ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

Michael Michigan 02-23-2005 10:03 PM

Hey--where did she get that bikini?

Dartgod 02-23-2005 10:09 PM

So, did anyone else notice what was on the TV the first time Jin delivered the message to that dude?

chiefs4me 02-23-2005 10:15 PM

no....what was on tv?

Dartgod 02-23-2005 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs4me
no....what was on tv?

Did you tape it?

When he is at the house to deliver the message and the guy says, "not in front of my little girl", they show the girl and there is something interesting on the TV show she is watching.

KcMizzou 02-23-2005 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Well, you AWOL bastards missed an excellent episode.

And I'm not gonna tell you about it. :harumph:

I drifted away when I started playing WoW. I'll pick this season up on dvd later. I do really like the show.

I've missed enough now, that I figure I might as well wait.

Chiefnj 02-23-2005 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
I drifted away when I started playing WoW. I'll pick this season up on dvd later. I do really like the show.

You'll have time to catch up. After next weeks new episode comes about a month or so of repeats.

KingPriest2 02-23-2005 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
Locke is slowly helping each member of the island unlock their own baggage and vices. Boone's caring for his sister, Michael finally becoming a father figure and hero for his son, Charlie kicking drugs, Sawyer's guilt over killing an innocent man.

Locke's character seems to be based on the British philosopher Locke who felt that everyone is born with a blank slate (tabula rosa - the name of the episode with Lock's flashback) and all of our ideas come about from experiences with the physical world and our knowledge comes from experience. To help get past their problems each person on the island must have some form of an experience which the island is helping create - Boone's dream about his sister, Sawyer's confrontation with the boar, Michael saving walt from the polar bear.

That's my take anyway.

This is old news. Even JJ Abrams has stated that Locke is named after him. Remember everything that you see and hear on the show is there for a reason.

Dartgod 02-23-2005 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Did you tape it?

When he is at the house to deliver the message and the guy says, "not in front of my little girl", they show the girl and there is something interesting on the TV show she is watching.

I guess no one else saw it.

KingPriest2 02-23-2005 10:37 PM

Quote:

I noticed it. It is going to be part of their backstory. When they air it.

KcMizzou 02-23-2005 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
You'll have time to catch up. After next weeks new episode comes about a month or so of repeats.

Really? Thanks...

KingPriest2 02-23-2005 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

02/13 - When Hurley becomes obsessed with the French woman and heads into the jungle to find her, Jack, Sayid and Charlie have no choice but to follow. Meanwhile, Locke asks Claire to help build a mysterious item. Source: ABC
01/26 - We find out that he had a huge life-altering experience before coming on the plane, the number-one thing Americans dream about, but that it ended up being the worst thing that could have happened because the experience was somehow cursed. It hurt everyone he loved--and that curse is tied to the island. And, dun dun dun, the hatch. Source: Kristin on E!Online
12/23 - Episode 18 is a Hurley flashback. Source: The Fuselage (Thanks Arkaina for the tip.)

Episode 1.19: Deux Ex Machina
Airdate: April 13, 2005

01/17 - This will be a Locke-centered episode. Source: The Fuselage

Episode 1.20: Do No Harm
Airdate: April 20, 2005

01/21 - This will be a Jack-centered episode. Source: Lost-TV.com (Thanks Dom's_Gurl for the tip.)

Episode 1.21: The greater good
Airdate: April 27, 2005

02/08 - This will be a Sayid-centered episode. Source: Lost-TV.com

Episode 1.22: Title Unknown
Airdate: Winter 2005

02/08 - This will be a Kate-centered episode. Source: Lost-TV.com

Episode 1.2?: Title Unknown (Season Finale)
Airdate: May 2005

02/14 - Here's what I've heard of the finale

Dartgod 02-23-2005 10:45 PM

I really wish you'd quite posting these spoilers.

KingPriest2 02-23-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

I really wish you'd quite posting these spoilers.

There not spoilers. If they were they would be more detailed. I could give away alot more but I won't. These are just descriptions of the show. Just like you would see in TV Guide.

Michael Michigan 02-23-2005 10:52 PM

Quote:

I just looked at it again, is it Hurley getting into a car?

KingPriest2 02-23-2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Michigan
I just looked at it again, is it Hurley getting into a car?

yes