ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

DeezNutz 01-03-2013 01:14 PM

This feels like the first time I tasted 80 Acre Hoppy Wheat.

Raiderhater 01-03-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9274531)
He's not going to be here at all.

He was brought along to see if the new coach would mesh with him. Clark wanted to see if it fit before just hiring someone and see if it fit later on. He wants 2013 to begin immediately.

It was the smart thing to do. Pioli had to discuss the entire roster with Reid.

He's basically made it as uncomfortable on Pioli as he could.

Which once you get over the initial disbelief and anger of him not being fired on the spot is actually better than the immediate firing. In a vindictive scorned lover sort of way.

DJ's left nut 01-03-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9274557)

I LOVE that stuff.

Totally under the radar great beer right there.

UPYRS 01-03-2013 01:15 PM

Looking forward to the Chiefs becoming relevant again.

ThaVirus 01-03-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9274454)
Beaker!

We've got a Beaker here!

The only real concern with Maclin is his health. The kid just can't seem to stay healthy. If I'm a lot of teams, I'd give up a 2nd for him but frankly we need that pick, especially being that high.

I'd give up the Chiefs 3rd in a heartbeat and then have a nice little Tigergasm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9274510)
People forget that Maclin left school as a RS Sophomore.

He's been in the league for 4 years and is still only 24 years old. If you make a move for Maclin and re-sign Bowe, you have your WR corps locked down for the next 3-5 years and you have a pretty damn good one at that.

I don't think you can get Maclin for a 3rd, though.

Yeah, I definitely wasn't aware he was still that young; I figured he had to be at least 26 by now.

I could give up a 3rd for him, although I think the second pick of the 2nd round is a bit too steep..

lcarus 01-03-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9274536)
Any news on when something will be officially announced one way or another?

Someone said there could be something announced as early as tonight. Who knows though. I'd imagine within the next 24 hours we'll know one way or the other.

SPATCH 01-03-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn (Post 9274491)
Burnt out guy who hasn't done anything since 2009 rides into town with his other recently fired compadres? I got torched for suggesting that a few doxen pages ago.

Heckert - Fired
Shurmur - Fired
Chilly - Fired

I wouldn't count Castillo because it was a dumb move to try and switch him from O-Line to Defensive Coordinator, but still, Fired.

we are not getting this staff at the peak of their careers it would seem.

Sounds kinda cool to me.

Buncha bros hard on their luck.. one of them suggests they get the band back together.. bros come back together kinda pissed off but feeling all rejuvenated and shit.. bros make a sort of angry but completely inspired album that kicks ass

Molitoth 01-03-2013 01:16 PM

A Coaching staff works when there is Chemistry.

If Reid gets to hire the people he wants and knows he can work well with, then I think it is a very good thing.

We've seen what happens whn the Chemistry gets broken up and sent off in opposite directions with the Belechick tree.

Brooklyn 01-03-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9274519)
Giants fans said that about TC. You never know what a change of scenery will do. He was there a long time. Odds were that he or the roster would burn out. Not to mention they tried building a super team and it failed. As for Childress, not sure how his issue as HC in MIN affects his ability as an OC/QB coach.

I wouldn't be as sour on the move if Reid had some time to breathe. Change of scenery is great and all, but he has had virtually no time to reflect on what went wrong in Philly, or just get mentally well from all his personal BS going on. I don't think that take on Coughlin and his coaching staff is accurate. There was turnover before they won anything - in fact, it was Eagles DC Steve Spagnoulo that got them over the top.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9274530)
No more then I would be if Phil Jackson brought all this buddies and cronies into a basketball organization I was a fan of.

Phil Jackson has 11 rings. Reid has zero. I wouldn't even let someone get away with comparing Hoodie to PJ. A better comparison for Reid is Mike D'Antoni.

Frosty 01-03-2013 01:18 PM

How else are ass't coaches going to be available if they haven't been let go from somewhere else? I guess you could pull everyone from the college ranks... :shrug:

lcarus 01-03-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9274566)
I LOVE that stuff.

Can i get it in Tulsa?

DeezNutz 01-03-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9274566)
I LOVE that stuff.

Hell yes it is. Perfect combo of my two favorite styles of beer.

Mike_Livingston 01-03-2013 01:18 PM

I read but dont post. I like reading everyone's opinions/thoughts. With that said, I do think every Chief's fan should state whether they like Reid or not, to (hopefully) not have anyone 18 months from now flip flop- depending on how he is doing.

I am in favor of Andy Reid. He is a great football guy. Ignoring his first year in Philly, he then was double digit wins for 8 out of 11 seasons. All total, he was below .500 3 times. His first year, his last year and one year in the middle when Mike McMahon started 7 games at QB. So put me down in favor.

BUT..we all need to understand what we're getting. He is very very protective of his players. And after a loss when a QB throws a pick to end it or a WR runs a wrong route..you're not getting explanations. His answer will be..."It starts with me, I'm the head coach and I gotta do a better job." We cant get frustrated when we hear that type of answer.

luv 01-03-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9274578)
Someone said there could be something announced as early as tonight. Who knows though. I'd imagine within the next 24 hours we'll know one way or the other.

But I don't wanna wait that long! [/whine]

Bowser 01-03-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9274557)

Just go friend Reaper on Facebook already.

SAUTO 01-03-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_Livingston (Post 9274591)
I read but dont post. I like reading everyone's opinions/thoughts. With that said, I do think every Chief's fan should state whether they like Reid or not, to (hopefully) not have anyone 18 months from now flip flop- depending on how he is doing.

I am in favor of Andy Reid. He is a great football guy. Ignoring his first year in Philly, he then was double digit wins for 8 out of 11 seasons. All total, he was below .500 3 times. His first year, his last year and one year in the middle when Mike McMahon started 7 games. So put me down in favor.

BUT..we all need to understand what we're getting. He is very very protective of his players. And after a loss when a QB throws a pick to end it or a WR runs a wrong route..you're not getting explanations. His answer will be..."It starts with me, I'm the head coach and I gotta do a better job." We cant get frustrated when we hear that type of answer.

i would love that type of answer.

its time for SOMEONE to take some ****ing responsibility around here

Direckshun 01-03-2013 01:20 PM

Can somebody tell me where we are?

I'm lazy.

lcarus 01-03-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9274592)
But I don't wanna wait that long! [/whine]

If they report that he winds up visiting Arizona and/or SD, I wouldn't really consider that a good sign. I hope that doesn't happen. Get a signature now Clark!

The Franchise 01-03-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9274598)
If they report that he winds up visiting Arizona and/or SD, I wouldn't really consider that a good sign. I hope that doesn't happen. Get a signature now Clark!

He's already cancelled all future visits.

BigChiefFan 01-03-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9274541)
This. Cassel has proven himself as a ****ing failure. There is no need for him to be on this team next year.....even as a 3rd string QB.

Agreed. We aren't paying a 3rd stringer $ 7 million.

Lex Luthor 01-03-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

So what? I'd rather hear that than have a coach throw his player under the bus for making a bad play. Good coaches deal with their players in private, they don't call them out in public.

lcarus 01-03-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9274600)

Oh. Last I saw he was "in the process of cancelling visits", whatever the hell that means. But if true - awesome. Who knows what's right or wrong info now days. Just yesterday morning he was almost certainly going to Arizona.

I also remember when Herm was canned, it was looking like Shanahan might sign here lol

Rausch 01-03-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9274600)

:facepalm:

Mr. Laz 01-03-2013 01:23 PM

The Fake ESPN<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>TheFakeESPN
Andy Reid hasn't officially taken the job yet, but has already used all of the Chiefs timeouts during his negotiation.
Reply RetweetFavorite
Retweeted by Les Bowen
Expand

ROFL

DeezNutz 01-03-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

He is very very protective of his players.

As all good coaches should be. If he's not, I'd have a serious ****ing problem with that.

warpaint* 01-03-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9273396)
Reid's a good choice, just like on paper Pioli and Haley were good choices.

Time will tell.

The biggest thing is for him to bring in an experienced DC. His teams seemed to play a lot better under Johnson. The other concern is the recent QB issues in Philly and in Cleveland under Heckert (I'm assuming of course that Heckert comes along).

I have reservations due to the defense falling off since JJ's departure and he passes too much for my liking but that said I think the most encouraging thing about this if it happens is how serious Clark is about winning. He's catching a lot of heat which comes w/ the territory of sucking hind teet but both of these moves are high profile for guys that were and/or would have been coveted/sought after by other organizations.

I have come around on it the last day or so. There's no doubt the guy's a good coach. It's a good move if it happens. The onus on the Chiefs coinciding w/ that as you said will be to align him w/ the right front office and staff but that could be said about anyone.

BigCatDaddy 01-03-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn (Post 9274585)
I wouldn't be as sour on the move if Reid had some time to breathe. Change of scenery is great and all, but he has had virtually no time to reflect on what went wrong in Philly, or just get mentally well from all his personal BS going on. I don't think that take on Coughlin and his coaching staff is accurate. There was turnover before they won anything - in fact, it was Eagles DC Steve Spagnoulo that got them over the top.

Phil Jackson has 11 rings. Reid has zero. I wouldn't even let someone get away with comparing Hoodie to PJ. A better comparison for Reid is Mike D'Antoni.

Geez. At least give me George Karl.

Mike_Livingston 01-03-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9274596)
i would love that type of answer.

its time for SOMEONE to take some ****ing responsibility around here

Me too. But sometimes fans get frustrated when they know the head coach is just protecting some 5 million dollar a year athlete. And this is exactly what you get from Andy. But it is also a big reason why guys love playing for him.

Like I said..I am all for the hire!

Bowser 01-03-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9274597)
Can somebody tell me where we are?

I'm lazy.

Andy Reid has cancelled visits to Arizona and San Diego. It is being speculated that an announcement will come saying Reid is the new coach of the Chiefs within 24 hours.

BONUS - Apparently he is wanting to bring Tom Heckert with him to be GM. Scott Pioli weeps into Cassel's lap.

Rausch 01-03-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9274565)
Which once you get over the initial disbelief and anger of him not being fired on the spot is actually better than the immediate firing. In a vindictive scorned lover sort of way.

I'm cool with that.

"You won't get unemployment. You will quit. I will MAKE SURE you quit..."

ToxSocks 01-03-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31PriestWay (Post 9274484)
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Andy Reid's people have begun the process of canceling planned talks with #Chargers/#Cardinals. Getting close with #Chiefs, I'm told.

Thanks for finally joining the party Pioli!

How do you begin the process of canceling talks? Lol.

"Hey, uh...we're not coming. Thanks, bye".

...should be all there is to it.

ROYC75 01-03-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9274578)

It was mentioned on Mike & Mike that if it wasn't done today, it may be Monday so that it does not interfere with the coverage of the NFL Playoffs.

gblowfish 01-03-2013 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The new security password at Arrowhead is "Diabetes"....

Easy 6 01-03-2013 01:25 PM

Why on Gods Green Earth is ANYONE talking about cassel, he's sooo gone.

We have sooo much other cool stuff to discuss right now, just hearing his name makes my head hurt.

GONE
BYE
CYA
ADIOS
SAYONARA
ADIEU
GET ****ED

Thig Lyfe 01-03-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9274458)
Very likely Q, but I just saw dumbass former NFL jock (who can keep track of them all?) and Mark Schlereth on Sports Center talking about Andy Reid's success with QBs. They both said, "He will do a good job getting Matt Cassel to be more comfortable and confident." I busted a gut laughing.

Hopefully he'll treat Cassel like a son. That way he'll probably end up dead of a heroin overdose before the season starts.

Mike_Livingston 01-03-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9274617)
It was mentioned on Mike & Mike that if it wasn't done today, it may be Monday so that it does not interfere with the coverage of the NFL Playoffs.

excellent point.

Direckshun 01-03-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9274613)
Andy Reid has cancelled visits to Arizona and San Diego. It is being speculated that an announcement will come saying Reid is the new coach of the Chiefs within 24 hours.

BONUS - Apparently he is wanting to bring Tom Heckert with him to be GM. Scott Pioli weeps into Cassel's lap.

Oh that is DELICIOUS.

So what's our take on Clark Hunt, now, when it comes to football decisions?

Landed the biggest GM fish in several years' worth of ponds in 2009, and landed the biggest HC fish in several years' worth of ponds in 2013.

notorious 01-03-2013 01:27 PM

They will keep Cassel.

Just watch.

Raiderhater 01-03-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9274615)
I'm cool with that.

"You won't get unemployment. You will quit. I will MAKE SURE you quit..."

I have warmed to the idea. But I also have a natrual tendency to be vindictive my own self.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-03-2013 01:27 PM

Wow. Is ESPN really that clueless? They are talking like we're gonna keep Cassel and Reid is gonna make him better. Broadcast Journalism has really hit a low.

the Talking Can 01-03-2013 01:27 PM

over 100,000 views of this thread....

and still waiting for some twitter hump to confirm

Hammock Parties 01-03-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9274626)
Oh that is DELICIOUS.

So what's our take on Clark Hunt, now, when it comes to football decisions?

Landed the biggest GM fish in several years' worth of ponds in 2009, and landed the biggest HC fish in several years' worth of ponds in 2013.

Clark is a ****ing badass in my book.

Clark Hunt always gets his man.

Money, power and attitude go a long way.

Bowser 01-03-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9274618)
The new security password at Arrowhead is "Diabetes"....

http://www.nobodygoeshere.com/wp-con...-diabeetus.jpg

Rausch 01-03-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9274628)
They will keep Cassel.

Just watch.

https://static.prtst.net/asset-proxy..._in_a_fire.jpg

BoneKrusher 01-03-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9274616)
How do you begin the process of canceling talks? Lol.

"Hey, uh...we're not coming. Thanks, bye".

...should be all there is to it.

or just say well bye.

Brooklyn 01-03-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9274580)
Sounds kinda cool to me.

Buncha bros hard on their luck.. one of them suggests they get the band back together.. bros come back together kinda pissed off but feeling all rejuvenated and shit.. bros make a sort of angry but completely inspired album that kicks ass

"Re-Tread the Movie: Part II" Coming Fall 2013!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9274581)
A Coaching staff works when there is Chemistry.

If Reid gets to hire the people he wants and knows he can work well with, then I think it is a very good thing.

We've seen what happens whn the Chemistry gets broken up and sent off in opposite directions with the Belechick tree.

This is a reasonable take. There is something to be said for chemistry of an entire staff and perhaps the short comings of guys in other positions elsewhere aren't as applicable in lesser roles for KC. That said, once guys go off on their own I think the feeling is lost a little.

ILChief 01-03-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9274630)
Wow. Is ESPN really that clueless? They are talking like we're gonna keep Cassel and Reid is gonna make him better. Broadcast Journalism has really hit a low.

Just like Vermiel kept Grbac. And Grbac was a lot better than Cassel

ChiefRocka 01-03-2013 01:29 PM

Average lifespan of all cows in KC are about to decrease by .8 yrs

http://www.the700level.com/images/974983_278x118.jpg

Direckshun 01-03-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9274632)
Clark is a ****ing badass in my book.

Clark Hunt always gets his man.

Money, power and attitude go a long way.

Let's not go full reerun, now. He missed pretty hard on Mr. Manning last year.

Nightfyre 01-03-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9274642)
Average lifespan of all cows in KC are about to decrease by .8 yrs

http://www.the700level.com/images/974983_278x118.jpg

Please. Romeo is leaving town. If anything their lifespan will go up.

Bowser 01-03-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9274628)
They will keep Cassel.

Just watch.

You don't beleive that. You just think you do.

mcaj22 01-03-2013 01:30 PM

i dare say we are going to lose even more than just Matt Cassel

i feel a great roster purge coming and wouldnt be surprised if we lose some fan favorites in the process. That's just the way it goes in a clear rebuild/turnover

Hootie 01-03-2013 01:31 PM

ok but lets all agree that if:

Reid is hired.
Pioli is shelved.

Cassel/Quinn gone.

and in three years we're STILL terrible...we at least can't blame Clark.

This marks two straight times where Clark has made the BIG hire. Pioli was a BIG hire, even the guys who didn't like him can agree with that.

Clark must be pretty good at convincing people to come to KC...he must be doing SOMETHING right in these interviews.

Not trying to bring any negativity because I'm very excited about Reid and all of his crew coming to KC. Hopefully Geno really emerges as the #1 QB and we don't fool around and take him. Wouldn't mind signing a veteran to compete with Geno in camp, either. I know Hasselbeck said he'd like to be Locker's backup for another year but I think he'd be a great fit as the #1 guy for someone like Geno...and if Geno impresses early on he could even be the day 1 starter.

ChiefRocka 01-03-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9274647)
Please. Romeo is leaving town. If anything their lifespan will go up.

Romeo was just big boned :D

Pilsner 01-03-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9274621)
Hopefully he'll treat Cassel like a son. That way he'll probably end up dead of a heroin overdose before the season starts.

Is Matt Cassel the worst person in history? Yes.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-03-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9274641)
Just like Vermiel kept Grbac. And Grbac was a lot better than Cassel

Do they seriously think we're gonna keep Cassel? Wow. Just...wow. ESPN needs a house cleaning as well.

Hootie 01-03-2013 01:31 PM

If Cassel is still on this team in any capacity...lets put it this way

I'll be more pissed about that than Pioli sticking around with Reid and being the lameduck GM

Hammock Parties 01-03-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9274655)

i feel a great roster purge coming and wouldnt be surprised if we lose some fan favorites in the process. That's just the way it goes in a clear rebuild/turnover

Dex is outta here.

Reid isn't putting up with a guy who averages 8 yards a catch and 1 turnover every 8 touches.

L.A. Chieffan 01-03-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Don't talk about your new coach like that dude.

BigMeatballDave 01-03-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9274655)

TJ will most certainly be restructured or cut.

DeezNutz 01-03-2013 01:32 PM

ESPN is getting depantsed because they don't truly follow the Chiefs, and this type of hire forces commentary.

Nightfyre 01-03-2013 01:32 PM

He let Brown run despite the fact that he clearly was begging to be stripped. :shrug:

Not like he had much choice.

mcaj22 01-03-2013 01:33 PM

i wouldnt be surprised if he just keeps Jamal Charles and the o-line

and that's it lol

notorious 01-03-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9274637)

LMAO

Reid's a QB guru. Hopefully he doesn't go full reerun and think he can fix Matt Cassel.

Brock 01-03-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

:spock: ROFL

DaKCMan AP 01-03-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9274665)
Dex is outta here.

Reid isn't putting up with a guy who averages 8 yards a catch and 1 turnover every 8 touches.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-shocks-eagles

The Franchise 01-03-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9274673)
LMAO

Reid's a QB guru. Hopefully he doesn't go full reerun and think he can fix Matt Cassel.

He has no ties to Cassel.
Cassel isn't a young QB.
Cassel makes WAY to much money.

mnchiefsguy 01-03-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9274646)

That is on Scott, not Clark. Clark probably regrets not being more involved with that.

notorious 01-03-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9274665)
Dex is outta here.

Dex is exactly what Reid will want to use in his offense.

notorious 01-03-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9274677)
He has no ties to Cassel.
Cassel isn't a young QB.
Cassel makes WAY to much money.

I hope you are right.

BigMeatballDave 01-03-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9274671)
i wouldnt be surprised if he just keeps Jamal Charles and the o-line

and that's it lol

:spock:

J Diddy 01-03-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Clark always gets his man, unless he doesn't get his man and then it's someone elses fault.

Duh.

gblowfish 01-03-2013 01:34 PM

I wonder who Philly is going to get?
Wouldn't it be funny if it was Haley or Crennel?

dirk digler 01-03-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

I am in favor of Andy Reid. He is a great football guy. Ignoring his first year in Philly, he then was double digit wins for 8 out of 11 seasons. All total, he was below .500 3 times. His first year, his last year and one year in the middle when Mike McMahon started 7 games at QB. So put me down in favor.

I personally don't like the hire and he would have been one of the last coaches I would have considered.

With that being said I will support him until he gives me a reason not to. I will be most interested in who he brings on to coach the defense.

the Talking Can 01-03-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9274669)
ESPN is getting depantsed because they don't truly follow the Chiefs, and this type of hire forces commentary.

it's hilarious we have the #1 pick, and probably reid...

national news has no clue how - or any desire - to cover the Chiefs

i'd guess espn still centers its draft coverage around the Jets and Cowboys

Rausch 01-03-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9274629)
I have warmed to the idea. But I also have a natrual tendency to be vindictive my own self.

"...because I'm a scorpion, bitch."

mcaj22 01-03-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9274668)
TJ will most certainly be restructured or cut.

could go

new DE/Poe - new NT/Poe - new DE
Houston - DJ - New Guy - Hali
Flowers - Berry - New FS - New CB

or

Houston - New DT - Poe - Hali
New LB - New LB - DJ
Flowers - Berry - New FS - New CB

lol what a purge that would be

BigMeatballDave 01-03-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Have you been under a rock?

siberian khatru 01-03-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

My kind of humor. ROFL

DaWolf 01-03-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9274658)
ok but lets all agree that if:

Reid is hired.
Pioli is shelved.

Cassel/Quinn gone.

and in three years we're STILL terrible...we at least can't blame Clark.

This marks two straight times where Clark has made the BIG hire. Pioli was a BIG hire, even the guys who didn't like him can agree with that.

Clark must be pretty good at convincing people to come to KC...he must be doing SOMETHING right in these interviews.

Not trying to bring any negativity because I'm very excited about Reid and all of his crew coming to KC. Hopefully Geno really emerges as the #1 QB and we don't fool around and take him. Wouldn't mind signing a veteran to compete with Geno in camp, either. I know Hasselbeck said he'd like to be Locker's backup for another year but I think he'd be a great fit as the #1 guy for someone like Geno...and if Geno impresses early on he could even be the day 1 starter.

Clark is an owner anyone would want to work for. He will pay you what you want, and he will hand you the keys and let you go to work. The problem is that if Hunt gets the hire wrong, it can set the franchise back years. So as we have learned from Dan Snyder, it's not necessarily about hiring the biggest fish, it is about finding the best fit. So let's hope he got it right this time.

The good thing about Clark is that unlike his dad, if things obviously aren't going well, he is going to pull the trigger and move on. You cannot question his commitment to wanting to win. You can only question his ability to identify the right guys who are going to get us there. Pioli didn't work. Let's hope Reid does...