ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW new new conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278522)

warpaint* 12-04-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249084)
I was trying to see if there was any connection between Saban and Texas. Which I don't think there is.

Who knows what Meyer knew or didn't know. Have you read The System? They talk extensively about OSU and that program has been dirty for a while. Tressel was in trouble long before anything was made public.

Tressel's a dirt bag no question but it's quite a leap to think he may have known what was coming considering it went down months later AND all of Ohio States behavior dealing w/ it initially was that of a school that had no intention of firing their coach until it got to the point they had no choice in order to escape some of the wrath of the NCAA. Remember some of Gordon Gee's quotes?

The beauty of it is these Big Ten schools like to parade around looking down their noses at the cheaters down south while they pursue academic and athletic excellence when in fact they're football factories cheating away just the same and sought to protect their national championship coach who routinely beat their rival until they could no longer do so.

Eleazar 12-04-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10248996)
I called you what name? Damn cheer up, you take what is said on here too seriously.

I think what he means is, everyone in this thread is trolling and nobody is taking it that seriously.

warpaint* 12-04-2013 10:54 PM

Heh Tressel was cheating at Youngstown St. I think they paid a QB like $100k to go there. Which is nuts considering it's 1aa but they had some rogue booster as the story goes who ran amok while Tressel looked away.

He didn't know he swears.

I believe him I swear.

Jerm 12-04-2013 10:54 PM

I always thought if Saban left Bama and I have my doubts he will, it'd be to jump back to the NFL.

Could see Washington or Dallas trying to lure him back.

Eleazar 12-04-2013 10:58 PM

He doesn't have anything to prove, except maybe that he could use Texas to get the biggest pay rise ever out of Alabama.

warpaint* 12-04-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249079)
I agree. I know the SEC has won 7 straight titles or whatever but there have been certain years where it could be argued that they did not have the best team (or at least another league should have been given the opportunity to prove otherwise)

But yes, the SEC has been and is the best football conference. However there are schools there that have been competing for 50 years and never won the conference. MU is still in that group until they do it. And it won't come without resistance.

The last time someone outside the Big 6 won was a split in 1976 where Kentucky shared with Georgia. Before that it was 1963 with Mississippi!

If Missouri wins Saturday it will make tremendous waves across the conference. There's no doubt in that.

You're right some years are debatable but the counter is that they won all those games ('06, '07) and sometimes decidedly so. In 2011 I have no doubt the 2 best teams played but I think the sport would have been better off as a whole had LSU played OkSt instead. But the Pokes have no one to blame. The rematches are always blah.

I posted that same stat about the Big 6 in our football thread earlier today. It is quite remarkable.

BigMeatballDave 12-04-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10249120)
I always thought if Saban left Bama and I have my doubts he will, it'd be to jump back to the NFL.

Could see Washington or Dallas trying to lure him back.

No way. Too old.

Bambi 12-04-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10249137)
No way. Too old.

Agree. It's zoo much easier for these old guys to coach college. NFL is psycho level year round.

College is banquets and schmoozing.

Bambi 12-04-2013 11:43 PM

Washington job is getting interesting.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyf...aching-search/

Pitt Gorilla 12-04-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10248935)

If Saban loses his offensive coordinator, might it make sense to say, ‘hey, I had a great run at Alabama, let me go double my salary at Texas and clean up in the vastly inferior Big 12 and grab another title or two before retiring.’

Jerm 12-05-2013 03:53 AM

Peterson has rebuffed USC and Oregon in the past...he really gonna leave Boise for.....Washington?

I don't see it.

Saul Good 12-05-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249052)
I'd have to sit and think about the parallels to Urban Meyer at Florida. UM always had ties to Ohio so it wasn't inconceivable that he would jump.

However UT is the ultimate. Everyone here likes to banter back and forth but there isn't a more powerful job in America than Texas. The highest concentration of athletes is in Texas and it really isn't close. What Saban could do there is scary. Especially in a conference that only has Oklahoma as a true blue blood competitor.

Winning a title at UT would cement him as the greatest of all time. Why not make a run at it. I think he's maxed what can be done at BAMA.

The highest concentration of athletes is absolutely not in Texas...and it's not even close. Hell, the highest total number of athletes come out of Florida despite Texas having more population. Louisiana and Mississippi are cranking out football talent. They have the highest concentration, but they have fewer residents in total.

Bambi 12-05-2013 08:31 AM

Oops, I was incorrect. Seems the most NFL talent comes from California.

Texas is only #2

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1368698016

Saul Good 12-05-2013 08:43 AM

Http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1470883

Prison Bitch 12-05-2013 08:53 AM

If Saban really wants to clean up he will take a job in the SEC-E