in San Francisco. Because I don't believe that guy can win playoff games with any consistency. Long-term outlook is better, IMO, in that situation because it makes it obvious to the front office that he isn't the guy.

Thankfully, Alex Smith has played at a higher level than that of late and given a lot of reasons to be hopeful about his progression as we move forward.

And I guess i was Duncan. lol.