ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to ask for release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269401)

BossChief 02-01-2013 09:14 AM

We are talking about cp, right?...not the reeruned fanbase.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-01-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9369762)
We are talking about cp, right?...not the reeruned fanbase.

Exactly. Geno is an overwhelming favorite here. If I was talk about how much I like Joeckel as a prospect it, Id have to preface the statement with "now I'd still take Geno no. 1, but".... otherwise neg rep bombs

ncCHIEFfan 02-01-2013 09:24 AM

This fan base should be ok with any "veteran" QB not currently on the Chief's roster. However, that does not change the fact that Geno Smith (at least for now) is the best option at the #1 pick of the draft for the KC Chiefs.

SAUTO 02-01-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9369474)
Marshall W 69-34
James Madison W 42-12
Maryland W 31-21
Texas Tech L 49-14
Kansas State L 55-14
Syracuse L 38-14

Yea look at those shootouts.

If you are going to hurt your knees blowing him all offseason you could at least watch ALL of his games like us real fans.

where is the baylor game you were referencing?

RyFo18 02-01-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9369773)
This fan base should be ok with any "veteran" QB not currently on the Chief's roster. However, that does not change the fact that Geno Smith (at least for now) is the best option at the #1 pick of the draft for the KC Chiefs.

I like Geno Smith at #1, but I wouldn't go around calling it a "fact" that it's the best option.

ncCHIEFfan 02-01-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9369775)
I like Geno Smith at #1, but I wouldn't go around calling it a "fact" that it's the best option.

Ok...factwas not the best word to use but I have been a fan for over two decades. Been a football fan for over 3 decades so perhaps what I said couldn't be "proved" through science but I don't think anyone can convince me other wise...no matter the thickness of their BS!

htismaqe 02-01-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9369769)
Exactly. Geno is an overwhelming favorite here. If I was talk about how much I like Joeckel as a prospect it, Id have to preface the statement with "now I'd still take Geno no. 1, but".... otherwise neg rep bombs

From the same 4 or 5 people.

You haven't gotten negative reps from ME, let alone the other 140+ people that voted they would take Geno...

Mr_Tomahawk 02-01-2013 09:33 AM

Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

AR prefers deeper passing, so far from a lock. MT @R1balla: @caplannfl Alex smith is gonna go to KC and Reid will draft luke with 1st.

Cephalic Trauma 02-01-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9369788)
Ok...factwas not the best word to use but I have been a fan for over two decades. Been a football fan for over 3 decades so perhaps what I said couldn't be "proved" through science but I don't think anyone can convince me other wise...no matter the thickness of their BS!

Nope, SNR proved it through a complex algorithm based on the core principles of musicology and watching Geno's highlight film. Don't ask, but the algorithm is flawless.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9369796)
Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

AR prefers deeper passing, so far from a lock. MT @R1balla: @caplannfl Alex smith is gonna go to KC and Reid will draft luke with 1st.

So Caplan isn't buying the Alex Smith rumors, huh?

Who is R1balla?

RyFo18 02-01-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9369788)

That's fair. That said, go Geno!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-01-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9369795)
From the same 4 or 5 people.

You haven't gotten negative reps from ME, let alone the other 140+ people that voted they would take Geno...

Maybe the same 4 or 5 people really support and defend Geno, but I'd say yall have done a good job of changing how he is perceived on this board. I don't see it the same way. I don't think that means they don't care, I think they just concede to some of the brighter football minds. It's nothing new that some of our more vocal football minds control the thought process of the board. The average football fan is easily swayed. I do it with my friends all the time.

O.city 02-01-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

No they shouldn't be. Look at MagicHefs post.

Best way to get a franchise QB is the first round. Free agent Qb's don't win SB's. If the greatest free agent Qb in the history of the NFL couldn't, I doubt Alex Smith will.

RealSNR 02-01-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9369474)
Marshall W 69-34
James Madison W 42-12
Maryland W 31-21
Texas Tech L 49-14
Kansas State L 55-14
Syracuse L 38-14

Yea look at those shootouts.

If you are going to hurt your knees blowing him all offseason you could at least watch ALL of his games like us real fans.

Why did you leave off the Baylor game, reerun? That was even the game YOU brought up and that I responded to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9368980)
Like Geno v Baylor?

The Baylor game was a shootout. Not garbage time.

If you didn't mean the Baylor game specifically was garbage time, then you have a problem with the English language. Be clear or get ****ed.

Rasputin 02-01-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

YEah NO, I call bull shit. This fan base should not be ok with any "veteran" QB not currently on the Chief's roster. IMO I think Geno Smith is the best option, but at the same time better pay attention to the other QBs in the draft that a few of them are still better than any ****tart retread QBs from other teams. We have been down that route 30 years man. End the Blackledge curse and draft a QBOTFF. ****ing stupid if we don't ****ing stupid if we don't.