ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Star Wars: The Old Republic (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204523)

kcxiv 08-31-2011 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7864446)
Same thing in the mudding world. Oh man, the drama that would ensue when it would be discovered that some slut who had been mudsexing half the dudes in the game was discovered to be a dude in real life.

ROFL

There's a reason I stayed away from that side of gaming.

yeah, like i said in my previous post. Some people will ****ing try to make people fall in love then hope that other person doesnt care they are the same ****ing sex. That shit is just wrong wrong wrong. lol, before i even ever flirted with any chick "supposed" chick in game, i was liek yoru ass needs to get on webcam and show me your a chick. haha (some did) haha

keg in kc 08-31-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7865412)
Nice :thumb: Did they mention an NDA? If so, will you break it? :D

Well, I can tell you that there is a test, and I'm in it...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhater58 (Post 7865599)
and congrats on getting in even if its only for the weekend. Im loving the game havent been able to play it as much as would like, Im still doing my "class quests" on a couple characters but so far what Ive seen is awesome.

I'm gonna try to get as much done as I can on maybe 4 classes. I can't imagine it will be a whole lot, as slow as the leveling supposedly is. Maybe get an early sense of class balance and see how many bugs I can find (which probably won't be anything new, since the early game stuff has been the most-tested).

Barret 08-31-2011 09:31 AM

@Keg: What are your system specs if you don't mind me asking? Trying to figure out what the holy grail is for being accepted to the beta weekend. I did the pre-order thing so I know I am in that.

Congrats by the way.

keg in kc 08-31-2011 09:39 AM

They removed system specs from the beta sign-up page back in July, and I believe invites for these beta weekends are random.

keg in kc 08-31-2011 01:20 PM

Found a really good review on the official forum from a person who attended PAX with a group of his friends, and how their impression of the game changed after they played it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=460703

A few snippets:
Quote:

Prior to going to PAX I had scoured the internet for all things TOR in the hopes of finding some little “tid-bit” of information I may have missed. This devouring of information really spiked when I started seeing quite a few reviews, and nearly insurmountable comments and posts on the internet alluding to some fore-gone conclusion that SWToR might not be what we had hoped; and indeed that it may not do well at all.

I found the prevailing dissent disturbing. I couldn't believe that so many people who have never played the game had such a negative opinion of it and that so many websites that had done previews of the game spoke so blandly of the combat and interface (among other things).

The basic consensus growing, it seemed, was that the game would be "good" but wouldn't "revolutionize" the MMO genre in any way.

In fact my girlfriend even reflected this view stating, "I just think GW2 looks more fun to play. Look at all the videos...GW2 combat just looks like more fun." She also thought that SWToR looked too "cartoony" and too much "...like WoW...”
He then goes on in great detail to lay out his impressions of the story and the voiceover, the graphics and animation and the combat, and then gives brief impressions from four other people (hint: they all really liked it. Including his girlfriend.)

It's a really big and intimidating wall of text style post, but the guy did a good job with it.

Huffmeister 09-04-2011 10:07 AM

For those of you in the beta, are there any impressions you can give that won't violate the NDA? Good, bad, mediocre?

Bowser 09-04-2011 10:22 AM

I'm betting Keg hasn't slept in 36 hours and is all jacked up on Monster drinks right about now.....

Fish 09-04-2011 10:39 AM

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/671...5v64339705.jpg

keg in kc 09-04-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7878260)
I'm betting Keg hasn't slept in 36 hours and is all jacked up on Monster drinks right about now.....

You would not be far off with that prediction. Except it's Dr. Pepper Cherry.

Unfortunately I'm under the NDA so I'm not allowed to say anything beyond 'there's a test' and 'i'm in said test'.

But speaking hypothetically, if someone, not me of course, had played, let's say, 30 hours out of the last 42, you could, theoretically, take that as a sign that they liked it. A lot.

Bowser 09-04-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7878310)

Unfortunately I'm under the NDA so I'm not allowed to say anything beyond 'there's a test' and 'i'm in said test'.

But speaking hypothetically, if someone, not me of course, had played, let's say, 30 hours out of the last 42, you could, theoretically, take that as a sign that they liked it. A lot.

Heh. Glad you like it. Hypothetically, if you were to have played it.....

Saulbadguy 09-04-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7878310)

Reported.

Stanley Nickels 09-04-2011 07:59 PM

keg, I'm in the same boat. Very, very good.

God of Thunder 09-06-2011 07:19 AM

So what class is everyone thinking of doing? I think I am going bounty hunter........and i've already got a name in mind (!)

keg in kc 09-06-2011 08:00 AM

I'm suffering the worst video game withdrawal I've ever had in my life this morning.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipshit of Dunder (Post 7881485)
So what class is everyone thinking of doing? I think I am going bounty hunter........and i've already got a name in mind (!)

Bounty Hunter/Mercenary is very, very cool. So I've heard.

So is Smuggler/Gunslinger. Purportedly.

I've had a Consular planned as my main since the game was announced, and that hasn't changed. My intention, however, has always been to start with another class to get my feet wet, and that will I think be Smuggler. On the Imperial side, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, and that will probably be further down the line (my guild is Republic...).

I'm going to eventually play all 8 classes, though. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

keg in kc 09-09-2011 04:02 PM

Yummy.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/up9crByjT8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>