ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2014 Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279729)

siberian khatru 07-31-2014 11:54 AM

In all seriousness, Price probably going someplace like the Tigers

Strongside 07-31-2014 11:55 AM

You guys are right. Moore is in a tough spot with the fans. And he should be. Other teams have rebuilt 2 times during his tenure here. He's proven nothing but an inability to develop offensive weapons in house, and has made several weird/stupid/ill-advised transactions over his time. Sure, he's won a few trades or gotten some good value from a few, but we should have seen some sort of success by now. I'm not talking about winning 85 games. I'm talking about the playoffs. Realistically, we should have made the playoffs in his 6th season and have been pushing for a title in his 8th. That's even being generous.

If he's feeling pressure from the fans, it's for good reason.

CaliforniaChief 07-31-2014 11:57 AM

Yeah, I just have this impending sense of doom about what's about to happen.

siberian khatru 07-31-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10777944)
You guys are right. Moore is in a tough spot with the fans. And he should be. Other teams have rebuilt 2 times during his tenure here. He's proven nothing but an inability to develop offensive weapons in house, and has made several weird/stupid/ill-advised transactions over his time. Sure, he's won a few trades or gotten some good value from a few, but we should have seen some sort of success by now. I'm not talking about winning 85 games. I'm talking about the playoffs. Realistically, we should have made the playoffs in his 6th season and have been pushing for a title in his 8th. That's even being generous.

If he's feeling pressure from the fans, it's for good reason.

See my sig lines.

Reaper16 07-31-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10777933)
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Been told <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rays?src=hash">#Rays</a> are definitely moving Price</p>&mdash; Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/statuses/494901204657668096">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If I felt like being a total troll, I'd make a fake Andy McCullough Twitter account with tweets about Yordano Ventura pakcing up his locker & Aldaberto Mondesi being pulled from tonight's Wilmington lineup & etc.

Strongside 07-31-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10777948)
See my sig lines.

JFC

siberian khatru 07-31-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10777952)
If I felt like being a total troll, I'd make a fake Andy McCullough Twitter account with tweets about Yordano Ventura pakcing up his locker & Aldaberto Mondesi being pulled from tonight's Wilmington lineup & etc.

Might as well. Seems that all the cool kids are doing it today.

CaliforniaChief 07-31-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10777952)

You'd have to add a Francouer line of tweets as well as Bonifacio coming over as well.

siberian khatru 07-31-2014 12:02 PM

I'd like to note that I was out in front of the Frenchy stuff:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=8155

Bufkin 07-31-2014 12:03 PM

If I'm Dayton, I call Tampa within the next 90 seconds, offer him Ventura, Mondesi, and Dozier for Price and a scrub.

Price and Shields at the top of the rotation. Deja Vu all over again.

Bufkin 07-31-2014 12:03 PM

If I'm Dayton, I call Tampa within the next 90 seconds, offer him Ventura, Mondesi, and Dozier for Price and a scrub.

Strongside 07-31-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Fisher (Post 10777964)

I don't see why anyone wants this. Doesn't matter when we can't score runs.

Prison Bitch 07-31-2014 12:05 PM

Please stop spamming the board Fisher, you idiot troll.

lcarus 07-31-2014 12:05 PM

So anyone else joinin me on the "we're takin this damn division" train?

Anyong Bluth 07-31-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10777911)
We're in a weird spot that pretty much points to doing nothing as the correct option. (at least nothing much, maybe a minor deal can be OK)

We're 5 games back of Detroit and 3.5 games back of the Wild Card with 2 months left. The Monte Carlo simulations currently have us at around a 12-17% chance of making the playoffs. (of course those odds go up if we win a few games and fall if we lose a few, but the only thing thats important is what the odds are today, since this is the trade deadline)

We're close enough that we can't wave the white flag especially given that we're the Royals, but we're far enough back that cashing in some of our valuable chips to make a run at it this year would probably be really stupid. Trading our top prospects might make our playoff odds go up to, what, 1 in 3 or so? If we had the division lead it might make sense, but in our spot we're probably not making the playoffs no matter what we do.

But probably not making the playoffs doesn't mean "we aren't making the playoffs with these guys" this year. Its unlikely, but unless you have a time machine, anyone who says otherwise is just flat-out wrong, and if we ultimately don't make the playoffs, that would not make them right as of July 31, 2014.

Shields is going to be worth a draft pick and we need him if we don't want to give up. We also need Holland if we aren't giving up. To the extent that we may want to make trades with 2015 or beyond in mind, we'll get a better deal in the winter.

So, we're in a weird no-man's land. Maybe we can pick up a mediocre outfielder for not much, but we can neither give up on our slim-but-not-zero chances at the postseason, nor should we invest further in what is probably a lost cause.

All in agreement.
The question is what is more important:

Ending the playoff drought, but giving up sustainable development of winning with cost friendly talent brought up or solidify the organization from a reputation standpoint as wanting to win and broker deals to get a serious push for at least one WC spot if not taking square aim at Detroit in th Central and hope that the momentum can be built upon with a playoff spot this year.

Mind you - this pitching staff come playoff baseball could be hell for other teams with a shortened rotation and our bullpen and defense. They get some pop in the top of the lineup and this club is a whole other animal.