ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

ChiefsCountry 07-24-2013 03:10 PM

That Detroit game was probably Alex Smith's best that he played last year.

TheUte 07-24-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9831799)
I love logic too, but your post doesn't seem to have any.

The more Alex Smith throws, the worse he is. Wins, completion %, TD %, INT %, you name it.

No you are choosing not to see it.

If everyone throws the ball 35 X a game, there is a winner and a loser in every game there for the odds of winning is 50/50 when you throw 35 x a games, sorry is just a fact.

So maybe just maybe its just a stat and other factors are more important or just as important.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-24-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9831810)
It's not a train, it's the short bus.

A SHORT BUS WITH NITROUS HEMI, AMIRIGHT?!

J Diddy 07-24-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9831817)
A SHORT BUS WITH NITROUS HEMI, AMIRIGHT?!

with a fiero 4 banger and a pinto gas tank

MagicHef 07-24-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 9831815)

If everyone throws the ball 35 X a game, there is a winner and a loser in every game there for the odds of winning is 50/50 when you throw 35 x a games, sorry is just a fact.

So maybe just maybe its just a stat and other factors are more important or just as important.

Oh my. Do you actually think this way?

By the same logic, every game has a winner and a loser, so each team's chances are always 50%. Every statistic is meaningless. Even rosters would be meaningless, and the Jags would have the same likelihood of winning the Super Bowl as the Packers.

Wildcat2005 07-24-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 9831815)

That only works if both teams are exactly the same

It is like saying the odds of the Patriots beating Shawnee Mission High School are 50/50 because there are only two teams

TheUte 07-24-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9831836)
Oh my. Do you actually think this way?

By the same logic, every game has a winner and a loser, so each team's chances are always 50%. Every statistic is meaningless. Even rosters would be meaningless, and the Jags would have the same likelihood of winning the Super Bowl as the Packers.

What I'm saying is that it is a little simple minded to pull one stat out of, I don't how many NFL stats there are and look at this one specific stat is means we are going to lose. It's just false.

AS has plenty of weaknesses, talk about those, something not just arbitrary stats that support your argument.

That is if you want to have are real discussion and not just bitch and moan.

The thing that drives me crazy about AS is he lets his brain get in the way to much. And everyone knows who has played any sport, you start thinking too much and you are done.

Setsuna 07-24-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 9831848)
What I'm saying is that it is a little simple minded to pull one stat out of, I don't how many NFL stats there are and look at this one specific stat is means we are going to lose. It's just false.

AS has plenty of weaknesses, talk about those, something not just arbitrary stats that support your argument.

The thing that drives me crazy about AS is he lets his brain get in the way to much. And everyone knows who has played any sport, you start thinking too much and you are done.

Another weakness is his rapidly degrading body. Is that relevant enough weakness or will you start backtracking?

Chief_For_Life58 07-24-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 9831844)
That only works if both teams are exactly the same

It is like saying the odds of the Patriots beating Shawnee Mission High School are 50/50 because there are only two teams

well which sme district are we talking about?

TheUte 07-24-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9831853)
Another weakness is his rapidly degrading body. Is that relevant enough weakness or will you start backtracking?

I have not backtracked one bit, All I have ever said it that I'm willing to give him a chance.
I'm excited for football and I think he will be successful.

I have said before at least let him fail, then run him out a town.

MagicHef 07-24-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 9831848)

Alex Smith playing worse as he throws more is a legitimate weakness of his, which has been discussed on here before.

Also, in case you didn't notice, I didn't just dream this up because some stats happened to support it, I was responding to someone else who used their own stats to try and show that this very issue was not a problem.

ChiefsCountry 07-24-2013 03:40 PM

Alex Smith's Regular Season Career Numbers when attempting 35 or more passes.
364/641
23/40 per game average
20 TDs
19 Ints
71.4 QB Rating
5.7 Yards Per Attempt
4.9 Yards Per Completion
Career Record 3-13

Sandy Vagina 07-24-2013 03:42 PM

Still say looking at career numbers is a waste of time right now. Convenient or not, focusing on his last few years is easily the smart move if being true in figuring out where Alex is as a QB. It is a what-have-u-done-4-me-lately league. Steve Young and many others started out in very rough situations. Once the situations improved, hey, then you ended up with some really good QB play. Go figure.

TheUte 07-24-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9831887)
364/641
23/40 per game average
20 TDs
19 Ints
71.4 QB Rating
5.7 Yards Per Attempt
4.9 Yards Per Completion
Career Record 3-13

What are his stats when throwing the ball 20 X a game?

What is the difference in W-L for team that throws Under 20 over and under 35 and over?

TheUte 07-24-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9831887)
364/641
23/40 per game average
20 TDs
19 Ints
71.4 QB Rating
5.7 Yards Per Attempt
4.9 Yards Per Completion
Career Record 3-13

Oh yeah and who were his receivers in the time frame of those stats.

And lets compare a AR receivers in that same time frame.

Stats without perspective are worthless.