ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals (New) 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275329)

Wilson8 09-15-2013 10:23 AM

Omaha will face Tampa Bay Ray’s Durham Bulls for AAA Championship.

Former Royal prospects Jake Odorizzi and Mike Montgomery are two of Durham’s starting pitchers.

Quote:

Omaha Storm Chasers Claim Second PCL Championship
Chasers will face Durham Bulls in Triple-A National Championship Tuesday
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - The Omaha Storm Chasers defeated the Salt Lake Bees 10-5 in Game 4 of the Pacific Coast League Championship, clinching a 3-1 series win and the second PCL Championship in franchise history. Omaha is the tenth team since 1963 to win two PCL Championships in the span of three seasons.

After suffering a shutout loss last night, the Storm Chasers responded with one of the best offensive outputs of not only the postseason but the entire season with ten runs and 19 hits. The Chasers used a three-run first inning to jump ahead and a six-run eighth inning that put the game out of reach, with the major blow coming on a bases loaded triple by Lane Adams in the eighth to stretch the lead to 8-2. The 19 hits were the second most by the Storm Chasers this season, and the Omaha offense had not scored ten runs since July 3 against New Orleans. Seven of the nine Omaha batters notched multi-hit games, after only six Chasers had multi-hit games in the first three games of the series combined.

Storm Chasers starter Brian Sanches finished off a remarkable season for Omaha by tossing five innings allowing just two runs to pick up his second win of the postseason, and team-leading 12th win overall including the regular season and postseason. Sanches allowed two earned runs or fewer in 13 of his 15 starts for the Storm Chasers this season, and in his final eight starts he allowed only seven earned runs in 45.2 innings (1.38 ERA).

With a 70-74 regular season record the Storm Chasers have the second fewest regular season wins of any PCL champion since 1963, when playoffs began consistently, and the champ with the fewest wins was the 1984 Edmonton Trappers with 69 wins when the PCL still used the half system for playoff qualifying. Omaha won six of seven games in the postseason, and eight of their final nine games overall to qualify for the postseason and claim the title.

The Storm Chasers will face the champion of the International League, the Durham Bulls, in the Triple-A National Championship on Tuesday night. First pitch is set for 6:00 p.m. CDT, and the game will be broadcast on the NBC Sports Network.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._t541&sid=t541
Quote:

Durham starters right-handers Jake Odorizzi, J.D. Martin, the International League Pitcher of the Year. Matt Buschmann, Merrill Kelly and Mike Montgomery are slated to fill out the rest of the Bulls' rotation.
http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...b&ymd=20130910

CaliforniaChief 09-15-2013 10:32 AM

Need to focus on Detroit obviously, but can you imagine a 1 game WC game where the Rays host the Royals? Wowzas.

ChiTown 09-15-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9975611)
If the Royals beat Scherzer today, I'll truly start to believe that supernatural forces are finally intervening on our behalf.

And IFFFFFFFF that happens, I'm calling it right now...a 6 game home sweep against the Indians/Rangers.

Scherzer is 5-0 in Day Games this year, but his ERA is almost a point higher in Day vs Night Games. He is also 0-2 thus far in September with a 4.91 ERA in his 2 starts. The key against Scherzer is to get him behind in the count. So, patience at the plate is paramount. This guy has been a beast 90% of the season. We need to be selective and make our base runners count. Gonna be tough, but this team seems up to the challenge.

Now, Guthrie is going to have to make this game seem like it's game 7 of the WS. Focus will be his key. His ERA is .5 better in Day Games vs Night, and .5 better away than home. He can't afford to give up more than 3 runs for the Royals to have a chance against Scherzer (who is giving up 1.9 ER's per game in his last 10 games). For ****s sake, Ned, go to the pen early if we need to. No need in resting arms that are some of the most rested and effective arms in baseball.

I'm babbling, GO ROYALS!

AustinChief 09-15-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9975612)
I just sent him a message, we'll see if he responds.

I was neither actually but I wasn't online until just now and it looks like I am too late. Owell, at least I'm off the hook! :D

CaliforniaChief 09-15-2013 10:41 AM

Yeah, Rany said it the other day, we're in our own playoffs now and must manage accordingly. Use the bullpen. Also, I agree on Scherzer but just fear that plate discipline isn't our strength. But with baby Jesus power and wind at our back, anything is possible.

Go Royals, Go Chiefs!

And BTW, I won my pre-season 77.5 win bet on the Royals last year. Woo-hoo!

Raiderhater 09-15-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9975711)
I was neither actually but I wasn't online until just now and it looks like I am too late. Owell, at least I'm off the hook! :D

Which is why I went the FB route, thought your phone might get your attention.

AustinChief 09-15-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9975726)
Which is why I went the FB route, thought your phone might get your attention.

yup. smart man.

Cephalic Trauma 09-15-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9975711)

If we lose, :mad:.

AustinChief 09-15-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9975742)
If we lose, :mad:.

Hey don't blame me, the two times I have made threads were both winners BUT they both came slightly AFTER the game started. So to keep the mojo working I'm not sure an EARLY thread would do any good.

Cephalic Trauma 09-15-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9975775)
Hey don't blame me, the two times I have made threads were both winners BUT they both came slightly AFTER the game started. So to keep the mojo working I'm not sure an EARLY thread would do any good.

Ooooh, now I get it.

Still, you'll be our scapegoat if we lose.:)

AustinChief 09-15-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9975982)
Ooooh, now I get it.

Still, you'll be our scapegoat if we lose.:)

Screw that I'm blaming Deberg if we lose! :D

SPchief 09-15-2013 03:23 PM

After calming down, (some with the help of the Chiefs win) I checked out the scores from the other contenders. We'll lose ground on Baltimore so far. But Yankees still have to play and it looks like Cleveland will have to make up their game in Chicago. The big news is that the Rays are getting ready to lose and Oakland is up in Texas. So right now the only thing that we're losing is a game to Baltimore. Today hurts, but it wasn't catastrophic.

ChiTown 09-15-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9980418)
After calming down, (some with the help of the Chiefs win) I checked out the scores from the other contenders. We'll lose ground on Baltimore so far. But Yankees still have to play and it looks like Cleveland will have to make up their game in Chicago. The big news is that the Rays are getting ready to lose and Oakland is up in Texas. So right now the only thing that we're losing is a game to Baltimore. Today hurts, but it wasn't catastrophic.

With 13 left to play and 3.5 back - we HAVE TO sweep CLE now and probably go a min of 8-2 in the final 10. That gets us to 89 wins - which I think get's a WC spot.

alnorth 09-15-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9980734)
With 13 left to play and 3.5 back - we HAVE TO sweep CLE now and probably go a min of 8-2 in the final 10. That gets us to 89 wins - which I think get's a WC spot.

yep, we've moved beyond just winning series. Even though we won't lose ground, we're running out of time. Now, we'll need to sweep some of these series. We can probably only afford 2 more losses, which is going to be awfully unlikely.

Chiefspants 09-15-2013 05:10 PM

Beating a dead horse, but if we want any hope in 2014 or beyond, Ned absolutely needs to be shown the door.