ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raiders Trade for Carson Palmer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251389)

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 8005580)
One thing that I haven't read, and I'll admit that I refuse to go through 50+ pages of this thread, but I can guarantee that every member here would be having a mass orgy if the Chiefs traded Cassel to the Raiders and got this haul. Sad thing is I think they could've.

Carson Palmer was a local star in college. Cassel was a backup.

Palmer has more name recognition and generates more buzz.

Cassel may actually be the better QB at this point.... as crazy as that sounds...

Ugly Duck 10-18-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005586)
Cassel may actually be the better QB (than Palmer) at this point

Name change

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montane (Post 8005550)
Jim Plunket and Rich Gannon were both 33 when they joined the Raiders. Palmer at 31 is still a kid by that standard!

Plunkett was 30 when he left the 9ers & went to Oakland

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8005584)
I dont think anyone here would pretend the potential for Cassel matches the potential for Palmer.

Old Palmer no.... current palmer.... maybe.

I still think Palmer is better, but not by as big of a margin as you think. And, given the fact that he has no training camp, no offseason workouts and is not familiar with the Raiders..... Cassel may be the better QB as of right now.

Oh, and in 2010, Cassel had fewer yards, but had a higher passer rating, more TD's, less than half the INT's and averaged more yards per pass.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 8005592)
Name change

You have to hope that I am wrong. But, a close look at 2010's stats would say that the argument has some merit.

Hey, we can't debate the current year because, well, Palmer quit on his old team.

But, now that he has a new team, we can compare from this point forward.

And, I can't wait. It is pretty rare for a QB to come in and not have some growing pains with a new team. (speaking from experience) Cassel came in and struggled his first year, but went on to put up good numbers in his second season in KC. (more TD's and fewer int's than Palmer)

Trent Green had a similar experience.

It will be interesting to see how Carson does with this situation.

Can't wait to watch it unfold.

jd1020 10-18-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005594)
Old Palmer no.... current palmer.... maybe.

I still think Palmer is better, but not by as big of a margin as you think. And, given the fact that he has no training camp, no offseason workouts and is not familiar with the Raiders..... Cassel may be the better QB as of right now.

Oh, and in 2010, Cassel had fewer yards, but had a higher passer rating, more TD's, less than half the INT's and averaged more yards per pass.

Put Cassel on the 2010 Bengals and see how well he does. It takes 3 of Palmers targets to equal 1 of Cassels and he wont have that #1 rushing attack to hide behind. Not to mention he's got 4 games against the Ravens and Steelers, 1 NE, 1 NYJ, 1 NO.

Ya... Good luck Cassel.

Gadzooks 10-18-2011 11:15 PM

Why are all you boobs paying any attention to this deal?
All it shows is that Al's spirit is still alive and well. This is the Chargers division. We own it. The Turds will continue to suck for yet another decade. End of story.

Montane 10-18-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Name change

Plunkett was 30 when he left the 9ers & went to Oakland

You are right. He was 33 when he came in for Pastorini.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8005599)
Put Cassel on the 2010 Bengals and see how well he does. It takes 3 of Palmers targets to equal 1 of Cassels.

Would you say that Palmer is going to a better situation than the Chiefs are currently in?

Would you say a comparison of Palmer and Cassel would be more fair this year?

I think it will be pretty close. Carson is probably better, if you give him a full offseason and time with the team.

But, right now, at this moment..... Cassel is probably the better QB.

Cassel and Palmer have the same number of playoff wins.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 8005607)
Why are all you boobs paying any attention to this deal?
All it shows is that Al's spirit is still alive and well. This is the Chargers division. We own it. The Turds will continue to suck for yet another decade. End of story.

Congrats.

jd1020 10-18-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005609)
Would you say that Palmer is going to a better situation than the Chiefs are currently in?

Would you say a comparison of Palmer and Cassel would be more fair this year?

I think it will be pretty close. Carson is probably better, if you give him a full offseason and time with the team.

But, right now, at this moment..... Cassel is probably the better QB.

Cassel and Palmer have the same number of playoff wins.

Quote:

Name change

Cassel is a disgrace to the position.

Ugly Duck 10-18-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005228)
I mean, Barksdale....maybe. But, then again, with the struggles on the line currently.....

What O-line struggles are you referring to? Raiders O-line is tied for the fewest sacks allowed in the NFL (7), and one of those was a botched kneeldown. Another was Campbell tripping on McFadden's foot. Their run blocking is also fine, #2 in the league. Raiders are 8th in scoring & have the leading rusher. What are the current struggles on the Raider O-line?

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8005614)
Cassel is a disgrace to the position.

And yet, his QB rating for this year is higher than all but two of Palmer's seasons.

He is on pace to throw for as many or more TD's than all but two of Palmer's seasons.

Sure, he isn't on pace as far as yardage...but he also isn't on pace as far as interceptions.

Oh, and he is currently completing 66% of his passes, which is higher than all but one year for Palmer.

I have no love for Cassel... but given what Cassel is and how well he compares to Carson of late.... what does that say about Palmer?

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 8005618)
What O-line struggles are you referring to? Raiders O-line is tied for the fewest sacks allowed in the NFL (7), and one of those was a botched kneeldown. Another was Campbell tripping on McFadden's foot. Their run blocking is also fine, #2 in the league. Raiders are 8th in scoring & have the leading rusher. What are the current struggles on the Raider O-line?

I stand corrected. I read something somewhere about their o-line grading out poorly. I thought a large part of the reason they had few sacks was because of Campbell buying time.

But, if I am wrong, I am man enough to admit it. It will be interesting to see how well those sack stats hold up with Carson back there.

jd1020 10-18-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005626)
And yet, his QB rating for this year is higher than all but two of Palmer's seasons.

He is on pace to throw for as many or more TD's than all but two of Palmer's seasons.

Sure, he isn't on pace as far as yardage...but he also isn't on pace as far as interceptions.

Oh, and he is currently completing 66% of his passes, which is higher than all but one year for Palmer.

I have no love for Cassel... but given what Cassel is and how well he compares to Carson of late.... what does that say about Palmer?

LMAO Watch the ****ing games. He's doing this, this, this, and this but I forgot to mention he throws the ball 3 yards at a time.

NJChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005626)

In order for me to be influenced by these stats, you would have to break down how much either goes down the field. 66% is nice, but if its all check downs or short throws it doesn't do much. I would much rather have a guy that stretches it throwing 60% then a guy that doesn't throwing 66%.

To me the reason the % and INTs are different is because Cassel doesn't risk it. If you golf and never hit a wood/driver off the tee your not going to hit it OB as much. Your FIR might be higher. Defending Cassel stats you would have to ignore GIR and success on tougher courses where distance matters. Damn good analogy if I do say so myself, and I do.

Palmer isn't what he once was, and what he was once was a QB on the cusp of being really really good. He isn't that anymore. The arguement of who is better between Cassel and Palmer is worthless to me because neither is taking a team to the promise land, the Super Bowl, so it doesn't matter.

Oakland can do all they want making the playoffs. All I care about are Championships. If my team doesn't get one I don't brag. If my rivals don't get one what they say literally means nothing. Braging about anything other than winning the title is reserved for those foolish enough to think almost means anything, which it doesn't.

So Raiders, until this wins you a Championship STFU. Chargers, until you actually nut up and do what you are sujpposed to be capable of, STFU. Broncos fans, congrats on the cheating for the SB a DECADE plus ago. Chiefs fans, I was -15 when we won the big dance. That wouldn't be horrible if I was like 3 now, which I am not.