ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2012 Fat Loss Challenge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254378)

Mr. Flopnuts 02-27-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8404061)
I will never get over the love of grease in this thread. Not starting an argument, just making a general statement. Flame away.

It's just completely opposite of what you're doing. And that's fine. This is the first time I've ever done low carb. I've done damned near everything else, but ultimately, whether it's low carb, intermittent fasting, high vegetable-low fat diet, it has always only came down to one thing to me.

Calories in vs. calories out. Because that's the only thing that matters in weight loss ultimately. You may or may not get added benefit from one diet over the other (I'm hopeful low carb kicks my shit into super overdrive) but you can't lose weight without taking in less than you put it.

So really for me, it's just semantics anyways. Doing it a bunch of different ways is great for eating different foods and achieving the same result.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-28-2012 11:25 AM

Chorizo con huevos. It's what's for brunch.

L.A. Chieffan 02-28-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8405001)
Chorizo con huevos. It's what's for brunch.

are you doing low carb? theres carbs in chorizo

Mr. Flopnuts 02-28-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8405005)
are you doing low carb? theres carbs in chorizo

Really? Shit, thanks man. Ham & egg omelet. Glad I haven't cooked it yet.

Frosty 02-28-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8405040)
Really? Shit, thanks man. Ham & egg omelet. Glad I haven't cooked it yet.

Check the package. Nutritiondata only shows 2g per 100g, which is definitely very low carb. I suppose some really cheap brands might put some carby fillers in it, but authentic chorizo shouldn't have much.

L.A. Chieffan 02-28-2012 11:52 AM

theres about 10g in 12 oz. i guess maybe my chorizo may be very different but if youre trying to go into ketosis i wouldnt really recommend it regardless

Hammock Parties 02-28-2012 02:15 PM

http://i.imgur.com/0GVnj.png

keg in kc 02-28-2012 03:14 PM

My back seems to be getting better today. I've been able to stay on my feet long enough to cook a solid brunch (scrambled eggs, oven-fried sweet potatoes w/ onions, turkey bacon) and then take a shower. I seem to be generally okay although I'll occasionally get a random twinge. I'm going to try a short walk in a little while, as experience with issues like this have taught me that it generally helps more to work out the kinks if I can than it does to lay/sit around. Hopefully it'll be a memory in a day or two.

Buck 02-28-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8405065)
theres about 10g in 12 oz. i guess maybe my chorizo may be very different but if youre trying to go into ketosis i wouldnt really recommend it regardless

Uh, that certainly doesn't sound right, but even IF it were, who the **** can eat 12 oz of chorizo? 6 oz is plenty. Mixed with eggs or whatnot.

5g of carbs isn't gonna **** you up.

P.S. Floppy, I've eaten Chorizo a few times in the past couple months. There are not 10g of Carbs in 12 oz.

In58men 02-28-2012 08:37 PM

I had exactly 15 Coronas last night, pizza, and wings during the race last night.

Hit a good cardio workout today at the gym. Man, one day of splurging can put a mother****er back

Buck 02-28-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8406241)
I had exactly 15 Coronas last night, pizza, and wings during the race last night.

Hit a good cardio workout today at the gym. Man, one day of splurging can put a mother****er back

No shit. That sounds like at least 3 or 4 hours of hard work to burn what you put in.

I've realized this is a lifestyle change compared to just losing weight.

Last year when I did this, I still partied and drank all the time. Sure I lost a lot of weight, fast, but I was unmotivated after a while and stopped working. Put back on half the weight I lost.

This time I've gradually cut back on drinking, to the point now where I've quit completely. It's been a couple weeks and a couple days since I've drank and I quit smoking cigarettes too.

I am in this for the long haul. Even when I hit my goal, I'm not going back. Drinking will be set aside for special occasions only.

Hammock Parties 02-28-2012 08:46 PM

How the **** can anyone drink 15 beers?

Omaha 02-28-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8406268)

One at a time... probably. That would knock me on my ass.

lewdog 02-28-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8406268)

Have you ever been to college? Nights of long drinking of shitty light beers.

In58men 02-28-2012 10:18 PM

Man, that's the most I drank in years. For some reason the beers were going down great, but wasn't getting me drunk. I was feeling really good. I hit the cardio as much as my body would let me. I won't have another drink until Saturday.

I only drink during sporting events, not your everyday drinker.