ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raiders Trade for Carson Palmer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251389)

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8005629)
LMAO Watch the ****ing games. He's doing this, this, this, and this but I forgot to mention he throws the ball 3 yards at a time.

And, yet, Cassel's average per pass is currently 6.8 yards. Carson has only three of seven years that he has averaged more yards per pass.

So, again, what does that say about Palmer?

Oh, and he averaged 6.9 yards per pass last season, which is more than Palmer has averaged in any of the three most recent seasons he played.

Just don't see the wow factor you do.

jd1020 10-18-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005632)
And, yet, Cassel's average per pass is currently 6.9 yards. Carson has only three of seven years that he has averaged more yards per pass.

Cassel's got one of the best YAC receivers in the game... No one gains more from their receivers than Cassel.

3/4 of Cassels passes dont even travel 10 yards and 1/5 of them don't even make the LoS. He's practically playing a college game at the NFL level, its a ****ing embarrassment.

Rausch 10-18-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 8005618)
What O-line struggles are you referring to? Raiders O-line is tied for the fewest sacks allowed in the NFL (7), and one of those was a botched kneeldown. Another was Campbell tripping on McFadden's foot. Their run blocking is also fine, #2 in the league. Raiders are 8th in scoring & have the leading rusher. What are the current struggles on the Raider O-line?

The Raiders might be the best run blocking team in the league.

I'm not sure when it happened but the Chiefs seem to have adopted the old Raiders style and the Raiders seem to have adopted the old Chiefs style of offense.

Who's better off?...

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8005631)
In order for me to be influenced by these stats, you would have to break down how much either goes down the field. 66% is nice, but if its all check downs or short throws it doesn't do much. I would much rather have a guy that stretches it throwing 60% then a guy that doesn't throwing 66%.

To me the reason the % and INTs are different is because Cassel doesn't risk it. If you golf and never hit a wood/driver off the tee your not going to hit it OB as much. Your FIR might be higher. Defending Cassel stats you would have to ignore GIR and success on tougher courses where distance matters. Damn good analogy if I do say so myself, and I do.

Again, I have no love for Cassel. This is more just to look at Palmer objectively.

If I had to pick one for my team, I probalby choose Palmer. But, that is choosing between Cassel and Palmer. Not choosing between my first and second round pick or trading for Palmer.

I think Cassel and Vrabel for a second was far better value than Palmer for a first and a second.

Rausch 10-18-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005638)
I think Cassel and Vrabel for a second was far better value than Palmer for a first and a second.

I think either trade should land you some very uncomfortable time making sex with banjo music in the background...

NJChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005632)
And, yet, Cassel's average per pass is currently 6.8 yards. Carson has only three of seven years that he has averaged more yards per pass.

Oh, and he averaged 6.9 yards per pass last season, which is more than Palmer has averaged in any of the three most recent seasons he played.

Just don't see the wow factor you do.

This isn't about the wow factor of Plamer, its about the lack there of with both of them and why comparing the two is a waste of time. Both aren't good enough enough. AVG per pass is such a misleading stat. Its like RBI's in baseball. Its dependent on other players. You need to find the stat that shows how far Cassel's balls traveled in the air. Throwing it 5 yards to Bowe for a 50 yard TD affects Cassel's yards per pass. Explain how its sensible to use that stat in an arguement about Cassel's down the field attempts.

Now I do agree that our trade gave up less. Comparing each to the trade they were in may yield some differences. Still, Cassel has strapped us for 3 years and horribly maybe more. That has to be factored into the quality of the deal. If you trade for a QB and give up a burger its a decent trade. But if the QB is horrilbe and plays for 15 years its a terrible trade. Worse than a trade for a QB for 2 1sts if you cut your losses at some point.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8005633)
Cassel's got one of the best YAC receivers in the game... No one gains more from their receivers than Cassel.

3/4 of Cassels passes dont even travel 10 yards and 1/5 of them don't even make the LoS. The guy is a joke of a QB.

Of course. Cassel is just surrounded by studs. I forgot. I mean, last year, he had Bowe and.... um.

You fail to mention that when Palmer was really good, he had a pretty good offense around him too.

Again, this isn't a parade for Cassel. But, if you look at numbers, Cassel and Palmer compare very well.

And, considering we all know that Cassel isn't a difference maker.... you would expect there to be more a disparity.... well, at least I would. I believe in franchise QB's and that they make a difference in spite of the talent around them.

I would think you could put Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady on the Bengals and they would have better numbers than Palmer.

But, all that is hypothetical. The reality is that statistically, Palmer and Cassel are pretty similar as illogical as that may seem.

jd1020 10-18-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005644)
Of course. Cassel is just surrounded by studs. I forgot. I mean, last year, he had Bowe and.... um.

You fail to mention that when Palmer was really good, he had a pretty good offense around him too.

Again, this isn't a parade for Cassel. But, if you look at numbers, Cassel and Palmer compare very well.

And, considering we all know that Cassel isn't a difference maker.... you would expect there to be more a disparity.... well, at least I would. I believe in franchise QB's and that they make a difference in spite of the talent around them.

I would think you could put Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady on the Bengals and they would have better numbers than Palmer.

But, all that is hypothetical. The reality is that statistically, Palmer and Cassel are pretty similar as illogical as that may seem.

How many TD's has Rodgers averaged? 28.6, **** me, that number sounds familiar. Brady? 29.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8005643)
This isn't about the wow factor of Plamer, its about the lack there of with both of them and why comparing the two is a waste of time. Both aren't good enough enough. AVG per pass is such a misleading stat. Its like RBI's in baseball. Its dependent on other players. You need to find the stat that shows how far Cassel's balls traveled in the air. Throwing it 5 yards to Bowe for a 50 yard TD affects Cassel's yards per pass. Explain how its sensible to use that stat in an arguement about Cassel's down the field attempts.

Now I do agree that our trade gave up less. Comparing each to the trade they were in my yield some differences. Still, Cassel has strapped us for 3 years and horribly maybe more. That has to be factored into the quality of the deal. If you trade for a QB and give up a burger its a decent trade. But if the QB is horrilbe and plays for 15 years its a terrible trade. Worse than a trade for a QB for 2 1sts if you cut your losses at some point.

Well, honestly, I just don't know where to get that stat. If you have it, I would be interested.

Rausch 10-18-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005644)

Career numbers?...

NJChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005646)
Well, honestly, I just don't know where to get that stat. If you have it, I would be interested.

I have seen articles showing that stat for QBs. MilkMan posted one the other day showing Cassel's but not Palmers. Don't have the time to find that thread. Not sure how to find it myself. Not saying you were lazy not posting it, just that the other stat doesn't mean much in defense of Cassel.

jd1020 10-18-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8005647)
Career numbers?...

GP | Completions | Attempts | % | Yards | Avg | TDs | INTs | Rating

97 2024 3,217 62.9 22,694 7.05 154 100 86.9
65 975 1,638 59.5 10,931 6.67 74 41 84.1

There are their numbers.

We could compare college numbers, they were on the same team after all, but it wouldnt really be fair to Cassel.

JERICHO 10-18-2011 11:55 PM

THIS JUST IN: Carson Palmer refuses to practice with his new team and demands a trade or he will retire!

NJChiefsFan 10-18-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8005652)
97 2024 3,217 62.9 22,694 7.05 154 100 86.9
65 975 1,638 59.5 10,931 6.67 74 41 84.1

There are their numbers.

So Matt doesn't have nearly the INTs but also not nearly the TDs, Yards, or Attempts. To me that shows not only that Matt doesn't push the ball, but that Matt had a run game to carry him. That in itself protects INTs. Palmer had to put those numbers up on a defense defending him where Cassel put them up on a defense defending the run.

jd1020 10-18-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8005656)
So Matt doesn't have nearly the INTs but also not nearly the TDs, Yards, or Attempts. To me that shows not only that Matt doesn't push the ball, but that Matt had a run game to carry him. That in itself protects INTs. Palmer had to put those numbers up on a defense defending him where Cassel put them up on a defense defending the run.

Stop assuming which stats are Cassel's!