ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Miami's Martin leaves team after 'emotional breakdown' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278125)

chiefzilla1501 11-06-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10165315)
Yep. If the "right" race angle wasn't present (white on black) this would not be much of a story. It wouldn't be much of a story if the angle was black on white either.

This was a bug story well before it was clear incognito was the primary harasser

TEX 11-06-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10165317)
Because he didn't want to continue to put up with the bullshit?

Everyone has their breaking point. Martin's may be significantly lower than that of the average NFL player. Is he a pussy for it? Yeah, he probably is in the minds of many.

But the reality is, these guys doing the hazing have to recognize where "all in good fun" goes beyond fun. So Martin is a pussy that can't take a joke? Then back the **** off and leave him alone.

I agree with everything you're saying here.

Iowanian 11-06-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10165199)
So what we have here is a 6'5" 320 pound extremely athletic 24 year old man getting bullied? What am I missing?

He's a pussy.

Incognito is the prototype "big guy" asshole.

Perfect storm.

jspchief 11-06-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10165320)
True. I also feel Martin KNOWS that he can make a hell of a lot more $$$ when he sues the NFL / Dolphins over this, then he could playing football. He is a very smart individual. He's in over his head in every way in the NFL and he knows this. In a court of law, he's not.

We don't even know that legal action is being considered by Martin.

TEX 11-06-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10165336)
We don't even know that legal action is being considered by Martin.

We don't know there is life on other planets for sure yet either but...

chiefzilla1501 11-06-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10165220)
Martin didn't have to participate. Sounds like he chose to.

Incognito is a toxic person and should be released. That doesn't explain why Martin had to be a pansy about it or why this is a story.

You are clueless if you think Martin ever had a choice. As if there would be no backlash for choosing not to participate.

TEX 11-06-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10165344)
You are clueless if you think Martin ever had a choice. As if there would be no backlash for choosing not to participate.

Not clueless at all. He most certainly did have a choice. There are consequences for most choices in life. Backlash or not, he had a choice. He made one didn't he? Any backlashes because of it?? Yep. You're the one whose clueless if you think he didn't.

patteeu 11-06-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10165310)
Just read that.

Apparently Martin wasn't fully accepted because his parents are lawyers and he went to Stanford.

This is apparently worse than we thought. This isn't about racism. This isn't about homosexuality. Jonathan Martin may be a well-spoken black man who votes Republican and invests his money wisely. I don't have any evidence of this, it's just a theory, so don't jump on me for "blaming the victim".

chiefzilla1501 11-06-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10165276)
That's what I am saying.

Incognito is just one of those people you fire because he's toxic. That doesn't make this a story.

Honestly, if the N-word hadn't appeared in those voicemails, this would have been a minor story, if a story at all.

This was a story before the n word was ever used or before anyone knew it was incognito. The idea that this story was built on race is silly.

I don't really care about martin. I enjoy this story because it is fun reading about incognito. One of those stories where each revelation is more train wreckier than the last.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 11-06-2013 12:03 PM

When you fight the monster, you become the monster. Who wants to pick up sociopath tendencies? When you're pushed to the limit? You use what you have seen worked before. No matter how awful.

TEX 11-06-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 10165335)
He's a pussy.

Incognito is the prototype "big guy" asshole.

Perfect storm.

Yep. Add to it that Incognito is white, Martin is half black and you have the perfect narrative to feed the perfect storm. This will be historic before all is said and done.

TEX 11-06-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10165367)
This was a story before the n word was ever used or before anyone knew it was incognito. The idea that this story was built on race is silly.

I don't really care about martin. I enjoy this story because it is fun reading about incognito. One of those stories where each revelation is more train wreckier than the last.

It will reach new heights because race is involved. To think otherwise is silly.

chiefzilla1501 11-06-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10165354)
Not clueless at all. He most certainly did have a choice. There are consequences for most choices in life. Backlash or not, he had a choice. He made one didn't he? Any backlashes because of it?? Yep. You're the one whose clueless if you think he didn't.

You are clueless to the environment of hazing and whistle blowing. When the choice is to play along, or ruin everything for yourself, that is barely a choice.

jspchief 11-06-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10165373)
It will reach new heights because race is involved. To think otherwise is silly.

If you say so.

nychief 11-06-2013 12:09 PM

I love all the fat old white high school heroes calling Jonathan Martin a pussy. Yep, huge puss... "what's that honey? Apple picking this weekend? Yeah, sure. love to."