ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:08 AM

Clark is probably less cheap than you imagine since everyone is getting fired soon.

It'd be easy for him to save money by maintaining status quo.

Titty Meat 12-18-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9219154)
It's not that he couldn't. It's that it's very very unlikely.

There's a double standard here that people aren't realizing.

If we are willing to throw out history and hire Cowher, why do we need a 1st round QB? Might as well roll with Stanzi and defy history multiple times.

The problem with this argument is

A) Cowher is a capable HC.

B) Stanzi isn't an NFL QB.

Mother****erJones 12-18-2012 12:30 AM

To make money ya gota spend money. Can Pioli, let RAC bow out. Then go all out for a great HC. Im totally fine with Cowher or Gruden. I want a coach that will give a team some attitude and confidence.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:55 AM

Pioli Doc updated with the following bolds.

Quote:

1. Chiefs record under Scott Pioli: 23-40 (includes playoff loss).

This is the worst record for a GM in Chiefs history.
Jim Schaaf: .387 (1976-1988)
Scott Pioli: .365 (2009-2012)
Quote:

4. Chiefs have lost by 14 or more points under Scott Pioli 22 times in 63 games.

The Pioli regime, to date, features 63 games.

We have lost by 14 or more points in 22 of those games. That is 34.9 percent.

That means MORE than 1/3 of the time, Scott Pioli's Chiefs teams get their butts kicked.

Blowout losses (14+) by year

2009: 5
2010: 4
2011: 5
2012: 8 (with more to come, betcha betcha)
Editor's note: Pioli's Chiefs have 23 wins and 22 losses by 14 or more points. That's funny.

teedubya 12-18-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9215233)
the Chiefs will fire Pioli tomorrow and the world will end on Friday. Fitting really.

:cuss:

jaa1025 12-18-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9220113)
Prove that Clark isn't cheap.

Thanks in advance.

Fired Carl Peterson, Herman Edwards and the rest of the coaching staff
Hired Scott Pioli to a rumored "richest gm contract ever" or something like that.
Hired the #1 OC in Weis to essentially HC money
Hired the #1 DC in RAC to essentially HC money
Paid off Haley, Chan Gailey (am I missing someone, seems there has been more turnaround)
Is about to fire Pioli (very $$$) and RAC + Staff if the rumors are true.
Will hire new GM and coaching staff and hopefully it's a homerun.

I don't think he's been cheap in FA or hiring a coach last year worth a damn or refused to give the money to resign Carr as much as no one wants to come here because of Pioli and the situation he's caused.
--Carr was rumored to want out badly.
--Bowe was rumored to want out badly until he publicly stated otherwise...yeah, don't really believe that he wants to stay.
--Albert will probably leave if tagged.
--Fisher rumored to walk out of the interview with Pioli
--Manning wanted no part of KC, likely because he knew...as everyone does...that this situation is toxic.

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9219809)
Disagree.

Pioli has done absolutely nothing to improve the team, aside from Houston.

The offensive line is still fine. Defensive line still cannot stop the run, and all of our best players are Herm holdovers, now 4 years older. Pioli simply couldn't be any worse at his job.

But at least he's an asshole about it, so there's that.

LMAO

There are two areas I want to see improved before I declare our talent a bust. I want to see how they perform with a legit HC and I would like to see some team leaders brought in. Hopefully the new QB will come in and take that position with the offense, but we need to bring a guy in defensively that will make these players more accountable and keep them motivated. It is painfully obvious that DJ and Hali are not those guys.

It is also very apparent that this team quit less than half way into the season. That kind of thing just doesn't happen with the two things mentioned above. But this issue means one of two things: we lack all around leadership or we have a team full of pussies. I am inclined to believe the former.

kcxiv 12-18-2012 04:19 AM

still will never forget when they asked Pioli why Peyton's team never called him back. He was like i have no idea and the look on his face. I know there is video out there of it somewhere.

oldman 12-18-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9220284)
LMAO

There are two areas I want to see improved before I declare our talent a bust. I want to see how they perform with a legit HC and I would like to see some team leaders brought in. Hopefully the new QB will come in and take that position with the offense, but we need to bring a guy in defensively that will make these players more accountable and keep them motivated. It is painfully obvious that DJ and Hali are not those guys.

It is also very apparent that this team quit less than half way into the season. That kind of thing just doesn't happen with the two things mentioned above. But this issue means one of two things: we lack all around leadership or we have a team full of pussies. I am inclined to believe the former.

That's why I'm pretty OK with Cowher and, to some extent, Gruden. We need our identity back, Arrowhead needs to be a place the other team fears. I'm not saying bring back Marty-ball, but bring back that buckle your chinstrap attitude. We've tried quick-strike finese, we've tried whatever Herm brought, and then a host of other things and they didn't work. So what did work? You got it, hard-nosed football.

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9220311)
That's why I'm pretty OK with Cowher and, to some extent, Gruden. We need our identity back, Arrowhead needs to be a place the other team fears. I'm not saying bring back Marty-ball, but bring back that buckle your chinstrap attitude. We've tried quick-strike finese, we've tried whatever Herm brought, and then a host of other things and they didn't work. So what did work? You got it, hard-nosed football.

I'm reserved on Cowher, though, I prefer him over the Polians. I would rather take a shot at Tom Gamble from SF and see what he can do.

I get the inherent risk of giving a new guy a shot at something as important as GM, especially since he must be hands on, but that is why I really like Tom Gamble.

The man has done it all: college scouting, pro scouting, contract negotiations, and even has some coaching background. This man knows football. What man could let Clark enjoy soccer without a care in the world, better than this one?

soopamanluva 12-18-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 9220222)
Fired Carl Peterson, Herman Edwards and the rest of the coaching staff
Hired Scott Pioli to a rumored "richest gm contract ever" or something like that.
Hired the #1 OC in Weis to essentially HC money
Hired the #1 DC in RAC to essentially HC money
Paid off Haley, Chan Gailey (am I missing someone, seems there has been more turnaround)
Is about to fire Pioli (very $$$) and RAC + Staff if the rumors are true.
Will hire new GM and coaching staff and hopefully it's a homerun.

I don't think he's been cheap in FA or hiring a coach last year worth a damn or refused to give the money to resign Carr as much as no one wants to come here because of Pioli and the situation he's caused.
--Carr was rumored to want out badly.
--Bowe was rumored to want out badly until he publicly stated otherwise...yeah, don't really believe that he wants to stay.
--Albert will probably leave if tagged.
--Fisher rumored to walk out of the interview with Pioli
--Manning wanted no part of KC, likely because he knew...as everyone does...that this situation is toxic.

Never paid Haley.....

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopamanluva (Post 9220335)
Never paid Haley.....

Could have been Pioli's doing.

007 12-18-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9220211)
:cuss:

You have to admit it would be just our luck.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-18-2012 07:56 AM

I truly, and honestly don't give a shit who we hire. Don't care, at all. Cowher, Shanahan, Gruden, all names I've kind of thought were shitty in the past, all look pretty damned good now. Mother**** you, Scott Pioli.

007 12-18-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9220397)
I truly, and honestly don't give a shit who we hire. Don't care, at all. Cowher, Shanahan, Gruden, all names I've kind of thought were shitty in the past, all look pretty damned good now. Mother**** you, Scott Pioli.

THIS