ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ****Official 2014 STL Cardinals thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278302)

BigRedChief 04-28-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10589787)
If we are keeping those outfielders down in AAA because they need to play everyday to get better...then WTF are they doing with Wong? Either let him play or send him down to AAA and get it right. If he doesn't get it right, keep him down there.

Seems like Matheny and Mo were listening to me.:)

BigRedChief 04-28-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 10590139)
Garcia and Grichuk up, Wong and Robinson down.

Good. Robinson doesn't bring a thing to the team. Starting Grichuk's year 1 of 6 control is worth it, IMHO. How many times has Robinson came up in the late innings with a chance to get RBI's in a close game? His arm is not much better than Jays.

O.city 04-28-2014 08:31 PM

Looks like we are again going to have to trade something to get bullpen help unless motte returns to some kind of form.

Axford, mujica, someone should have been kept.

O.city 04-28-2014 08:32 PM

And this whole Wong fiasco is just dumb a hell. You want to get the guy ab s, let him play.

Jewish Rabbi 04-28-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10591822)
And this whole Wong fiasco is just dumb a hell. You want to get the guy ab s, let him play.

He got sent down. And Mujica?! Lawls.

O.city 04-28-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 10591831)
He got sent down. And Mujica?! Lawls.

Mujica as a closer, bad.

Mujica as a 7nth inning/4th reliever, good.

Marcellus 04-28-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10591818)
Looks like we are again going to have to trade something to get bullpen help unless motte returns to some kind of form.

Axford, mujica, someone should have been kept.

This isn't the bullpen's fault right now. Wacha needs to learn to keep his shit together.

LOL at Ellis swinging at a ball 36" from his bat.

O.city 04-28-2014 08:36 PM

We kept man ass (aa stuff who relys on luck and gypsies for outs) and some other trash asses out there who we won't even let throw.

And in regards to Wong, what is Ellis currently doing that Wong couldn't?

O.city 04-28-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10591838)
This isn't the bullpen's fault right now. Wacha needs to learn to keep his shit together.

LOL at Ellis swinging at a ball 36" from his bat.

It's our bullpens fault because we have 3 maybe 4 guys out there that our manager trusts, hence we run starting pitching into the ground when it's obvious two batters before that he's out of gas.

So round about, it's our managers fault

Jewish Rabbi 04-28-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10591843)
We kept man ass (aa stuff who relys on luck and gypsies for outs) and some other trash asses out there who we won't even let throw.

Hit the ball out of the infield?

O.city 04-28-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 10591851)
Hit the ball out of the infield?

Then slowly get picked off first?

Marcellus 04-28-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10591843)

I think Wong was sent down because they identified a pattern with his swing they think he needs to fix while not giving up an out every at bat.

Ellis is a known commodity so he gets the benefit of the doubt. That being said I think Wong is getting jerked around a little bit but I like the idea of pulling up Garcia and whateverthe**** his name is when Wong and Robinson have struggles.

Tells players if they produce they get called up. Its worked in the past.

O.city 04-28-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10591862)
I think Wong was sent down because they identified a pattern with his swing they think he needs to fix while not giving up an out every at bat.

Ellis is a known commodity so he gets the benefit of the doubt. That being said I think Wong is getting jerked around a little bit but I like the idea of pulling up Garcia and whateverthe**** his name is when Wong and Robinson have struggles.

Tells players if they produce they get called up. Its worked in the past.

This is the same organization that trotted Pete kozma out there damn near every day.

Some times it's head scratching.

O.city 04-28-2014 08:49 PM

That's why jay in the 2 hole after carp is a bit unorthodox.

I know he hasn't hit yet, but just put Bourjos in CF and let him play.

Marcellus 04-28-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10591870)
This is the same organization that trotted Pete kozma out there damn near every day.

Some times it's head scratching.

The problem there was there really was no other option because they hosed that up.

That being said not many teams have SS depth. Its a weird situation these days. I almost think elite prospect type players dont want to play SS anymore because of the defensive work involved.