ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

DaneMcCloud 02-04-2010 03:00 PM

Anyone notice the two children, Jack & Emma, in the Temple? And there were children in the Temple garden.

Children? On the island?

Very interesting.

Buck 02-04-2010 03:26 PM

Hmmm, do you think it might have been MIB that kept anyone from having Kids on the island. He obviously doesn't like people there.

KingPriest2 02-04-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6505689)
Anyone notice the two children, Jack & Emma, in the Temple? And there were children in the Temple garden.

Children? On the island?

Very interesting.

dude pay attention they were kidnapped from the tailes! Ge'ez how hard is it to remember things from this show! It's not like there is alot to know

mikeyis4dcats. 02-04-2010 03:41 PM

I'm worried...my first kid is due to be born the day after the Lost finale. Hope he doesn't come a day early!

tymania 02-04-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6505817)
I'm worried...my first kid is due to be born the day after the Lost finale. Hope he doesn't come a day early!

times when DVR is a god send

Red Brooklyn 02-04-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6505817)

Congrats! And tell that kid to stay put!!:)

Speaking of... has anyone heard a reason given why the show will end on a Sunday instead of it's regular Tuesday timeslot?

Huffmeister 02-04-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6505390)
They aren't really new others. They're part of the same group of others (richard, ben, etc) that have been around since the show started.

I agree, these are the same group of Others that we've seen before, but with a new leader. Keep in mind that what we just saw were the Other three years after Ben turned the wheel to move the island.

Ben is told to move the island.
Ben tells the Others to go to the temple. (I distinctly remember that)
Ben turns the wheel, the island moves, and he is teleported to Tunisia.
The Others in the temple are safe from the time slippage.
Since their leader is gone, they appoint a new leader in whatever way the Others appoint new leaders.

Three years pass, during which the Others just stay at the temple. Otherton is abandoned.

The Ajira flight crashes on the island with Ben, Sun, Frank, and Locke's corpse.
Everyone else eventually shows up.

PhillyChiefFan 02-04-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6504912)
yeah but to have some kind of new plot twist like this in the final season when major questions over the 6 years its been on are still not answered?

agreed, if they are going to start answering questions, I hope they don't confuse the shit out of everyone and then try to wrap it all up in the last episode.

Chiefnj2 02-04-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankerskull (Post 6505928)
Since their leader is gone, they appoint a new leader in whatever way the Others appoint new leaders.

And decide to go green, granola and hippy.

Huffmeister 02-04-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6505970)
And decide to go green, granola and hippy.

They weren't before? I didn't see them looking/acting/behaving any different than the first few times we saw the Others on the island. I have no reason to believe that they're a different group, other than the fact that they're at a different location.

I think the fact that the stewardess (which we know from previous seasons is now an Other) is there with the kids is evidence that it is the same group of Others.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-04-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6505900)
Congrats! And tell that kid to stay put!!:)

Speaking of... has anyone heard a reason given why the show will end on a Sunday instead of it's regular Tuesday timeslot?

more of a "special event" and higher ad rates

mikeyis4dcats. 02-04-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6505833)
times when DVR is a god send

yeah, we have Tivo, but I'm guessing I won't really be able to watch tv uninterrupted for a week or two.

cookster50 02-04-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6506191)
yeah, we have Tivo, but I'm guessing I won't really be able to watch tv uninterrupted for a week or two.

Dude, try F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!

Mr. Plow 02-04-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6506191)

It'll be easier to get things like tv watching done when the baby is first born. All they do is eat, sleep, poop, sleep, poop, eat & poop, sleep, and poop again. It's not until they get older that you have to start watching tv after everyone is fast asleep.

The Rick 02-04-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6506316)
It'll be easier to get things like tv watching done when the baby is first born. All they do is eat, sleep, poop, sleep, poop, eat & poop, sleep, and poop again. It's not until they get older that you have to start watching tv after everyone is fast asleep.

HA! That's exactly where we are now. My kids are 6, 2, and 1. TV time doesn't START until 9:00!

Buck 02-06-2010 10:36 AM

LooK at the date next to the signature does it say 07? You spoiler folk don't answer please.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...r/70112c08.jpg

Frazod 02-06-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6509763)
LooK at the date next to the signature does it say 07? You spoiler folk don't answer please.

Looks like "2/14/04" to me.

Buck 02-06-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6509787)
Looks like "2/14/04" to me.

2 things the original flight was 9/22/04.

The 4 in the 14 doesn't look anything like the 7 (or the 2nd 4).

Red Brooklyn 02-06-2010 11:57 AM

honestly... what I see is : 0/09/04. Which doesn't make sense. I'm guessing though that the date is written in the European way dd/mm/yy. As opposed to the way we do it here mm/dd/yy.

ultimately, I'm sure it doesn't really matter. there are all kinds of weird prop errors in the show. It's probably hard to read by design.

Buck 02-06-2010 12:33 PM

Also this is an Iranian pasport, not an Iraqi one.

patteeu 02-09-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6501074)
Can I make a request that no spoiler info from any future episodes makes its way into this thread, spoiler tags or not?

I thought you were using the spoiler tag for the benefit of people who didnt watch tonights episode yet.

I dont think spoilers for future episodes have any place in this thread.

This thread is filled with speculation about future episodes, some of it better quality than others. There aren't any true spoilers out there that don't make it into this speculative grist mill in one form or another.

patteeu 02-09-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6505313)
I also don't really like the new "others" in the temple. C'mon how many groups of people are we going to discover on the island? These new others are some great keepers of island knowledge - the bath, Jacob, etc., but they didn't notice the flash when the bomb went off, or know that Jack, et al blew the island up years before?

The bomb didn't go off in this timeline. In the alt timeline where the bomb went off, the island is submerged.

irishjayhawk 02-09-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6518967)
The bomb didn't go off in this timeline. In the alt timeline where the bomb went off, the island is submerged.

Correct. Also, the temple was referenced numerous times in previous seasons.

Rausch 02-10-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6518967)

There is no "ALT" timeline.

There is only 1 timeline and how it's "perceived."

007 02-10-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 6521088)

In a TV Guide article with the writers they confirmed two timelines.

irishjayhawk 02-10-2010 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 6521088)

Sliding Doors is how they've described it. Personally, I think it's what's happening in the future once they do something on the Island.

Mac on LOST? World esploded.

Also, Claire with rifle and ruffled look on the Island?

BigRedChief 02-10-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6521300)
Sliding Doors is how they've described it. Personally, I think it's what's happening in the future once they do something on the Island.

Also, Claire with rifle and ruffled look on the Island?

We still don't know how the numbers fit into the plot line for all these years. And wheres Walt? I thought he was key to the island?

tymania 02-10-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6521344)
We still don't know how the numbers fit into the plot line for all these years. And wheres Walt? I thought he was key to the island?

I don’t think the numbers have any relevance anymore.. I think there were numbers made up by the Dharma, to keep the magnetic field under control.. at that’s it.. the whole Hurley and the numbers and them being cursed and yada yada just made for another “ERRRR” moment in LOST..

Miles 02-10-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6521300)

He should have used some of his karate moves.

The Rick 02-10-2010 09:16 AM

Loved how Ethan (that was his name, right?) ended up being Claire's doctor in the hospital in the alternate timeline. He was an "Other", so that just opened up a whole other can of worms...

Also, with Claire blurting out the name "Aaron" for the baby, it's clear now that in the alternate timeline, they are sort of having "deja vu" type moments.

KingPriest2 02-10-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521479)
I don’t think the numbers have any relevance anymore.. I think there were numbers made up by the Dharma, to keep the magnetic field under control.. at that’s it.. the whole Hurley and the numbers and them being cursed and yada yada just made for another “ERRRR” moment in LOST..

Wrong The numbers are important DAmon and Carlton stated this. How many people did Jacob visit? 6 how many numbers are there? 6 Count on it he numbers are re;ated to them some how

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan 02-10-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 6521529)
Wrong The numbers are important DAmon and Carlton stated this. How many people did Jacob visit? 6 how many numbers are there? 6 Count on it he numbers are re;ated to them some how

Yea they also said the numbers would come back into play this season.

tymania 02-10-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan (Post 6521581)
Yea they also said the numbers would come back into play this season.

Quote:

okay well that will be interesting to see how that all ties in then..

tymania 02-10-2010 09:37 AM

i wonder what the so called infection is, that Claire and Sayid have?!?

Also, what do you think they were hiding from Kate and Jin when they started to talk about russo(the french woman) ?

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 09:39 AM

Did Kate effectively "choose" Sawyer over Jack last night by leaving the temple?

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521598)
i wonder what the so called infection is, that Claire and Sayid have?!?

Also, what do you think they were hiding from Kate and Jin when they started to talk about russo(the french woman) ?

My impression was that they were hiding... well... Claire. Basically, Kate and Jin think it's the Danielle's trap. The one Other says, "can't be, she's been gone for years. It must be -" then Mac says "shut up!" (obviously, I'm super-paraphrasing). But, I think he was going to say that it can't be Danielle's trap it must be the other girl, it must be Claire's trap. I don't think they're hiding any info or whatever about Danielle. I think the writer's just wanted to keep Claire's presence/role a secret until the end of the episode.

Which is interesting. Because Claire is sort of the new Danielle. I wonder if she (Claire) also thinks The Others have stolen her baby... :hmmm:

The infection seems to be the same thing that got Danielle's team. We know Smokey pulled them into the Temple wall, and they came out infected. So... perhaps the infection is connected to Smokey?

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6521603)
Did Kate effectively "choose" Sawyer over Jack last night by leaving the temple?

I don't know if she effectively chose him just by leaving the Temple. I believe she really does want to find Claire, and she wants Sawyer's help. However, her reaction to Sawyer & the shoe box as well as her behavior on the pier leads me to believe that she had chosen Sawyer.

What do you wanna bet she ends up w/ Jack in one timeline and Sawyer in the othe? :)

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6521634)
I don't know if she effectively chose him just by leaving the Temple. I believe she really does want to find Claire, and she wants Sawyer's help. However, her reaction to Sawyer & the shoe box as well as her behavior on the pier leads me to believe that she had chosen Sawyer.

What do you wanna bet she ends up w/ Jack in one timeline and Sawyer in the othe? :)

I just assumed that she choose Sawyer when she said she was not going back to the temple - but who knows. I bet you are right though, she'll more than likely end up with one in each timeline.

I think when she saw Sawyer and the shoe box, she finally realized that he did really love Juliet.

tymania 02-10-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6521622)
My impression was that they were hiding... well... Claire. Basically, Kate and Jin think it's the Danielle's trap. The one Other says, "can't be, she's been gone for years. It must be -" then Mac says "shut up!" (obviously, I'm super-paraphrasing). But, I think he was going to say that it can't be Danielle's trap it must be the other girl, it must be Claire's trap. I don't think they're hiding any info or whatever about Danielle. I think the writer's just wanted to keep Claire's presence/role a secret until the end of the episode.

Which is interesting. Because Claire is sort of the new Danielle. I wonder if she (Claire) also thinks The Others have stolen her baby... :hmmm:

The infection seems to be the same thing that got Danielle's team. We know Smokey pulled them into the Temple wall, and they came out infected. So... perhaps the infection is connected to Smokey?

I did think the Parallels between Danielle and Claire were interesting... I was like ERRR Claire is a marksman.

Maybe the infection is connected to Smokey.. but when did Sayid come in contact with it? At first I thought there were testing him to see if the Man in Black or some other evil had taken over his body..
And the infection hadn’t killed Claire yet?! I know we don’t know the time line with that but from what I remember Danielle’s Team all ended up dying within two weeks or something like that

Brock 02-10-2010 10:07 AM

So Claire has basically become Rousseau.

tymania 02-10-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6521668)
I just assumed that she choose Sawyer when she said she was not going back to the temple - but who knows. I bet you are right though, she'll more than likely end up with one in each timeline.

I think when she saw Sawyer and the shoe box, she finally realized that he did really love Juliet.

she will go back to Jack and then back to Sawyer a few more times before its all said and done.

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521675)
I did think the Parallels between Danielle and Claire were interesting... I was like ERRR Claire is a marksman.

Maybe the infection is connected to Smokey.. but when did Sayid come in contact with it? At first I thought there were testing him to see if the Man in Black or some other evil had taken over his body..
And the infection hadn’t killed Claire yet?! I know we don’t know the time line with that but from what I remember Danielle’s Team all ended up dying within two weeks or something like that

Didn't Russo kill all of them?

tymania 02-10-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521675)

Maybe the infection is connected to Smokey.. but when did Sayid come in contact with it? At first I thought there were testing him to see if Tony Orlando and Dawn in Black or some other evil had taken over his body..

i dont know whats going on but that whole Tony Orlando part i didnt type.. its like it is replacing my posts with text from some one else posting at the same time.... WEIRD

tymania 02-10-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6521690)
Didn't Russo kill all of them?

yes bc they were infected.. how she could tell they were infected i dont know

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521722)
yes bc they were infected.. how she could tell they were infected i dont know

I was saying that the infection doesn't "kill" them, but changes them. So the infection wouldn't have killed Claire.

tymania 02-10-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6521731)
I was saying that the infection doesn't "kill" them, but changes them. So the infection wouldn't have killed Claire.

got ya.. Do you think that Poison pill that Dogen wanted to give Sayid would have killed him? or was it a remedy?

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521759)
got ya.. Do you think that Poison pill that Dogen wanted to give Sayid would have killed him? or was it a remedy?

I'd lean toward killing him after seeing how he reacted when Jack took it, but who knows. Every time I start thinking I've got something figured out, it's actually the complete opposite of what I thought.

In this example, I say the pill would kill him. It will more than likely turn out that the pill will save Sayid, but would have killed Jack.

tymania 02-10-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6521789)

In this example, I say the pill would kill him. It will more than likely turn out that the pill will save Sayid, but would have killed Jack.

Thats what i was kinda thinking.. but like you said who knows, once you think you have something figured out it ends up being the exact opposite..

How many episodes is the final season? 16?

tymania 02-10-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521759)
got ya.. Do you think that Poison pill that TIM-MAY!en wanted to give Sayid would have killed him? or was it a remedy?

Dude this is starting to piss me off... I did not type "TIM-MAY!" i typed in "Dogen"... WTF is goin on!?!

Once again it happened and i cannot edit it.. WTF!!!

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521821)
Dude this is starting to piss me off... I did not type "TIM-MAY!" i typed in "Dogen"... WTF is goin on!?!

Once again it happened and i cannot edit it.. WTF!!!

LMAO

I'm not sure what's going on - but you can see in my quote of your post that it was correct the first time and changed sometime after.

tymania 02-10-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6521856)
LMAO

I'm not sure what's going on - but you can see in my quote of your post that it was correct the first time and changed sometime after.

everytime i use a certain name like D O G E N.. it does it.. watch.. DOGEN

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521867)
everytime i use a certain name like D O G E N.. it does it.. watch.. DOGEN

It didn't that time. That would be a word filter they have set up here, but it is changing it after the fact.....or maybe it's because you aren't using the "Full Featured (Unfiltered) mode".

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521867)
everytime i use a certain name like D O G E N.. it does it.. watch.. TIM-MAY!EN

I noticed it yesterday. Anytime I typed in P E Y T O N M A N N I N G it replaced it with Tony Orlando and Dawn.... I don't know man... but it's weird. And a little annoying. And probably not as funny as something thinks it is.:p

tymania 02-10-2010 11:15 AM

i dont know.. it never use to do this.. whatev not that big of a deal i guess

tymania 02-10-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6521921)
I noticed it yesterday. Anytime I typed in P E Y T O N M A N N I N G it replaced it with Tony Orlando and Dawn.... I don't know man... but it's weird. And a little annoying. And probably not as funny as something thinks it is.:p

It has to be some sort of glitch on CP.. but it does get a little annoying..

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 11:22 AM

also... I'm so curious about this infection. I feel like the infection takes over dead bodies, not living ones. For example... Sayid can't be "claimed" as he's dying. Once he's dead though his body is up for grabs. Something/one "claims" him and brings him (seemingly) back to life.

If that's true, we can conclude that Claire must have died in New Otherton when her house blew up and she was "claimed" back and brought back to life. Probably by Christian/Smokey (???)

If that's true, it begs the question whether or not both the light and dark sides can "claim" people. And it helps explain why Amy was so insistant that they bury her husbands body back in S5. Did she know what happens to dead bodies that go unburied? I don't know... could be...

tymania 02-10-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6521954)
also... I'm so curious about this infection. I feel like the infection takes over dead bodies, not living ones. For example... Sayid can't be "claimed" as he's dying. Once he's dead though his body is up for grabs. Something/one "claims" him and brings him (seemingly) back to life.

If that's true, we can conclude that Claire must have died in New Otherton when her house blew up and she was "claimed" back and brought back to life. Probably by Christian/Smokey (???)

If that's true, it begs the question whether or not both the light and dark sides can "claim" people. And it helps explain why Amy was so insistant that they bury her husbands body back in S5. Did she know what happens to dead bodies that go unburied? I don't know... could be...

Claire's house blew up???

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521991)
Claire's house blew up???

The house she's living in at the barracks w/ Locke & Co. When Keamy and the mercenaries on the freighter attack the island to try and take Ben Linus captive, they attack the barracks. A grenade or something blows up the house Claire is in. Sawyer digs through the rubble and takes her back to the house Ben and Locke and Miles are in.

tymania 02-10-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6522022)
The house she's living in at the barracks w/ Locke & Co. When Keamy and the mercenaries on the freighter attack the island to try and take Ben Linus captive, they attack the barracks. A grenade or something blows up the house Claire is in. Sawyer digs through the rubble and takes her back to the house Ben and Locke and Miles are in.

aaahhhh i completely forgot about that

tymania 02-10-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6522022)

remember when Locke saw her in Jacob's cabin when he was talkin to Christian.. do you think that was really her?

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6522055)
remember when Locke saw her in Jacob's cabin when he was talkin to Christian.. do you think that was really her?

That is one of my biggest Claire questions. At this point, I do think it was really her. Especially after last night's episode. I think the "darkness" "claimed" her and used Smokey/Christian as a means to lure her... but, for what... I don't know.

I really want to know what happened to Claire between seeing her in the cabin and seeing her all Rousseau/Rambo in the jungle.

I'm also curious if one can be "un-claimed" without being killed.... ???

arrowheadnation 02-10-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

This is correct. It's my belief that the numbers correspond to a person on an alphabetical list. (15 and 16 would be Jin and Sun...same last name)

4. Kate Austin
8. Sayid Jerrah
15. Jin Kwon
16. Sun Kwon
23. Jugo Reyes
42. Jack Shepard

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarowheadnation (Post 6522088)
This is correct. It's my belief that each of the people that Jacob visited were perhaps part of an alphabetical list and that the numbers correspond to each persons position on the list. (15 and 16 would be Jin and Sun...same last name)

4. Kate Austin
8. Sayid Jerrah
15. Jin Kwon
16. Sun Kwon
23. Jugo Reyes
42. Jack Shepard

:hmmm:

That's kinda cool... I would have never really thought of it in those terms before. I like that.

Did any of you inquiring about the numbers participate in the first "LOST Experience"? It was during the hiatus between S2 and S3 (IIRC). If you haven't seen what was learned from it, you might want to check it out. There was a lot of information given about the numbers.

Of course, it wasn't presented "in-show", so many don't consider it cannon... but, still it's interesting. I tried to avoid reading it for a long time because I didn't want to spoil any answers that might be given on the show. But I caved... so... read at your own risk.

tymania 02-10-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6522100)
:hmmm:

That's kinda cool... I would have never really thought of it in those terms before. I like that.

Did any of you inquiring about the numbers participate in the first "LOST Experience"? It was during the hiatus between S2 and S3 (IIRC). If you haven't seen what was learned from it, you might want to check it out. There was a lot of information given about the numbers.

Of course, it wasn't presented "in-show", so many don't consider it cannon... but, still it's interesting. I tried to avoid reading it for a long time because I didn't want to spoil any answers that might be given on the show. But I caved... so... read at your own risk.

what is the LOST experience?

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarowheadnation (Post 6522088)
This is correct. It's my belief that each of the people that Jacob visited were perhaps part of an alphabetical list and that the numbers correspond to each persons position on the list. (15 and 16 would be Jin and Sun...same last name)

4. Kate Austin
8. Sayid Jerrah
15. Jin Kwon
16. Sun Kwon
23. Jugo Reyes
42. Jack Shepard

Didn't Jacob visit Sawyer as well? I think as a young boy....shortly after his parents died.

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6522113)

This.

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6522142)
This.

http://www.thelostexperience.com/

arrowheadnation 02-10-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6522141)
Didn't Jacob visit Sawyer as well? I think as a young boy....shortly after his parents died.

I need to clarify... I meant to say the all the people on the plane or perhaps a totally separate list altogether. Like a list of the descendants of Jacob. Anywho...I'm fairly sure that 15 and 16 pertain to Jin and Sun (or possibly Rose and Bernard...but I'd bet my left nut it's Jin and Sun). The other names I just threw in there as place holders.

tymania 02-10-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6522142)
This.

ROFL never heard of it

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6522212)
ROFL never heard of it

Neither had I. I'm looking through the site now over lunch.

tymania 02-10-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6522220)
Neither had I. I'm looking through the site now over lunch.

me too.. seems decent enough. Lots of good food for thought

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

During the hiatus between S2 and S3 the producers and ABC launched a sort of viral mini online game called The LOST Experience. Check out the link Mr. Plow posted. Or check out wikipedia or lostpedia for more info.

It was just a game, for fun, to kill time during the off season. They have tried other such games between the various seasons. Some people don't consider the info in them to be "cannon" or "official" because they aren't a part of the show proper.

Damon and Carlton have said that The LOST Experience was a way to get hardcore fans info that may not fit into the final story arch.

CARLTON CUSE: "We sort of felt like the [LOST] Experience was a way for us to get out mythologies that we would never get to in the show. I mean, because this is mythology that doesn’t have an effect on the character’s lives or existence on the island. We created it for purposes of understanding the world of the show but it was something that was always going to be sort of below the water, sort of the iceberg metaphor, and the [LOST] Experience sort of gave us a chance to reveal it."

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Experience

So, I'd say it's pretty "official" information (which is why I caution that it maybe considered "spoiler" info). However, I for one, really hope some of what we learned in the LE makes it into the show proper before all is said and done.

SAUTO 02-10-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6522141)

wasnt it right at the funeral

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 6522292)
wasnt it right at the funeral

Yep. Visited him at the funeral, and gave him the pen so he could finish writing his letter.

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6509763)

Hey Buck...

Noticed something in last nights episode that might tie into this.... I'm having a hard time posting pics, but if you follow the link:

http://www.jeff-fischer.net/?p=3173&page=2

You'll see a picture of Claire's sonogram from last nights episode. Look at the date in the upper right hand corner.... a prop mishap? Or confirmation on when the Sideways Timeline is taking place??

tymania 02-10-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6522449)
Hey Buck...

Noticed something in last nights episode that might tie into this.... I'm having a hard time posting pics, but if you follow the link:

You'll see a picture of Claire's sonogram from last nights episode. Look at the date in the upper right hand corner.... a prop mishap? Or confirmation on when the Sideways Timeline is taking place??

that is very interesting.. if i had to guess its a prop mishap.. but if it isnt that would mean flight 815 in the flash sideways, happened a month later than flight 815 that crashed on the island.. :hmmm:

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Hey Buck...

http://www.jeff-fischer.net/images/i...ram_resize.jpg

Mr. Plow 02-10-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Found this little piece of info clear at the bottom of the 3rd page....

Quote:

Dogen is seen spinning a baseball on his desk. A baseball has 108 double stiches. [Lostpedia] (4 8 15 16 23 42 = 108)

tymania 02-10-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6522579)

HA the D O G E N thing happened to you too.. and that baseball stiches thing is kinda crazy..

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2010 04:11 PM

Thanks for posting that pic, Mr. Plow. I don't know why I have such trouble doing that...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6522579)

I thought that was also really interesting. And here's a little something else from lostpedia on the subject:

"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: TIM-MAY!en has a baseball placed on his desk. In the TV series DS9, Benjamin Sisko, the commander of the station, used to have a baseball prominently placed on his desk throughout the entire run of the show. In the pilot episode, he used the baseball as a metaphor to explain the nature of linear time to the inhabitants of the wormhole, who experienced time all at once. (TV) "