ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA regular season thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284493)

-King- 07-07-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10735348)
If that's true, that means McRoberts and Granger would be the only additions on a Heat team that wasn't close to good enough. Is that supposed to entice LeBron at all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10735359)
I don't quite understand all the nuances to the NBA salary cap but apparently they used exceptions for these 2 guys so they have about $6 million free or so to sign some more players.

KCC is right. Heat have anywhere from 5-9mil in cap room depending on the discount Wade and Bosh take. If they decide to give Bosh the max deal or close to one, then McRoberts is likely their biggest addition this off season.

I don't think this changes anything. The best option for Bosh is still Houston.

In58men 07-07-2014 08:34 PM

Nobody isn't going anywhere until LeBron decides where he's going.

Just Passin' By 07-07-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10735325)
Game over.

Wasn't it game over the moment Wade opted out?

The Bad Guy 07-07-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10735035)
I love how Wiggins & Waiters are all-stars while Wade's career is over and Bosh is in Houston. LMAO

Will someone please tell me the last time a team with multiple 23-and-under starters won a NBA championship?

Again, this is absurd.

I don't think Waiters is an all-star at all, I do, however, think Wade is completely shot and only a true homer, like yourself, would take him over Wiggins at this stage.

Irving over Wade is an absolute landslide too.

ChiefsCountry 07-07-2014 08:46 PM

Let Bosh go to Houston. Melo will be in Miami the next second that happens. Its not like the Heat haven't played a similar lineup in the past with Battier and Rashard Lewis essentially playing the same position that Melo would.

The Bad Guy 07-07-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10735284)
Lakers are gonna get Isiah Thomas and Melo

I'm torn. I love Isiah Thomas the fantasy player. The NBA player, not so much. If he can be had for 6-7 million a year, I'm OK with it.

Melo, I guess they have no choice at this stage because they have to acquire more top end talent.

My fear is Gasol comes back if Melo comes. I don't want a 36 year old Gasol making anything over 5 mill.

The Bad Guy 07-07-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10735414)
Let Bosh go to Houston. Melo will be in Miami the next second that happens. Its not like the Heat haven't played a similar lineup in the past with Battier and Rashard Lewis essentially playing the same position that Melo would.

Love the confidence of Heat fans here. Bosh isn't going to move until LeBron does and Melo, from everything said, is deciding sooner than later.

The Melo to Miami is a pipe dream.

ChiefsCountry 07-07-2014 09:19 PM

Bosh is a smart man. Be LeBron's butt buddy and get rings.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA">@WojYahooNBA</a> on what Bosh told the Rockets: &quot;I want to be in Miami, I want to play with LeBron.&quot;</p>&mdash; FOX Sports Live (@FOXSportsLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSportsLive/statuses/486344899986341888">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King- 07-07-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10735414)

You're in another world right now.

okcchief 07-07-2014 10:13 PM

I don't think it's too crazy to think the Heat aren't smoking out Bosh so they can bring in Melo. There are definitely better options for LeBron than the Heat. If Cleveland gets him I'm betting Wiggins gets packaged for Love. Not even a Heat fan can say Lebron/Irving/Love isn't greater than Lebron/Wade/Bosh at this point. Phoenix would be a great spot as well though I don't think he's even considered it. It's Cleveland or Miami IMO. I'm about 50/50 at this point. These guys dig the attention though. I bet this carries on at least a few more weeks.

Pitt Gorilla 07-07-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10735526)
I don't think it's too crazy to think the Heat aren't smoking out Bosh so they can bring in Melo. There are definitely better options for LeBron than the Heat. If Cleveland gets him I'm betting Wiggins gets packaged for Love. Not even a Heat fan can say Lebron/Irving/Love isn't greater than Lebron/Wade/Bosh at this point. Phoenix would be a great spot as well though I don't think he's even considered it. It's Cleveland or Miami IMO. I'm about 50/50 at this point. These guys dig the attention though. I bet this carries on at least a few more weeks.

I really don't want love traded, but he and Lebron in Cleveland would be awesome.

Sassy Squatch 07-07-2014 10:16 PM

Don't think Wiggins is going anywhere.

okcchief 07-07-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10735530)
I really don't want love traded, but he and Lebron in Cleveland would be awesome.

I don't think there's any doubt by this time next year he won't be in Minnesota. Might as well get something.

okcchief 07-07-2014 10:18 PM

The Thunder continue the full court press on Gasol. If they can get him and Miller or Morrow I'll like their chances. If not it's a uphill climb.

I'm loving McGary in the summer league games. That kid is all energy.

Huestes pick looks terrible as expected.

RustShack 07-07-2014 10:33 PM

What do you mean smoke out Bosh to get Melo? Both are free agents, they can scoop up Melo now if they wanted without Bosh going somewhere first.