ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2012 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254491)

Hootie 12-21-2012 03:28 PM

no need for popcorn; I don't think anyone readily admits to being one of those people...I'm sure the ones that do it are too oblivious to even know because they are idiots.

Buehler445 12-21-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9230327)
I'm 27.

When I was 22 I was probably about 190...so my roommate and I went to the gym every day for 3 straight months; no drinking. Diet remained poor but like I said, I've never been an overeater, I eat two meals a day, don't snack...so it is what it is.

Anyways...I did lifts with him in reps of 5...several per day...we weren't super aggressive but I didn't do a lot of cardio then and when I went on vacation I had almost zero fat and, in all honesty, was pretty cut.

And I never pushed myself to the max...I always felt good and accomplished after a workout but never went gung ho. I just went every day.

That's where I'm trying to get today...but instead of lifting, I'm doing it primarily with cardio. I have a good metabolism and feel like with the cardio regimen alone 6 days a week I'll easily drop the 10-15 lbs.

All I'm trying to do is supplement...I'm not trying to get a professional workout, which is why (along with cost) I chose Planet "we have pizza parties on Mondays" Fitness.

Silock's is probably where it is at for you then. Just don't get all billy bad ass and load up the weight for more than you're good for.

Buehler445 12-21-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9230400)
no need for popcorn; I don't think anyone readily admits to being one of those people...I'm sure the ones that do it are too oblivious to even know because they are idiots.

I don't think there are any real jackasses here. I'd venture a guess that most people in this thread go to the gym to get better, not to be hardasses.

lewdog 12-21-2012 04:47 PM

I am with Silock on this. Lighter weights does not mean better form especially on squats/deads. Form stays much tighter for almost everyone on a squat/dead set of 5 reps with mod-heavy weight than it does with 15+ reps and light weight. I have never understood why people equate light weight to mean good form when you fatigue your muscles to the extreme by doing so many reps.

Weight lifting should be about increasing reps per weight or increasing weight. If you aren't in the gym trying to add weight or reps at a certain weight, you might as well not even lift. People forget that to change your body you have to progress. Progression is not going into the gym and doing the same weight/reps on a given exercise every time.

Marcellus 12-21-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9230336)
though if I could be the super witty, savvy guy with the meathead body as well I guess I wouldn't complain

Yea but then you have 3 things you need to work on rather than just 2.

Silock 12-21-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9230320)
This.

I'm not fat. I'm out of shape. I'm 6'3" 200 when I'd rather be 185/190...and before I was doing that with no exercise other than flag football on Mondays.

Doing my 30 minute interval treadmill will accomplish that goal alone...I just wanted some ideas about some lifts to do to supplement that routine 3 or 4 days a week.

Run 6 days, lift after running 3 days a week.

Someone finally gave me 5 good lifts. That makes me happy.

Uh, I gave that to you last night!

Hootie 12-21-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9230740)

I think you gave me 1 lift per day though

Silock 12-21-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9230748)
I think you gave me 1 lift per day though

You won't be able to give proper time to each lift given your time constraints if you do more than one per day. Nor should you do each lift every day. I gave it to you that way so that you can work one major muscle group each day and never the same muscle group two days in a row.

Hootie 12-21-2012 06:54 PM

Give me two a day for a compromise

KCrockaholic 12-21-2012 07:01 PM

Football practice was my favorite workout. I might never be as cut as I was then.

Hootie 12-21-2012 07:21 PM

football practice was tame and easy compared to basketball practice

ThaVirus 12-21-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9230740)

NTTATWWT.

EDIT: Eh, never mind. Read it as "it" not "that"...Doesn't really work...

Hootie 12-21-2012 07:44 PM

hey assholes I'm about to go to the gym give me three dumbbell exercises now! Go go go!

Brock 12-21-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9230870)
hey assholes I'm about to go to the gym give me three dumbbell exercises now! Go go go!

overhead seesaw presses, dumbell bench press, bent rows

lewdog 12-21-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9230870)

Bench DB kickbacks, standing db kickbacks, rack db kickbacks.