ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196570)

BigRedChief 04-25-2011 07:05 PM

Guys can we put future events and talk of future events in spoiler tags?

Buck 04-25-2011 07:07 PM

I'm not sure if you are referring to my comment, BRC. That happened already.

BigRedChief 04-25-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7590868)
Cersei Lannister married the King.

after they killed Starks sister, I'm sire I'm going to find out in some future episode. Again don't confirm publically.

As is most threads here specualtion by people who don't know is tolerated. If you know for sure, its spoiler tags. At least thats the way other threads in the media cneter have worked that I participated in, Lost, 24, Entourage etc,

Buck 04-25-2011 07:09 PM

Dude, I'm not following you, but before the show even started Cersei was married to Robert Bartheon, who is the king.

BigRedChief 04-25-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7590877)
I'm not sure if you are referring to my comment, BRC. That happened already.

not focuesd on your comment or any other comment. Just trying to make sure the "etiquette" of this threads in the media center have been, If you guys don't want that, thats cool too.

Buck 04-25-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7590886)
not focuesd on your comment or any other comment. Just trying to make sure the "etiquette" of this thread is like the other thread in the media center have been, If you guys don't want that, thats cool too.

Oh ok, I think Keg might have made another thread in the Media Center for non-spoilers because most people in here have read the books.

BigRedChief 04-25-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7590881)
Dude, I'm not following you, but before the show even started Cersei was married to Robert Bartheon, who is the king.

Wasn't the King married to starks sister and she was murdered? Or have I got that wrong?

Buck 04-25-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7590895)
Wasn't the King married to starks sister and she was murdered? Or have I got that wrong?

Um, I'm not 100% sure but from what was said in that tomb it sounded like the King was in love with Stark's sister. Not sure if they ever got married, but they were going to.

I don't know how she died.

TrickyNicky 04-25-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7590878)
after they killed Starks sister, I'm sire I'm going to find out in some future episode. Again don't confirm publically.

As is most threads here specualtion by people who don't know is tolerated. If you know for sure, its spoiler tags. At least thats the way other threads in the media cneter have worked that I participated in, Lost, 24, Entourage etc,

The Lannisters didn't kill Stark's sister. The Targaryens did, along with Ned's father and older brother. I could go into detail about what happened but only these basic facts have been revealed in the show so far.

Also, there is another thread that is 100% spoiler-free.

Swanman 04-26-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7590864)
Alright, I'm hooked now. Understand the charectors mch better now. Some problems with the superficial aspects of the charectors. They kill the brother or try, kill the daughter dog, probably killed his sister. The Lassisters are bad people and need to die. If they are so bad to everyone how did they achieve any power?

The Lannisters are by far the wealthiest family in the kingdom of Westeros. Obviously the wealth helps raise formidable armies. The leader of the house Tywin Lannister (Cersei, Jaime and Tyrion's father) is also a shrewd and ruthless tactician.

Red Brooklyn 04-26-2011 09:01 AM

Great, GREAT! episode. I love this show so much. They are really handling the source material well. I do miss some of the talk/argument about who is going with Ned and who is staying behind. That all happened so fast and weakens some of the characters, to a small degree. But whatever. I think everyone is getting the basic point.

Also, I loved the final scene.

Spoiler!

allen_kcCard 04-26-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7591826)
Great, GREAT! episode. I love this show so much. They are really handling the source material well. I do miss some of the talk/argument about who is going with Ned and who is staying behind. That all happened so fast and weakens some of the characters, to a small degree. But whatever. I think everyone is getting the basic point.

Also, I loved the final scene.

Spoiler!

Yeah, wondering how they are going to do the Warg stuff. I am guessing they will show POV of inside the wolf, along with some of what they are doing. Won't be able to show the tasting blood and all the smells but should all still be really cool.

Leaving spoiler tags off since they separated out a spoiler free thread.

Huffmeister 04-26-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7591826)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Also, something that bugged me about this week's episode was the scene where Jon says goodbye to Ned. Every map shows the Kingsroad running north/south with Winterfell on the west side. In this scene, we're looking in the direction of Winterfell, which means that right is north and left is south. However, Jon goes left (south) and Ned goes right (north). They're both going the wrong way.

And yes, I realize it's an asinine thing to nitpick about, but it still caught my attention.

Shag 04-26-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7591983)
Spoiler!

Also, something that bugged me about this week's episode was the scene where Jon says goodbye to Ned. Every map shows the Kingsroad running north/south with Winterfell on the west side. In this scene, we're looking in the direction of Winterfell, which means that right is north and left is south. However, Jon goes left (south) and Ned goes right (north). They're both going the wrong way.

And yes, I realize it's an asinine thing to nitpick about, but it still caught my attention.

Arya also threw the rock at Nymeria with her right hand, but she's supposed to be left handed. **** HBO! ;)

NewChief 04-26-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7591983)
Spoiler!

ROFL We have our winner for fanboy of the week.