ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Minnesota Twins @ Kansas City Royals Game Thread (4/9) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271917)

Hootie 04-09-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9573722)
What's the most important skill you want in a leadoff hitter?

so Albert Pujols and Barry Bonds would have been the greatest leadoff men of all-time?

Hootie 04-09-2013 09:33 PM

there are 25 #3 hitters in the Major League that would make great leadoff hitters...

if you think Alex Gordon is a prototypical leadoff man you're on crack

the dude is a prototypical #3 hitter or #5 hitter

Hootie 04-09-2013 09:34 PM

and I'm not bashing Ned, or the Royals, or anyone on this board...

I'm just pointing out that we're batting a badass #3 hitter at leadoff when we have a few guys more than capable of being plus level leadoff men

doesn't make sense when Moose doesn't really belong at #4...and Billy could hold #4 and protect Gordon at the same time

KChiefs1 04-09-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9573724)
I'm like an addict, ready for the next game. Let's go already.

Me too!

PunkinDrublic 04-09-2013 09:34 PM

Anybody see on sportscenter the Indians pitcher that got ejected 2 years ago for throwing at Billy Butlers head after Melkys homerun got tossed for basically the same thing.

Mr. Laz 04-09-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9573706)
LMAO

I'm sorry that I'd rather have Gordon driving in runs rather than depending on hitters with less ability to drive him in...

the dude is an ideal RBI man...and you can't pitch around him as much when Billy Butler is on deck.

Rather have Billy Butler protecting Alex Gordon than protecting Alcides Escobar.

I'm sorry if I see more potential out of Gordon than being a great leadoff man...

I'd rather have a great #3 hitter than a great leadoff guy...especially when we have two guys (Cain, Escobar) who would be more than competent at leadoff.

not just about Gordon, it's about EVERY dam opinion and move talked about

just 48 hours ago you(and others) were ragging people about how pulling your closer is ridiculous.

first thing out of your mouth was 'these are just football fans' ...

I still remember my dad taking me out the K 'standing room only' for the deciding game of the Royals/Yankees series in the playoffs, decades ago.

So GFY with this 'real fan' bullshit.

Hootie 04-09-2013 09:35 PM

everyone is like "it's not broke! don't fix it!"

I'm pretty sure Albert Pujols and the Cardinals would have still won games if they had him at leadoff...

but they didn't...because he's built to drive in runs

kind of like Gordon should be, you know, with all of the extra base hits he gets

alnorth 04-09-2013 09:36 PM

according to Yost, because of all the off days we've got in April, Perez will not be getting much of a break, if any, anytime soon.

Hootie 04-09-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9573739)
not just about Gordon, it's about EVERY dam opinion and move talked about

just 48 hours ago you(and others) were ragging people about how pulling your closer is ridiculous.

first thing out of your mouth was 'these are just football fans' ...

I still remember my dad taking me out the K 'standing room only' for the deciding game of the Royals/Yankees series in the playoffs, decades ago.

So GFY with this 'real fan' bullshit.

well...the closer shit is insane

you don't bench a closer after 1 blown save

Holland deserves at least 1 more rocky appearance before there is even any thought of that

Great Expectations 04-09-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9573730)
there are 25 #3 hitters in the Major League that would be great #1 hitters

Who are they?

Saul Good 04-09-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9573735)
and I'm not bashing Ned, or the Royals, or anyone on this board...

I'm just pointing out that we're batting a badass #3 hitter at leadoff when we have a few guys more than capable of being plus level leadoff men

doesn't make sense when Moose doesn't really belong at #4...and Billy could hold #4 and protect Gordon at the same time

You're obviously right if Gordon in the 3 hole is the same guy he has been at leadoff, but that doesn't seem to be the case with him.

siberian khatru 04-09-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9573727)
so Albert Pujols and Barry Bonds would have been the greatest leadoff men of all-time?

Hootie ... goddamn mother****.

Look, let me know when Gordon hits like Pujols or Bonds, OK?

Gordon is our best OBP. He hits better at No. 1 than No. 3. Hosmer SHOULD be a good No. 3 hitter -- power, avg., walks. You want to give MORE at-bats to .310-.325 OBP guys than you do the .370 guy who will be on base for the No. 3 and No. 4 hitters to drive in?

One other thing: This has been discussed at enormous length the last 2 years. You drop in on a game thread and act like you've just come up with this brilliant idea and am dumbfounded why nobody's jumping on board with you.

You are late to the party, dude.

Ceej 04-09-2013 09:37 PM

This thread quickly went learning disabled.

ChiTown 04-09-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9573744)
according to Yost, because of all the off days we've got in April, Perez will not be getting much of a break, if any, anytime soon.

Good. I dread seeing anyone but Salvy behind the plate.

Hootie 04-09-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9573749)
You're obviously right if Gordon in the 3 hole is the same guy he has been at leadoff, but that doesn't seem to be the case with him.

well then that is something I just don't understand

and that is something that worries me if we ever make a postseason...

because if you can rake like Gordon it shouldn't matter if you're hitting 1st or 3rd

if he used his same approach at #3 as he does at #1 he would absolutely rape as a 3 hitter and with this lineup he would drive in a shit ton of runs