ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Stop Eating Sugar (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257995)

Cephalic Trauma 02-05-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8510382)
sugar is absolutely worse for you than marijuana.

You sure about that? This is a fairly comprehensive rundown of the respiratory effects of marijuana with legitimate citations.

Worse than tobacco smoke, they say.

http://adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factshe...oryeffects.htm

Dayze 02-05-2014 12:03 PM

I smoke doobies laced with cane sugar.

Beef Supreme 02-05-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10415756)

I don't think that's sugar.

Omaha 02-05-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10415756)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10415800)
I don't think that's sugar.

I don't think those are doobies.

BWillie 02-05-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10415615)
It only makes you feel shitty if you are sensitive to it. Unfortunately, I am and haven't intentionally had it in over eight years.

Is there gluten in ribs or orange Chinese chicken? Those are the only things I've found that make me feel like crap. And it's just because it doesn't come out the other side well. Trying to figure this gluten thing out.

Beef Supreme 02-05-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10415810)
Is there gluten in ribs or orange Chinese chicken? Those are the only things I've found that make me feel like crap. And it's just because it doesn't come out the other side well. Trying to figure this gluten thing out.

Probably enough MSG to tranquilize a horse. Dunno about gluten.

Frosty 02-05-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

There could be gluten in the sauce (most Chinese food has gluten because it's in the soy sauce). However, if you can eat bread (or drink beer) without feeling like shit, then you don't have a gluten problem.

TLO 02-05-2014 02:39 PM

I just took the biggest dump, and wanted to share. I wasn't sure where to post it, but figured this would be an appropriate place. Carry on.

Just Passin' By 02-05-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 10415744)
:facepalm:

What an idiot.

Let me guess. You have no idea what you're talking about, but you felt a need to post anyway?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/h...2/21463461.cms

Cephalic Trauma 02-05-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10416091)
Let me guess. You have no idea what you're talking about, but you felt a need to post anyway?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/h...2/21463461.cms

The problem with what you gleaned from that study is they didn't stratify the population. They simply lumped the data together and said this is what we found. There is a huge subset of the population that is healthy, fit, and average-high socioeconomic status that will live into old age barring any serious accident or illness. Those individuals bring up our average tremendously. Then you have the obese, diabetic, and low SES people who will bring it down.

Due to advances in medical care, life expectancy and ability to live into old age and maintain functional abilities is still on the rise. But it has slowed dramatically because we have this nasty weight (pun intended) bringing it down in the form of diabetes and obesity.

In that study, they are not saying MORE people are living longer, healthier lives, but that the cohort that they studied is living longer, healthier lives as a whole. There's a difference.

Just Passin' By 02-05-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 10416422)
The problem with what you gleaned from that study is they didn't stratify the population. They simply lumped the data together and said this is what we found. There is a huge subset of the population that is healthy, fit, and average-high socioeconomic status that will live into old age barring any serious accident or illness. Those individuals bring up our average tremendously. Then you have the obese, diabetic, and low SES people who will bring it down.

Due to advances in medical care, life expectancy and ability to live into old age and maintain functional abilities is still on the rise. But it has slowed dramatically because we have this nasty weight (pun intended) bringing it down in the form of diabetes and obesity.

In that study, they are not saying MORE people are living longer, healthier lives, but that the cohort that they studied is living longer, healthier lives as a whole. There's a difference.

There is no problem with what I gleaned. You're attempting to downgrade the report, which is fine, whether you're right or wrong, as long as you can find decent support for your position, even though that's not the only report/study that's come down the way it did. You belittling me over the notion in general was ****ing stupid. The idiot in the scenario was you.

Cephalic Trauma 02-05-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10416464)
There is no problem with what I gleaned. You're attempting to downgrade the report, which is fine, whether you're right or wrong, as long as you can find decent support for your position, even though that's not the only report/study that's come down the way it did. You belittling me over the notion in general was ****ing stupid. The idiot in the scenario was you.

There is nothing wrong with the study. I am not attempting to downgrade it, as they simply reported facts from their cohort. Their conclusion was based on said cohort, and they attributed increased health and years to advancements in medical care. They did not say it was because obesity and diabetes aren't as detrimental to health as most think (like you seem to believe, which is utterly idiotic). Life expectancy is rising in spite of obesity trends due to medical advances that benefit patients.

BigCatDaddy 02-05-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10416464)

Just curious. Do you have poor exercise and eating habits?

htismaqe 02-06-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

There most likely would be glutamate in both. Gluten and glutamate are related and soy is the most common culprit.

http://dogtorj.com/what-is-food-into...-glutamate-vs/

Jimmya 02-06-2014 07:48 AM

Too much sugar equals death.