ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Molitoth 01-01-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

4) Heaven forbid we draft a competitor. This "thug" mentality is nothing but racist bullshit. Hey at least he's not vandalizing cars or getting evicted. Oh wait, Bray can't have a thug attitude, he's white.

Geno Smith is a Cornball Brother.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...ended-espn.jpg

AussieChiefsFan 01-01-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9263649)

Like RG3

Three7s 01-01-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9263416)
1) You can judge his accuracy because he has thrown an entire NFL route tree multiple times in ONE game, let alone if you were to look at his body of work over a career. There is more than ample amounts of footage out there. I can't fix blind and/or lazy.
2) Again, there is ample footage of him working progressions. I think sometimes he depends too much on his pre-snap reads and sits on a receiver he knows will come open eventually sometimes. But that is NORMAL for a QB transitioning from college to the NFL. Hell, RGIII had some questions about his ability to work progressions. It is coachable, as is Geno. He improved each year under Dana Holgorson ffs. I also wonder how much this has to do with the system.
3) Geno Smith has faced as much pressure this year as Tyler Wilson. The difference is he has demonstrated an ability to evade pass rushers AND KEEP HIS EYES DOWNFIELD which is actually a trait I value tremendously. He feels the rush as well as anyone else who has come out for the draft in recent memory. And again, it's totally coachable.
4) Heaven forbid we draft a competitor. This "thug" mentality is nothing but racist bullshit. Hey at least he's not vandalizing cars or getting evicted. Oh wait, Bray can't have a thug attitude, he's white.

This seems to be the #1 thing that Geno haters keep bring up. OH NOES, WE CAN'T HAVE A GANG SIGN THROWING THUG AS THE LEADER OF OUR TEAM!

ILChief 01-01-2013 10:10 AM

I will probably get crucified for this, but if he declares I'm close to jumping on the Tajh Boyd wagon.

That being said, I'd still be happy with Geno

rico 01-01-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9263739)
I will probably get crucified for this, but if he declares I'm close to jumping on the Tajh Boyd wagon.

If he declares this year..... I'm pretty much already there. I love Tajh Boyd.

ILChief 01-01-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9263774)
If he declares this year..... I'm pretty much already there. I love Tajh Boyd.

he could be the Cam Newton/RG3 that shoots up the draft board this year.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-01-2013 10:28 AM

How many games has he started?

ILChief 01-01-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9263792)
How many games has he started?

He's a Junior. Played a little as a freshman and started his Soph and Jr years

fairladyZ 01-01-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9263416)
1) You can judge his accuracy because he has thrown an entire NFL route tree multiple times in ONE game, let alone if you were to look at his body of work over a career. There is more than ample amounts of footage out there. I can't fix blind and/or lazy.
2) Again, there is ample footage of him working progressions. I think sometimes he depends too much on his pre-snap reads and sits on a receiver he knows will come open eventually sometimes. But that is NORMAL for a QB transitioning from college to the NFL. Hell, RGIII had some questions about his ability to work progressions. It is coachable, as is Geno. He improved each year under Dana Holgorson ffs. I also wonder how much this has to do with the system.
3) Geno Smith has faced as much pressure this year as Tyler Wilson. The difference is he has demonstrated an ability to evade pass rushers AND KEEP HIS EYES DOWNFIELD which is actually a trait I value tremendously. He feels the rush as well as anyone else who has come out for the draft in recent memory. And again, it's totally coachable.

I even put in my post that alot could be fixed in his fundamentals, it was his mentality that i wasn't sure about. I know exactly what the blood sign means i grew up around it.

The "thug" mentality is exactly what it is. Standing up flipping off fans, talking shit to them, throwing gang signs.. I grew up around all of it and know it when i see it. Sorry if you can't see it or don't understand it but i do. Players throw up signs all the time but blood is a pretty significant sign to throw up and what it means is very clear

Strongside 01-01-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9263739)

I'm not this high on Boyd, but he is definitely an intriguing prospect. His motion is a little wonky and a lot of people question his arm strength. He looked great against LSU, but his receivers made some outstanding catches to help boost his #'s a bit. Even if he declares, don't expect him to go any higher than round 3.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-01-2013 12:46 PM

He isn't better than Geno or Wilson, so no interest here. He should go back for his Sr. year.

htismaqe 01-01-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9264293)
He isn't better than Geno or Wilson, so no interest here. He should go back for his Sr. year.

This.

Boyd isn't the 5th-best QB in this draft, let alone 1st or 2nd.

Nightfyre 01-01-2013 12:52 PM

Boyd wouldn't make my top ten list.

Saccopoo 01-01-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9263784)
he could be the Cam Newton/RG3 that shoots up the draft board this year.

In his senior year.

IMHO, he's Geno Smith from last year. Has put together a nice career (though his sophomore season wasn't nearly as good as this season), is coming off a very good bowl game performance and should carry that into this next season.

He's not tall, and looks to be shorter than his listed 6'1".

But he's a solid footbally player who should really jump up the charts next season. I think he'd be foolish to declare and be a fourth/fifth rounder this year versus a potential first rounder next year.

The QB class next year is thin. He could really take advantage of that with another solid year under center.

And if you want to see a potential guy for the year after, Utah State sophomore Chuckie Keeton is the absolute man. Johnny Maziel got all the hype, but Keeton is every bit as good.

275/407
67.6% completion
3373 yards
8.29 ypa
27 TDs
9 Ints
154.6 rating

129 rushes
619 yards
8 TDs

versus Manziel:
273/400
3419 yards
8.55 ypa
24 TDs
8 Ints
155.9 rating

184 rushes
1181 yards
19 TDs

Both are exactly the same size. They look like identical twins in terms of them on the football field when the whistle blows.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QWZAWC90K5E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That said, Geno Smith is still far and away the better pro prospect.

fairladyZ 01-01-2013 02:49 PM

whats everyone's feeings on aaron murray if he declares? i haven't seen much of him just read some things on here about him, i know tony dungy said he would take him, and that a big knock on him is that he tends to fold under pressure.

I've watch some film on him and watching his game today, i watched alot of the alabama game. He doesn't look to terrible, size is average, arm is decent, has good footwork. He doesn't seem confident in his throws sometimes and looks to hesitate and makes a bad throw.

I searched for a thread of his but didn't find one. just wondering what everyone else take on him is