ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

tymania 02-03-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6501813)
Whenever Hurley saw "dead" people on the island was it Jacob all along?

possibly.. what dead people did he see on the island? i know he saw some in the phsyc ward..

Baby Lee 02-03-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6501545)
I hadn't thought about it, but you're right. Jack had the feeling that he knew Desmond from somewhere - but they had never met because all the island stuff didn't happen. Sat there and when he came back from helping Charlie, he was gone and Rose never saw him and nobody else talked with him.

They may still have met at the track, when Jack was running the stadium steps, recall 'see ya in another life brutha.'

Baby Lee 02-03-2010 12:40 PM

To assuage Buck, the best moments of last night for me were the AWESOME facial expressions of menace concocted by NotLocke. That was some stellar craft by O'Quinn.

The Rick 02-03-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 6501253)
Just a quick thought...I know that Locke at one point came face-to-face with the smoke monster. Didn't Sayid come face-to-face with it also in the past? Weren't they the only two who came face-to-face with it and lived?

Bump. Seriously, didn't Sayid confront the smoke monster at one point?

Buck 02-03-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 6502000)
Bump. Seriously, didn't Sayid confront the smoke monster at one point?

I don't believe he ever did. I remember he heard whispers in the forest once.

Buck 02-03-2010 12:55 PM

Also Eko faced it head on once and lived. Of course he died the next time he tried.

tymania 02-03-2010 01:03 PM

another thing i didnt catch but is not really that important..

When Kate came out of the airplane bathroom she bumped into Jack. she lifted his pen (he couln't find it when he tried to save Charlie). She later used the pen or tried to use it to unlock the handcuffs.

Mr. Plow 02-03-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6502077)
another thing i didnt catch but is not really that important..

When Kate came out of the airplane bathroom she bumped into Jack. she lifted his pen (he couln't find it when he tried to save Charlie). She later used the pen or tried to use it to unlock the handcuffs.

Thinking of the pen - in the pilot episode, Rose (I believe) was dying and the guy talking to Locke on the airplane asked Jack "Should we do the pen thing?" Meaning, put a pen in her throat so she could get oxygen. Jack said "Oh yeah...the pen thing. Go find me a pen." He ran off and later came back with like 6 pens. Now, in this episode, he couldn't find a pen.

One other thing I thought was odd...after saving Charlie, Charlie responds "I was supposed to die."

tymania 02-03-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6502086)

One other thing I thought was odd...after saving Charlie, Charlie responds "I was supposed to die."

I thought the same thing.. and who tries to kill themselves by choking on a bag of heron?

Bearcat 02-03-2010 01:18 PM

Last night's episode is already on Hulu.... minus 40 minutes of commercials PBJ

Mr. Plow 02-03-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6502104)
I thought the same thing.. and who tries to kill themselves by choking on a bag of heron?

It's all the rage nowadays.

tymania 02-03-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6502112)
It's all the rage nowadays.

haha i guess so! Regarding Charlie saying I was supposed to die.. i think it all goes back to the theory, that what happened on the island is still going to happen to them, just in a different context and setting..

Red Brooklyn 02-03-2010 02:00 PM

Just saw an interesting theory on another board that Sayid is now possessed by John Locke. The original John Locke. Seems odd, but I thought it was interesting.

This person sited John's conversation w/ Jack (in the alt timeline) about Christian's body being lost but not his spirit as evidence of his theory.

Sort of like Locke's body is dead, but his spirit lives on and is somehow able to inhabit Sayid because of the Temple and/or the healing water... I don't know... just thought I'd mention it.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-03-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6502104)

those are the sorts of plot issues I have. Unless there is an underlying symbolism I don't see, that's terrible writing.

Buck 02-03-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6502550)
those are the sorts of plot issues I have. Unless there is an underlying symbolism I don't see, that's terrible writing.

He was probably trying to Overdose on the stuff and it got caught in his throat.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6502573)
He was probably trying to Overdose on the stuff and it got caught in his throat.

Hmm. I like he was just trying to make it through customs. That's how "Drug Mules" transport their items. They swallow them, then poop them out.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2010 04:00 PM

At this point in time, I'm not altogether unconvinced that the Losties on the plane flying towards Los Angeles don't have memories of what happened on the Island.

It's confusing.

keg in kc 02-03-2010 04:01 PM

I thought it was pretty 'meh'. Weren't really any 'oh shit!' moments or anything that make me count the minutes until next Tuesday. It was just kind of there.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6502550)

I don't think he was trying to kill himself and as I recently stated, I'm not convinced that the Losties don't have full memory of what happened on the Island.

There are clearly two different timelines happening right now and at some point, they'll converge.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6502614)
I thought it was pretty 'meh'. Weren't really any 'oh shit!' moments or anything that make me count the minutes until next Tuesday. It was just kind of there.

It just seems to me to be a continuation of last season.

And I certainly wasn't surprised about the "Smoke Monster" reveal.

However, the "All I want to do is go home" line is very interesting.

keg in kc 02-03-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6502618)
I don't think he was trying to kill himself and as I recently stated, I'm not convinced that the Losties don't have full memory of what happened on the Island.

I didn't see any behavior from anybody that would indicate that they do. To my eye, it looked like they were all behaving like they'd never met, and the day was playing out like it would have had they never crashed.

How that fits into the alternate timeline, I have no idea. My guess is that they'll hit another reset button of some kind on the island.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6502631)
I didn't see any behavior from anybody that would indicate that they do. To my eye, it looked like they were all behaving like they'd never met, and the day was playing out like it would have had they never crashed.

How that fits into the alternate timeline, I have no idea. My guess is that they'll hit another reset button of some kind on the island.

You may be right. It's just that I got the feeling they were all hiding something.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

keg in kc 02-03-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6502638)
You may be right. It's just that I got the feeling they were all hiding something.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Well, keep in mind that most of them were hiding things when they were on the flight, before they even got to the island.

But Sawyer and Kate were strangers. John and Jack were strangers. I don't think anybody recognized anybody, and I don't remember any teasing of deja vu except for Jack and Desmond (who's a wildcard; why is he even on the plane?).

It would basically be season 4 all over again if they did remember, so I hope they're not going that direction, where they all have this feeling like they're in the wrong place and it's all about getting back...

mikeyis4dcats. 02-03-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6502611)
At this point in time, I'm not altogether unconvinced that the Losties on the plane flying towards Los Angeles don't have memories of what happened on the Island.

It's confusing.

I totally thought Jack was trying to figure out where he knew Rose from at the beginning.

Huffmeister 02-03-2010 04:29 PM

Assuming "dead is dead"... does that mean that the guy with the eye patch (can't remember his name) was really the Man in Black? He died a few times, and definitely had an 'evil' vibe. Not sure what the implications are, other than that would mean that the Man in Black had infiltrated the Others (who are supposed to be on Jacob's side).

Buck 02-03-2010 04:33 PM

Mikhail, and that seems possible, but did he really actually die?

Huffmeister 02-03-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6502727)
Mikhail, and that seems possible, but did he really actually die?

I'm pretty sure he took a spear through the chest in the underwater Hydra station.

Buck 02-03-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankerskull (Post 6502731)
I'm pretty sure he took a spear through the chest in the underwater Hydra station.

Yeah, could have missed vital organs...but I am liking your theory now.

He took the spear and then simply vanished, which smokey already showed he could do in the Foot Statue.

The Rick 02-03-2010 04:40 PM

Don't know if this has been posted or not, but there was some interesting stuff said on Kimmel last night...

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/diT15k4gui8XsmYC4rYg0w"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/diT15k4gui8XsmYC4rYg0w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Red Brooklyn 02-03-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6502618)
I'm not convinced that the Losties don't have full memory of what happened on the Island.

I know.... that's an interesting point. I felt like most of the characters didn't seem to key into any memories or whatever from the the other timeline. But then you have Jack sort of remembering Des. And Charlie sayin he was supposed to die. Obviously, we don't know exactly what any of that means yet... but I'm open to the idea that there is some residual memory happening. It's possible.

007 02-03-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6501813)
Whenever Hurley saw "dead" people on the island was it Jacob all along?

Wouldn't explain what he saw while in the hostpital.

Buck 02-03-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6502858)
Wouldn't explain what he saw while in the hostpital.

Yeah I dont think that is the case.

I wonder if Dave is actually a dead guy though or just a made up imaginary friend.

Buck 02-03-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 2004092)
I wondered why the hell he kept looking at his feet.

OC's right... great writing.

I wonder how the hell they could have a second season though...

Wow, you actually said this once.

P.S. I'm going back and reading this thread from the beginning, which was about 2 years before I started posting here.

keg in kc 02-03-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6502797)
But then you have Jack sort of remembering Des. And Charlie sayin he was supposed to die.

Des isn't one of them. He didn't arrive to the island via the flight, which is what made his being on the plane odd.

Buck 02-03-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 2079510)
I don't like spoilers. Thats cool not to post them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 2079517)
I'll second that. This is the first TV show I've enjoyed this much in a long time. I'd hate to have it ruined.

Oooh, this has been going on since 04. **** SPOILERS!

Mr. Plow 02-03-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6503040)
Oooh, this has been going on since 04. **** SPOILERS!

Watch out, here comes the whaaaambulance. :)

007 02-03-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6503085)
Watch out, here comes the whaaaambulance. :)

I am tempted to go look one up and PM him with it. Or, better yet, post it on his facebook page. :evil:

Buck 02-03-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6503175)
I am tempted to go look one up and PM him with it. Or, better yet, post it on his facebook page. :evil:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you quit with the spoilers now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

007 02-03-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6503187)
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you quit with the spoilers now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Good luck.

KingPriest2 02-03-2010 09:48 PM

EW: The whole idea of flash-sideways and the plan to use season 6 to show us a world where Oceanic 815 never crashed — how long has that been in the works? Why did you want to do it?
DAMON LINDELOF: It’s been in play for at least a couple of years. We knew that the ending of the time travel season was going to be an attempt to reboot. And as a result, we [knew] the audience was going to come out of the “do-over moment” thinking we were either going start over or just say it didn’t work and continue on. [We thought] wouldn’t it be great if we did both? That was the origin of the story.
CARLTON CUSE: We thought just doing one [of those options] would inherently not be satisfying. Since the very beginning of the show, characters started crossing through each other’s stories. Part of our desire [in season 6] is to show that there’s still this kind of weave, that these characters still would have impacted each other’s lives even without the event of crashing on the Island. Obviously, the big question of the season is going to be: How do these [two timelines] reconcile? However, for the fans who have not watched the show closely, that’s an intact narrative. You can just watch the flash sideways — they stand alone all by themselves. For the fans who are more deeply embedded in the show, you can watch those flash sideways, compare them to what transpired in the flashbacks and go, “Oh, that’s an interesting difference.”
LINDELOF: Right out of the gate, in the first five minutes of the premiere, you get hit over the head with two things that you’re not expecting. The first is that Desmond is on the plane. The second thing that we do is we drop out of the plane and we go below the water and we see that the Island is submerged. What we’re trying to do there is basically say to you, “God bless the survivors of Oceanic 815, because they’re so self-centered, they thought the only effect [of detonating the bomb] was going to be that their plane never crashes.” But they don’t stop to think, “If we do this in 1977, what else is going to affected by this?” So that their entire lives can be changed radically. In fact, it would appear that they’ve sunken the Island. That’s our way of saying, “Keep your eyes peeled for the differences that you’re not expecting.” Some of these characters were still in Australia, but some weren’t. Shannon’s not there. Boone actually says that he tried to get her back. There are all sorts of other people that we don’t see. Where’s Libby? Where’s Ana Lucia? Where’s Eko? These are all the things that you’re supposed to be thinking about. When our characters posited the “What if?” scenario, they neglected to think about what the other effects of potentially changing time might be and we’re embracing those things.

Buck 02-03-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 6503772)
EW: The whole idea of flash-sideways and the plan to use season 6 to show us a world where Oceanic 815 never crashed — how long has that been in the works? Why did you want to do it?

DAMON LINDELOF: It’s been in play for at least a couple of years. We knew that the ending of the time travel season was going to be an attempt to reboot. And as a result, we [knew] the audience was going to come out of the “do-over moment” thinking we were either going start over or just say it didn’t work and continue on. [We thought] wouldn’t it be great if we did both? That was the origin of the story.

CARLTON CUSE: We thought just doing one [of those options] would inherently not be satisfying. Since the very beginning of the show, characters started crossing through each other’s stories. Part of our desire [in season 6] is to show that there’s still this kind of weave, that these characters still would have impacted each other’s lives even without the event of crashing on the Island. Obviously, the big question of the season is going to be: How do these [two timelines] reconcile? However, for the fans who have not watched the show closely, that’s an intact narrative. You can just watch the flash sideways — they stand alone all by themselves. For the fans who are more deeply embedded in the show, you can watch those flash sideways, compare them to what transpired in the flashbacks and go, “Oh, that’s an interesting difference.”

LINDELOF: Right out of the gate, in the first five minutes of the premiere, you get hit over the head with two things that you’re not expecting. The first is that Desmond is on the plane. The second thing that we do is we drop out of the plane and we go below the water and we see that the Island is submerged. What we’re trying to do there is basically say to you, “God bless the survivors of Oceanic 815, because they’re so self-centered, they thought the only effect [of detonating the bomb] was going to be that their plane never crashes.” But they don’t stop to think, “If we do this in 1977, what else is going to affected by this?” So that their entire lives can be changed radically. In fact, it would appear that they’ve sunken the Island. That’s our way of saying, “Keep your eyes peeled for the differences that you’re not expecting.” Some of these characters were still in Australia, but some weren’t. Shannon’s not there. Boone actually says that he tried to get her back. There are all sorts of other people that we don’t see. Where’s Libby? Where’s Ana Lucia? Where’s Eko? These are all the things that you’re supposed to be thinking about. When our characters posited the “What if?” scenario, they neglected to think about what the other effects of potentially changing time might be and we’re embracing those things.

Paragraphs. Use them.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 6503772)
EThese are all the things that you’re supposed to be thinking about. When our characters posited the “What if?” scenario, they neglected to think about what the other effects of potentially changing time might be and we’re embracing those things.

Well, this just plain pisses me off. If THIS is how they're going to end the series, I'm going to be greatly disappointed.

I want ANSWERS. WHAT is the Island? Who IS Jacob? Who IS his nemesis? Why have they been playing this game for 300 years? Why are there ancient statues and temples on this island? How did the magnetic properties of the island come into play? How does it go undetected?

Who are "Adam & Eve"?

Yep, this is going to ****ing piss me off if they head off an another tangent.

Buck 02-03-2010 11:34 PM

I'm about to rewatch the episode.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6504338)

Thanks for the heads up.

:D

Buck 02-03-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6504342)
Thanks for the heads up.

:D

I'll be posting my thoughts afterward, dick.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6504346)
I'll be posting my thoughts afterward, dick.

LMAO

Buck 02-03-2010 11:46 PM

I have to watch the episode now....peace.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...errserious.jpg

007 02-03-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6504338)

Cool, maybe you can give us a play by play as well.

KingPriest2 02-04-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6503187)

This ones for you!

Spoiler!

KingPriest2 02-04-2010 12:49 AM

not sure this is spoilish

Spoiler!

KingPriest2 02-04-2010 12:52 AM

Spoiler!

007 02-04-2010 12:52 AM

ROFL

nice bluff by the way.

Or was it?:evil:

Buck 02-04-2010 01:09 AM

I fell asleep with 20 min left. Have to watch the rest tomorrow.

007 02-04-2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6504548)
I fell asleep with 20 min left. Have to watch the rest tomorrow.

Typing in your sleep again I see.

Mr. Plow 02-04-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 6504534)
Spoiler!

This one wouldn't surprise me at all. There is too much of a connection between him and the Losties.

Red Brooklyn 02-04-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6504333)
Well, this just plain pisses me off. If THIS is how they're going to end the series, I'm going to be greatly disappointed.

I want ANSWERS. WHAT is the Island? Who IS Jacob? Who IS his nemesis? Why have they been playing this game for 300 years? Why are there ancient statues and temples on this island? How did the magnetic properties of the island come into play? How does it go undetected?

Who are "Adam & Eve"?

Yep, this is going to ****ing piss me off if they head off an another tangent.

Have no fear, sir.

I believe there's more to that interview that wasn't posted. They go on to talk about there being some sort of pay-off to the alt timeline. I believe at some point they have to merge together again (hopefully, sooner rather than later) and you'll get your answers. You may not get every answer, and every answer may not satisfy you completely, but I'm confident you'll get them.

Of course... if we don't get them... I'm going to melt some faces.

Chiefnj2 02-04-2010 09:29 AM

I'm not liking the alternate timeline. They changed the backstories of the characters without telling the viewers. They commented that at comicon there was a video where Kate doesn't kill her step dad but someone else and that is why she is a fugitive in the ALT timeline. If the characters lives are so different in the ALT than what we've been shown the last 5 years, it's difficult to care one way or the other about them.

Frazod 02-04-2010 09:35 AM

I'm not digging the alternate time line either. The Locke's body possessed by an evil god thing is really cool, but this new crap is just an annoying distraction, IMO. While it was nice to see Charlie and Boone back, that was about all that really interested me.

Seems like they're trying to shove 20 pounds of shit into a 10 pound bag.

PhillyChiefFan 02-04-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6504817)
Have no fear, sir.

I believe there's more to that interview that wasn't posted. They go on to talk about there being some sort of pay-off to the alt timeline. I believe at some point they have to merge together again (hopefully, sooner rather than later) and you'll get your answers. You may not get every answer, and every answer may not satisfy you completely, but I'm confident you'll get them.

Of course... if we don't get them... I'm going to melt some faces.

I just remember all the big build up for shows like Seinfeld, Dallas, The Sopranos, and to a much lesser extent Rosanne, and they were some extremely disappointed fans.

If this ends like one of those, I'll be pissed for spending so many hours in front of the TV or computer.

PhillyChiefFan 02-04-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6504843)
I'm not digging the alternate time line either. The Locke's body possessed by an evil god thing is really cool, but this new crap is just an annoying distraction, IMO. While it was nice to see Charlie and Boone back, that was about all that really interested me.

Seems like they're trying to shove 20 pounds of shit into a 10 pound bag.

I don't like it either. The ONLY thing I like about it is that all the characters still interact in a some way, so it'll be interesting to see how that develops.

Boone/Locke
Jack/Charlie
Kate/Claire
Jack/Locke
Hurley/Sawyer etc etc.

Buck 02-04-2010 09:55 AM

So I woke up right for the ending last night, and Sayid has some kind of weird accent when he wakes up and says "What happened?"

Chiefnj2 02-04-2010 10:01 AM

How many times did we have to watch Juliet die? I felt like I was watching Groundhog Day.

Mr. Plow 02-04-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6504882)
So I woke up right for the ending last night, and Sayid has some kind of weird accent when he wakes up and says "What happened?"

I watched it again yesterday with my son and I noticed that as well. Even said to my son "That doesn't sound like Sayid."

BigRedChief 02-04-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 6504871)
I don't like it either. The ONLY thing I like about it is that all the characters still interact in a some way, so it'll be interesting to see how that develops.

Boone/Locke
Jack/Charlie
Kate/Claire
Jack/Locke
Hurley/Sawyer etc etc.

yeah but to have some kind of new plot twist like this in the final season when major questions over the 6 years its been on are still not answered?

Frazod 02-04-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6504892)
How many times did we have to watch Juliet die? I felt like I was watching Groundhog Day.

LMAO

Don't worry, she's probably still alive in at least 10 of the other 20 timelines we haven't seen yet.

tymania 02-04-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6504959)
LMAO

Don't worry, she's probably still alive in at least 10 of the other 20 timelines we haven't seen yet.

ooh she'll be back.. Gotta keep the love sqaure goin with jack juliet sawyer and kate

Red Brooklyn 02-04-2010 12:10 PM

I can't say how I feel about the alt timeline yet. I like the idea to a degree. I like seeing how they were "wrong." I like seeing the things that Jack didn't think about when he embarked on this mission. But it all depends on the pay-off. Where will it go? What will we learn? I won't know how I feel about it until we've seen the whole thing.

I am interested to see how they handle the "new" backstories. I wonder how much info we're going to get regarding their new histories.

A lot of people have commented on Sayid's voice.. I didn't notice... gotta go back and watch it again.

LOST is running a high risk of pissing off a lot of fans by the time it ends. I'm sure a lot of people will hate the ending. Just as long as it feels honest, like it's the only ending (or the best possible ending) the show could have. I'll be satisfied.

Buck 02-04-2010 12:16 PM

Cmon Frazzy (and Brooklyn), don't you trust the writers enough by this point to know they won't leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Frazod 02-04-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6505207)
Cmon Frazzy, don't you trust the writers enough by this point to know they won't leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Most of the second second left a bad taste in my mouth.

keg in kc 02-04-2010 12:19 PM

I actually like the idea of an alternate reality where they never went to the island. What I'm worried about is that they'll reconcile the two realities in some trite way, with the push of a magic button.

Buck 02-04-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6505208)
Most of the second second left a bad taste in my mouth.

Really? I generally hear that the 2nd season was the worst season, but I actually started watching Lost from the beginning of the 2nd season (didn't see the 1st til I finished season 2). It holds a special place in my heart I guess.

But come the **** on.

Season 3 - Perhaps the greatest stretch run of episodes (near the end of the season), and the best Season Finale I've ever seen.
Season 4 - Every Episode was spectacular save one or two
Season 5 - See season 4 (except I think every episode was good)

Mr. Plow 02-04-2010 12:22 PM

Maybe a stupid question....

Did they ever show - or are they planning to show - how the numbers from the earlier seasons are significant....or are they not significant?

Buck 02-04-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6505219)
Maybe a stupid question....

Did they ever show - or are they planning to show - how the numbers from the earlier seasons are significant....or are they not significant?

On the Jimmy Kimmel show they asked the head producers/writers if the show was done with the #s and all they said is no, stay tuned.

Red Brooklyn 02-04-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6505207)
Cmon Frazzy (and Brooklyn), don't you trust the writers enough by this point to know they won't leave a bad taste in your mouth?

I do trust them. That's why I'm willing to hold off judgement until the story arch is complete. I'm sure it'll be interesting, to say the least.

But TPTB have made a couple of missteps before (Niki & Paulo leap to mind!). They're not perfect. And, like keg said, I just hope however the two timelines reconcile isn't trite and easy.

I LOVE S2. It's one of my favorites.

Chiefnj2 02-04-2010 01:02 PM

I also don't really like the new "others" in the temple. C'mon how many groups of people are we going to discover on the island? These new others are some great keepers of island knowledge - the bath, Jacob, etc., but they didn't notice the flash when the bomb went off, or know that Jack, et al blew the island up years before?

tymania 02-04-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6505313)
I also don't really like the new "others" in the temple. C'mon how many groups of people are we going to discover on the island? These new others are some great keepers of island knowledge - the bath, Jacob, etc., but they didn't notice the flash when the bomb went off, or know that Jack, et al blew the island up years before?

i hear ya, but it seemed that they kept themselves pretty isolated within the temple walls. and i bet these people are the original natives on the island. But one would think that they would have noticed the flashes and everything.. maybe it will all come out in later episodes.. i have a feeling the first few episodes of this season are going to be background information that will lead to something bigger

Bearcat 02-04-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6502655)
It would basically be season 4 all over again if they did remember, so I hope they're not going that direction, where they all have this feeling like they're in the wrong place and it's all about getting back...

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6505213)
I actually like the idea of an alternate reality where they never went to the island. What I'm worried about is that they'll reconcile the two realities in some trite way, with the push of a magic button.

I was thinking along those lines, too, especially after Miles said Juliette's message was "it worked"... and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it in this thread (but maybe I missed it). When he said that, I got the feeling the Losties on the island will come to the realization that it worked, there's an alternate timeline, and they'll figure out how to pull a Desmond... and then they would have to find each other as constants to stay in the alternate timeline, etc.

Red Brooklyn 02-04-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

They aren't really new others. They're part of the same group of others (richard, ben, etc) that have been around since the show started. They just live at/care for the temple. I think they're pretty cool. And we don't really know what they know at this point. So far, I buy that they don't know who these people are specifically.

And, I don't think in the current timeline (Jack et al at the temple) that the bomb detonated. But I could be wrong. I'm a little confused about all of that at this point. But my impression is that it did not go off in that timeline.

DaneMcCloud 02-04-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

For all we know, they may all be survivors of the Black Rock that like Richard, serve Jacob and are therefore ageless.

Except for the stewardess.

tymania 02-04-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6505597)
For all we know, they may all be survivors of the Black Rock that like Richard, serve Jacob and are therefore ageless.

Except for the stewardess.

They will probably be the ones who help the losties press the "reset button" again, to merge to the two timelines that are going on right now into one