ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rumor: Chiefs are signing Hollywood Brown (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352725)

tredadda 03-14-2024 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17443001)
Simple minded drivel.

Veach built a great defense but at the expense of the offense.

He has also horribly mismanaged the WR room.

The QB and defense bailed out his bad decisions there.

Um what? He built one of the best Olines in the league, still had Kelce, Pacheco, and brought back McKinnon. He even hit on Rice in round 2. He didn’t neglect the offense, it was just WRs who should have improved or at least treaded water did the opposite. Had they done that KC’s offense would have been near the top again like it was the year prior with essentially the same group of players.

Megatron96 03-14-2024 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17443047)
Yes but we were able to go 16 straight drives without a TD against elite defenses and keep winning because of the awesome defense we have. The Chiefs are spending all their money to build a team. Right now WR seems to be a real market inefficiency in terms of how much it costs to pay the elite ones. So while other teams are paying them we chose to zig while they zagged.

Again, we need to upgrade, especially with Kelce's age. But in no way do I look at this situation and think Veach "horribly mismanaged" anything.

Are people forgetting that for about two months the Chiefs offense was the worst 2nd-half offense in the NFL? That through the last 9 games of the season KC managed to score more than 27 points just once? That we lost to DEN. Lost to a collapsing PHI, that was blown out by Baker Mayfield in the playoffs. That we lost to LVR, a historically bad defense.

I mean, it's all well and good to have a great defense. But scoring points is how you win games last I checked.

58-4ever 03-14-2024 12:34 PM

I am an OU guy and I hope this does not happen. He can't stay on the field and has been largely underwhelming after his rookie year. No thanks. I'd rather have Curtis Samuel.

MahomesMagic 03-14-2024 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17443068)
Um what? He built one of the best Olines in the league, still had Kelce, Pacheco, and brought back McKinnon. He even hit on Rice in round 2. He didn’t neglect the offense, it was just WRs who should have improved or at treaded water did the opposite. Had they done that KC’s offense would have been near the top again like it was the year prior with essentially the same group of players.

He didn't draft Kelce. The offense depends on him.

He did a great job with the interior OL. The LT he got by with and the RT performed eventually. His tackle picks have been busts so far.

The WR room was horribly mismanaged with garbage guys. There were guys on other teams practice squads better than what guys we were force feeding snaps too.

Sky Moore should have been cut last year, not expected to be a #1WR.

KC_Connection 03-14-2024 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17443040)
The offense absolutely fisted Buffalo and moved it at will against Miami. The **** you talking about?

Did you happen to watch the Ravens and 49ers games where the offense didn't score for the majority of those games or do you count that as the offense rolling?

Mahomes effectively willed the team to victory late in the SB with some major assistance from the defense, but that was a tremendous struggle for most of it for that offense.

Chris Meck 03-14-2024 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17443073)
Are people forgetting that for about two months the Chiefs offense was the worst 2nd-half offense in the NFL? That through the last 9 games of the season KC managed to score more than 27 points just once? That we lost to DEN. Lost to a collapsing PHI, that was blown out by Baker Mayfield in the playoffs. That we lost to LVR, a historically bad defense.

I mean, it's all well and good to have a great defense. But scoring points is how you win games last I checked.

Technically, scoring one point more than you give up is what you need to win

chiefzilla1501 03-14-2024 12:39 PM

I don’t think Boyd is as much a misfit as we think. It would be nice to have an outside checkdown option. I’d rather we expand Rashees role and send Rashees more downfield while letting Boyd take some of that possession stuff. But you cannot sign Boyd without making a play for some speed guys. I think it could work if we got 1-2 speed threats in the draft and bargain bin.

Obviously we needed better vertical consistency last year. But to me it felt like this short to intermediate reliability was missing. It’s kind of the role we really wanted Watson to play but he’s just not that guy. So we eventually scrapped around with gray and Pacheco.

KC_Connection 03-14-2024 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17443059)
It wasn't the 2018 offense, but it was good in the playoffs.

It was fine but the defense being elite had far more to do with winning their last two games.

smithandrew051 03-14-2024 12:42 PM

We can talk about which WRs fit or don’t forever, but just give me guys who will catch the ball when it hits them in the hands. Reid will scheme them open. Mahomes will find them.

Just know the offense, run the correct routes, and catch the ball.

Megatron96 03-14-2024 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17443085)
Technically, scoring one point more than you give up is what you need to win

Sure. How about we get the defense to score at least once a game? That'd bring up the average to around 24 points. Maybe we can get Toub off his fat ass and have STs score a TD every other game. I mean, if you're content to have the offense average less than 20 pts per contest, let's invest in ST players. How about trading for Bland? That guy scored more TDs than all of our WRs except Rice, lol. And he wasn't even the target.

tredadda 03-14-2024 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17443077)
He didn't draft Kelce. The offense depends on him.

He did a great job with the interior OL. The LT he got by with and the RT performed eventually. His tackle picks have been busts so far.

The WR room was horribly mismanaged with garbage guys. There were guys on other teams practice squads better than what guys we were force feeding snaps too.

Sky Moore should have been cut last year, not expected to be a #1WR.

So if he didn’t draft a guy they don’t count? Was he supposed to cut Kelce only to resign him to get “credit” for him? LT did more than “get by”, and once our RT stopped getting an example made out of him he played very well. Sure his tackle picks have not performed like we would have hoped, but that doesn’t mean he failed to address it. LT is far harder to nail outside the 1st and the blue chip ones go very fast. This draft will be an example of this.

This WR room largely consisted of the same guys from the previous year where they were #1 in the league. Clearly Andy felt that the WR was good enough. I doubt he asked Veach to address it and he was ignored.

Skyy was a rookie in year 1. It was believed that he would improve. He didn’t, but zero people expected him to be a #1 WR.

O.city 03-14-2024 12:49 PM

Look at what WR's are getting paid. Calvin Ridley got damn near 100 million.

The Chiefs traded Tyreek, decided to go against the curve there. Worked year 1, didn't year 2.

They'll pivot and move forward.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-14-2024 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17443040)
The offense absolutely fisted Buffalo and moved it at will against Miami. The **** you talking about?

Right

Well you know... against those shitty Baltimore and Niner Defenses... :rolleyes:

Some folks would bitch about the weight if you gave them a bag of gold.

O.city 03-14-2024 12:52 PM

The offense wasn't good enough. It's gotta get better.

I don't think that's arguable.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-14-2024 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17443116)
Look at what WR's are getting paid. Calvin Ridley got damn near 100 million.

The Chiefs traded Tyreek, decided to go against the curve there. Worked year 1, didn't year 2.

They'll pivot and move forward.

Tyreek trade worked beautifully bc we capitalized on the resources received, but even if we had broke Tyreek off, like at least you're paying for a HOFer

Same goes for Chris.

It's these massive deals for guys who are B+ players that just doesn't make business since for us when we are carrying Mahomes' deal