ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

jiveturkey 10-08-2014 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10992745)
You have to beat the raid on hard mode

What makes it more difficult other than having lvl 30 bad guys?

Valiant 10-08-2014 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10991361)
How did you get it?

And I've knocked a boss off dust palace and they came back

They will be nerfing the living hell out of that gun soon. So if you are going for it, do it quick.

Quesadilla Joe 10-08-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10993637)
What makes it more difficult other than having lvl 30 bad guys?

What makes it hard is not being able to be revived if you go down. Having a couple Warlock's with self revive is essential, and even then the level 30 Pretorians and snipers are really hard to deal with.

jiveturkey 10-08-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10993671)
What makes it hard is not being able to be revived if you go down. Having a couple Warlock's with self revive is essential, and even then the level 30 Pretorians and snipers are really hard to deal with.

Shit! :eek:

Mother****erJones 10-08-2014 09:20 AM

I need to run this raid on hard tonight if anyone wants to. You want to Herpe?

keg in kc 10-08-2014 09:49 AM

I wonder if I'll ever run the raid.

jiveturkey 10-08-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10993973)
I wonder if I'll ever run the raid.

Are you just looking for a group? We're usually looking for 1 or 2 more.

We already knocked it out this week but will likely run it again next week.

keg in kc 10-08-2014 12:36 PM

I'm a bit antisocial... Haven't even tried yet. Sure I will eventually. Not in a big rush, only started doing stuff like nightfall strikes last week.

Mother****erJones 10-08-2014 12:38 PM

This weeks nightfall strike is tough. Anyone beat it?

keg in kc 10-08-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10994396)
This weeks nightfall strike is tough. Anyone beat it?

Yeah. You can basically snipe the entire thing. Each time you enter a new area just stop for a minute and wait. Vex and fallen will literally clear each other out. In the room with the ketch just run back towards where you entered once you start the ghost door opening sequence. High up there's a rock you can hide behind to take out everything safely. Only thing you really have to worry about is hobgoblins. They can kill you really fast so stay covered and get them first. After that don't rush through on a pike but rather take them all out from range. You can clear out everything without taking fire. Then after you clear out the archon priest area once you activate him you can hide safely under the platform to the right of the egg shaped thing he gets out of. Basically just jump on the rock at the left corner of it, crouch and crawl under. As long as you stay in the back or under the stairs you're mostly safe. Basically just kill any of the adds that pester you - be careful of captains - and when you can lay into the archon priest with whatever special and heavy you have. Headshots with sniper rifle when I could and then machine gunning his legs and body when I couldn't seemed to work well.

Yeah, it's cheese, but that's nightfall...

jiveturkey 10-08-2014 01:19 PM

A buddy and I cheesed the nightfall. It's out Tuesday priority due to the XP bonus you get the rest of the week.

He went under the platform and I stayed on the cliff when you first enter. The bad guys would harass him and I'd fire rockets or snipe from the far side of the map. Having an primary that does solar burn helped a lot too.

Mother****erJones 10-08-2014 01:27 PM

Ya I've sniped with my ice breaker what a ****ing beast of a sniper. Only issue is shanks while trying to light up the Archon Priest

jiveturkey 10-08-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10994384)
I'm a bit antisocial... Haven't even tried yet. Sure I will eventually. Not in a big rush, only started doing stuff like nightfall strikes last week.

It's basically become an hour and half of jackassery at this point. One guy on our team always get loot screwed and that's 90% of the reason why I like to do raids. Listening to him blow his lid.

It's worth it though. I'm pretty much 90% purple and yellow on my weapons now and I recently got my first piece of raid gear. It's thoroughly satisfying every time I beat it.

Mother****erJones 10-08-2014 02:38 PM

I've gotten a scout rifle, ton of shards/energys, and boot armor and chest armor

keg in kc 10-08-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10994613)
It's basically become an hour and half of jackassery at this point. One guy on our team always get loot screwed and that's 90% of the reason why I like to do raids. Listening to him blow his lid.

It's worth it though. I'm pretty much 90% purple and yellow on my weapons now and I recently got my first piece of raid gear. It's thoroughly satisfying every time I beat it.

I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Comfortable enough with my gear that I'm spending 175 vanguard marks on a sparrow this week, assuming xur has the exhaust shader I want (blue). Surus and hard light exotic primaries with a variety of purples, pocket infinity special and at least one Supremacy of every damage type, super good advice when I want a machine gun and unfriendly giant when I don't. Need to work on some more purple heavies but blues work fine if there's an arc burn. Armor wise my warlock (28) and Hunter (27) both have a mix of exotic and purple armors tailored to specific weapon types (tho still working on this). No exotic armor yet on my titan (26) and he'll be sporting blue boots until his fwc rep hits rank 2.