ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Paxton Lynch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295398)

staylor26 05-05-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12217804)
You are asking me what the difference in level of play is for veterans vs. new guys in the NFL pre-season vs. regular season? Is that your question?

So you're basically saying Okung wasn't trying then? Not going full speed?

Well you obviously didn't watch (which I already knew), if that's your argument. You're just blindly using a comfortable excuse.

Quesadilla Joe 05-05-2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12217739)
No it's not. Lynch is already more mobile, more mobile while throwing, more accurate while moving, and has better touch than Osweiler. As a rookie. Right now Osweiler is the better QB. I would hope so, the guy just spent four years learning how to play the position and has half a season of starts under his belt. But Lynch has more upside.

Lynch also has a bigger arm than Brock and already feels pressure better than Brock does. Lynch is Brock on steroids so to speak, the only thing Brock has over Lynch is experience.

vailpass 05-05-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12217810)
So you're basically saying Okung wasn't trying then? Not going full speed?

Well you obviously didn't watch (which I already knew), if that's your argument. You're just blindly using a comfortable excuse.

Dude. Stop.

staylor26 05-05-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12217837)
Dude. Stop.

You're a ****ing idiot if you believe that. You've brought nothing to this other than "but it was preseason". Weak argument for what occurred in that game, which you 100% didn't watch.

listopencil 05-05-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 12217828)
Lynch also has a bigger arm than Brock and already feels pressure better than Brock does. Lynch is Brock on steroids so to speak, the only thing Brock has over Lynch is experience.

I'm not completely sold on the bigger arm yet but it does look like it. He absolutely did make stronger throws on the run than Oz did though. And, yeah, Lynch did have a much higher awareness than Oz - but it's still comparing college to pro. I'm waiting to see if he can make that transition.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12217896)
I'm not completely sold on the bigger arm yet but it does look like it. He absolutely did make stronger throws on the run than Oz did though. And, yeah, Lynch did have a much higher awareness than Oz - but it's still comparing college to pro. I'm waiting to see if he can make that transition.

QB's in the AFCW are going to be fun to watch this year.

Well, almost....

listopencil 05-05-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12217923)
QB's in the AFCW are going to be fun to watch this year.

Well, almost....

I'm hoping that old Chilidog Buttfumble is competent enough to keep our QB situation very boring.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12217962)
I'm hoping that old Chilidog Buttfumble is competent enough to keep our QB situation very boring.

You never know. He did much better upon leaving NYJ and situations can change things. If he gets his legs, he could turn it on and start ****ing some shit up.

He was pretty ****ing impressive in college.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-05-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12217332)
Teicher claims the Chiefs were absolutely going to draft Lynch, but weren't going to trade up for him, since they lacked ammo due to tampering.

This is such a gut punch for me.

Why? Lynch is nothing special and is nowhere close to NFL ready...probably never will be. Too many warts.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2016 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12217974)
Why? Lynch is nothing special and is nowhere close to NFL ready...probably never will be. Too many warts.

Ever notice how there's always a problem with every QB prospect for 30 years when it comes to the Chiefs?

Yeah, I did.

listopencil 05-05-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12217968)
You never know. He did much better upon leaving NYJ and situations can change things. If he gets his legs, he could turn it on and start ****ing some shit up.

He was pretty ****ing impressive in college.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for competency. He is saying and doing all the right things for now. Our D last year was historically good, and I don't think there is any way they keep from regressing from that level. At the same time our Offense sucked ass much of the time, but they have made moves already to make it better. So...yay, Sanchez can lead us to Offensive mediocrity! Woot!

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12217984)
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for competency. He is saying and doing all the right things for now. Our D last year was historically good, and I don't think there is any way they keep from regressing from that level. At the same time our Offense sucked ass much of the time, but they have made moves already to make it better. So...yay, Sanchez can lead us to Offensive mediocrity! Woot!

So your battles with KC shall be evenly matched!

Pasta Little Brioni 05-05-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12217983)
Ever notice how there's always a problem with every QB prospect for 30 years when it comes to the Chiefs?

Yeah, I did.

Every QB that was a realistic option at the Chiefs pick has sucked monkey nuts in recent years...lynch won't break that trend.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12217997)
Every QB that was a realistic option at the Chiefs pick has sucked monkey nuts in recent years...lynch won't break that trend.

Hindsight is 30/30 and counting.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-05-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12217992)
So your battles with KC shall be evenly matched!

Knowmo would send a load to the moon if Denver had Alex.