ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

oldandslow 02-10-2010 04:52 PM

I am really interested in knowing how they "knew" Sayid was infected from the electric torture/burn.

If you remember Danielle did the same thing to Sayid (the electricity anyway) in season 1 and she determined he was not infected. Now, it's been determined by the Others that he is. So what was the difference in Sayid? If we could figure out the difference between Sayid's "questioning" by the Others and his "questioning" by Danielle, we would have the answer.

Brock 02-10-2010 04:55 PM

Infected by the unclean water in the spring, I guess?

Rausch 02-11-2010 06:07 AM

I'm hoping it's still Sayid.

He and Locke were my favorites on the show and if they're both "compromised" I'm just tuning in just to stare at Kate...

oldandslow 02-11-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 6523867)

He and Locke were my favorites on the show and if they're both "compromised" I'm just tuning in just to stare at Kate...

Kate is pretty, but Claire is absolutely stunning, imo. And I usually prefer dark hair.

BigRedChief 02-11-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 6522788)
I am really interested in knowing how they "knew" Sayid was infected from the electric torture/burn.

If you remember Danielle did the same thing to Sayid (the electricity anyway) in season 1 and she determined he was not infected. Now, it's been determined by the Others that he is. So what was the difference in Sayid? If we could figure out the difference between Sayid's "questioning" by the Others and his "questioning" by Danielle, we would have the answer.

Danielle's torture Sayid was a bad azz. The others torture he was a normal sniveling don't do this man?

Red Brooklyn 02-11-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6523938)
Danielle's torture Sayid was a bad azz. The others torture he was a normal sniveling don't do this man?

That's a really interesting observation. It hadn't crossed my mind while watching, but yeah. Good call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 6523867)

Is that really so bad? Kate's gorgeous! :p

Chiefnj2 02-11-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6521759)
got ya.. Do you think that Poison pill that Dogen wanted to give Sayid would have killed him? or was it a remedy?

I think it was poison, but it all goes back to the theme that things have to be done voluntarily or with free will/choice. Ghengis Khan could have killed Sayid while torturing him. Instead he had to give the pill to Jack so Sayid could take it voluntarily.

I think that is part of the reason why they let Sawyer walk away so easily. He didn't really want to be there and Kate said she could get him back on his own free will.

Mr. Plow 02-11-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6524107)
I think it was poison, but it all goes back to the theme that things have to be done voluntarily or with free will/choice. Ghengis Khan could have killed Sayid while torturing him. Instead he had to give the pill to Jack so Sayid could take it voluntarily.

I think that is part of the reason why they let Sawyer walk away so easily. He didn't really want to be there and Kate said she could get him back on his own free will.

Think back to the conversation Hugo had with Jacob in the cab and the conversation between Ben & Jacob in the statue......"You have a choice" was the main theme - I think he couldn't force them to do anything they didn't want to.

keg in kc 02-11-2010 11:07 PM

I'm not sure why, but I'm developing an even greater sense that they're just making shit up as they go along this year than I already had. Even though I know they had everything laid out years ago. I'll keep watching until the end, I mean I'm this many years in so why stop, but so far this season's not doing much for me.

L.A. Chieffan 02-11-2010 11:41 PM

was this the first episode that mack was in? i dont remember him in the other episodes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck 02-11-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 6526457)
was this the first episode that mack was in? i dont remember him in the other episodes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Naw he was guarding Room 23 when they rescue Karl.

BigRedChief 02-12-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6526389)
I'm not sure why, but I'm developing an even greater sense that they're just making shit up as they go along this year than I already had. Even though I know they had everything laid out years ago. I'll keep watching until the end, I mean I'm this many years in so why stop, but so far this season's not doing much for me.

They have said on numerous occasions that before they actually wrote the first episode they had an ending for the story. They may have winged it as they went along during the story arc but the the story arc's were set before the first episode aired. Or so they say...

tymania 02-12-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6526703)
They have said on numerous occasions that before they actually wrote the first episode they had an ending for the story. They may have winged it as they went along during the story arc but the the story arc's were set before the first episode aired. Or so they say...

i would agree, they would at least have to have some sort of idea of direction they want to go.. i just hope end doesnt it like the Sopranos.. Leaving you to decide what happens and what not

Huffmeister 02-12-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6526707)
i just hope end doesnt it like the Sopranos.. Leaving you to decide what happens and what not

I agree. I've always felt that "leave it to the audience's imagination" was a cop out. It's ok for small things, like the reference to Han Solo's run-in with a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell. But for something big like a series finale (ala Sopranos), it's just lazy writing. Your basically saying "I wrote this complex tapestry of a story, and I have no idea how to wrap it up."

BigRedChief 02-12-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6526707)
i just hope end doesnt it like the Sopranos.. Leaving you to decide what happens and what not

It was great up to 5 seconds before the end. Either show him getting whacked or just show another normal day in his life, eating dinner out with the family. The story continues on....But don't leave people guessing which one it was.

That was one of the biggest cop outs evah. Lame azz BS.

tymania 02-12-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6526740)
It was great up to 5 seconds before the end. Either show him getting whacked or just show another normal day in his life, eating dinner out with the family. The story continues on....But don't leave people guessing which one it was.

Yea i was pissed, they had the Journey song going and i was like alllright here it comes he is gonna finally get whacked... and then BLACK.. F THAT, i was soo mad!

Baby Lee 02-12-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6526740)

The more time passes, the more I LOVE the ending of The Sopranos. First off, you may have forgotten, but we were dropped into Tony's life just as abruptly at the start of the series with some unknown guy who sees some ducks in his back yard pool and has a panic attack. Second, that build with no payoff left us with what I envision as the underlying unease of the entirety of Tony's existence. It encapsulated the themes of the show in just a few moments. His life centers around his immediate family [with whom he's having a meal] but they're in the position they're in [wealthy, lots of options for their futures] because of Tony's 'business' and Tony bears the weight of the shadier sides of said business alone as there are dangers and threats all around him that he can't even reveal to his family. So he goes through life looking out for the bullet to the brainpan while trying to pretend he's just a husband and father. And with that ending, he's forever in that moment for us, just as he's forever in that moment in his own life.

L.A. Chieffan 02-12-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6527086)
The more time passes, the more I LOVE the ending of The Sopranos. First off, you may have forgotten, but we were dropped into Tony's life just as abruptly at the start of the series with some unknown guy who sees some ducks in his back yard pool and has a panic attack. Second, that build with no payoff left us with what I envision as the underlying unease of the entirety of Tony's existence. It encapsulated the themes of the show in just a few moments. His life centers around his immediate family [with whom he's having a meal] but they're in the position they're in [wealthy, lots of options for their futures] because of Tony's 'business' and Tony bears the weight of the shadier sides of said business alone as there are dangers and threats all around him that he can't even reveal to his family. So he goes through life looking out for the bullet to the brainpan while trying to pretend he's just a husband and father. And with that ending, he's forever in that moment for us, just as he's forever in that moment in his own life.

This. All the way this. Although honestly, I thought it was great from the beginning. If he got shot on screen or arrested or anything else for that matter, most of us would have put T behind and us and never looked back. How many shows end the way it did? The genius of the ending is that we will forever remember him eating his onion rings and Journey playing. There's more to the show than just him ultimately getting wacked. Much much more.

I cant hear that song anymore and not think of that scene

tymania 02-12-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6527086)

Well put! I just remember being so pissed when the show ended like that..
I just hope LOST doesn’t have an ending similar to the sopranos.. there are too many questions that would be left un answered.. and I know they wont answer them all by the end of the series, but I hope they tie up the series well enough to leave you satisfied with the answers you got..

L.A. Chieffan 02-12-2010 10:58 AM

Almost evey episode of Lost has been like a mini-version of the Sopranos Finale. It wouldnt be the same if they ended it that way.

BigRedChief 02-12-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 6527098)
I cant hear that song anymore and not think of that scene

Did you see Kenny Mayne's parady of the Sporano's final scene with the Cowboys Sprano and Tony Romo? Hilarious.

Mr. Plow 02-12-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6527099)
Well put! I just remember being so pissed when the show ended like that..
I just hope LOST doesn’t have an ending similar to the sopranos.. there are too many questions that would be left un answered.. and I know they wont answer them all by the end of the series, but I hope they tie up the series well enough to leave you satisfied with the answers you got..

There was an interview a little while ago that one of the directors (or someone) said essentially that the ending will leave us hanging to an extent. That not everything will be resolved and leave the questions/answers to the public.

I'm not planning on having a definitive explanation of the show - much like with Sopranos.

Red Brooklyn 02-12-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6527185)
There was an interview a little while ago that one of the directors (or someone) said essentially that the ending will leave us hanging to an extent. That not everything will be resolved and leave the questions/answers to the public.

This.

But Damon and Carlton have both mentioned the Soprano's ending several times. They assure us that the ending won't be that extremely unresolved. There will be a final image; a final moment.

I'm sure there will be a level of healthy wondering after the final frame. But with that, I'm sure the larger picture will be intact and the most significant anwers delivered.

tymania 02-12-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6527175)
Did you see Kenny Mayne's parady of the Sporano's final scene with the Cowboys Sprano and Tony Romo? Hilarious.

yeah it was.. i love kenny mayne.. they need to give him his own show

Red Brooklyn 02-13-2010 01:19 PM

FWIW...

Greg Nations (the guy in charge of LOST continuity) as confirmed that the date on the sonagram contains both and "error and a clue."

Common thought is that it's supposed to be 9.22.04. The error being the month. The clue being the year.

MaxFects 02-16-2010 04:50 AM

it was pretty obvious tony soprano was killed. Godfather reference and the convo he had with bobby on the boat about death and not hearing it when it happens.

Buck 02-16-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6529275)
FWIW...

Greg Nations (the guy in charge of LOST continuity) as confirmed that the date on the sonagram contains both and "error and a clue."

Common thought is that it's supposed to be 9.22.04. The error being the month. The clue being the year.

On the Jay and Jack podcast one of their listeners emailed in and said that his wife just had a sonogram and the date on the sonogram is the due date, not the date of the sonogram.

Buck 02-16-2010 08:19 AM

Oh and I think I may be done w/ this thread until the show ends.

I don't want to chance some fuqtard n00b coming in and spoiling the whole show for me.

Mr. Plow 02-16-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6535777)

I don't want to chance some fuqtard n00b coming in and spoiling the whole show for me.

Here comes the Whaaaaaambulance. :D

Mr. Plow 02-16-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

You better screen your Xbox Live msgs man....I might accidentally send you some details about the season. :)

BigRedChief 02-16-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFects (Post 6535722)
it was pretty obvious tony soprano was killed. Godfather reference and the convo he had with bobby on the boat about death and not hearing it when it happens.

There was no gunman near him when it went dark. It's not obvious to anyone except you.

007 02-16-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

It has been no different than previous years in this thread. I don't get what you are so upset about. If you don't want to read the thread then fine. It doesn't require informing us though.

Buck 02-16-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6537612)
It has been no different than previous years in this thread. I don't get what you are so upset about. If you don't want to read the thread then fine. It doesn't require informing us though.

I wasnt talking about the regulars, I know you wouldn't spoil it.

But what if some dick like Marlboro Chief looked up the ending and came in here and posted it?

I've got 5 seasons vested in the show, I think it might be a good idea to not check this thread just in case a dickhead shows up and wants to spoil our fun.

007 02-16-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6537651)
I wasnt talking about the regulars, I know you wouldn't spoil it.

But what if some dick like Marlboro Chief looked up the ending and came in here and posted it?

I've got 5 seasons vested in the show, I think it might be a good idea to not check this thread just in case a dickhead shows up and wants to spoil our fun.

Thats fine. I don't mean to sound like a jerk about it. Just didn't see the point of letting us all know you are not posting anymore because of spoilers.

I don't think we have ever had somebody come into this thread and purposely try to spoil future eps and I don't think that will happen in the future either.

Well, with the exception of those of us having a little fun with you last week using the spoiler buttons. :evil:

Buck 02-16-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6537675)
Thats fine. I don't mean to sound like a jerk about it. Just didn't see the point of letting us all know you are not posting anymore because of spoilers.

I don't think we have ever had somebody come into this thread and purposely try to spoil future eps and I don't think that will happen in the future either.

Well, with the exception of those of us having a little fun with you last week using the spoiler buttons. :evil:

Ok, well next time I ever see you thinking out loudly in a thread I am calling you out on it.

007 02-16-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6537678)
Ok, well next time I ever see you thinking out loudly in a thread I am calling you out on it.

So we can't discuss where we think the show is heading with its plot now. That is the whole point of the thread, to discuss the show.

Buck 02-16-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6537686)
So we can't discuss where we think the show is heading with its plot now. That is the whole point of the thread, to discuss the show.

Dude, spoiler away in spoiler tags. I'm saying someone is gonna come in here an post a spoiler without tags.

Did you forget your Geritol today???

:evil:

And, I never said you couldn't????

007 02-16-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6537689)
Dude, spoiler away in spoiler tags. I'm saying someone is gonna come in here an post a spoiler without tags.

Did you forget your Geritol today???

:evil:

And, I never said you couldn't????

I'm surprised you even know what Geritol is. :thumb:

I still don't think anyone is going to pop in here and do that. But, if they do, you will see heads roll!!!!

irishjayhawk 02-16-2010 07:24 PM

SNAPE KILLS LOCKE!

BigRedChief 02-16-2010 10:12 PM

Wellll at least we know where the numbers come from.

007 02-16-2010 11:36 PM

Slightly underwhelmed by that ep considering most had already figured out the numbers were directly related to the people.

One thing that I do question though, Locke crossed off Ford's name before he had made any decisions about his fate with the island.

irishjayhawk 02-17-2010 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6538314)
Slightly underwhelmed by that ep considering most had already figured out the numbers were directly related to the people.

One thing that I do question though, Locke crossed off Ford's name before he had made any decisions about his fate with the island.

I only remember him crossing off Locke. I musta missed that.

I thought it was an underwhelming episode compared to last week information wise. I thought it was a supremely better acted and more believable episode than last week's - both story lines included.

007 02-17-2010 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6538512)
I only remember him crossing off Locke. I musta missed that.

I thought it was an underwhelming episode compared to last week information wise. I thought it was a supremely better acted and more believable episode than last week's - both story lines included.

I'll have to go back and watch it again. Maybe he was talking about Ford but crossing off Locke. I just know that, in my mind, I thought he was crossing off Ford.

irishjayhawk 02-17-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6538514)
I'll have to go back and watch it again. Maybe he was talking about Ford but crossing off Locke. I just know that, in my mind, I thought he was crossing off Ford.

He pointed to Ford and then told him about his options and crossed Locke's name off.

The more intriguing point is that if the sliding doors are actually happening as opposed to a what-if window, we already know that Fake Locke wins as the Island is below the water.

I guess the only way that isn't true is that to protect the island they sank it.

007 02-17-2010 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6538515)
He pointed to Ford and then told him about his options and crossed Locke's name off.

The more intriguing point is that if the sliding doors are actually happening as opposed to a what-if window, we already know that Fake Locke wins as the Island is below the water.

I guess the only way that isn't true is that to protect the island they sank it.

You are right. I just saw something that wasn't there. Found this on another site...

"Sawyer noticed that many candidate names were crossed out. The Man in Black proceeded to cross out Locke's name and implied that if Sawyer did not join him, his name might be crossed out too."

Here is a link that goes over all the "candidates" as mentioned in the show last night. I don't think there are any spoilers but click at your own risk, Buck.:evil:

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Candidates

tymania 02-17-2010 08:20 AM

I wonder what Jacob was protecting the island from? the Man in Black maybe??

SO now they buried Locke.. i guess that kinda kills our theory that the Man in Black can only take on peoples images or persona if they are dead and not buried. Or maybe once he has taken over their image or persona, maybe it doesnt matter if the person gets buried?!

tymania 02-17-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6538056)
Wellll at least we know where the numbers come from.

True.. I wonder what the importance of the number next to their name is though? some kind of order of which who is more qualified to be a replacement/candidate?!

BigRedChief 02-17-2010 08:55 AM

The kid telling the smoke monster that he can't kill jacob because it violates the rules sounds like jacob is coming back. I hope that protecting the island doesn't just mean protecting it from the smoke monster dude. And why protect the island at all? What does it actually do? Whats the end game of the island? I hope they don't leave that hanging.

And wheres Walt? I thought he was suppose to be abig answer to the questions on the island.

arrowheadnation 02-17-2010 09:11 AM

Well....I was sort of right about the numbers.

tymania 02-17-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6538615)
The kid telling the smoke monster that he can't kill jacob because it violates the rules sounds like jacob is coming back. I hope that protecting the island doesn't just mean protecting it from the smoke monster dude. And why protect the island at all? What does it actually do? Whats the end game of the island? I hope they don't leave that hanging.

And wheres Walt? I thought he was suppose to be abig answer to the questions on the island.

I am sure they will leave some that hanging.. Hopefully we find out what the island actually is or what it suppose to do and why it is so important..

tymania 02-17-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarowheadnation (Post 6538641)
Well....I was sort of right about the numbers.

you were right about the numbers.. Just not the alphabetic order thing.. I wonder why the Losties on the list are all under 100 and then some are in the 700's.. there has to be some significance of what number each name is associated to..

Chiefnj2 02-17-2010 09:28 AM

I'm not convinced yet that smokey/mib is bad and Jacob is good. Jacob has been bringing a lot of people "candidates" to the island and a lot of them have died.

FWIW, here is a list from dark ufo of the names on the cave wall:

4 - Locke (John)
8 - Reyes (Hurley)
10 - Mattingley - Other
15 - Ford (James)
16 - Jarrah (Sayid)
23 - Shephard (Jack)
31 - Rutherford (Shannon)
42 - Kwon (Jin or Sun)
56 - Burke - (Juliet)
64 - Goodspeed (Horace, Ethan)
70 - Faraday (Daniel)
73 - Costa - ?
90 - Troupe - ?
115 - Bargas - ?
117 - Linus (Ben, Roger)
119 - Almeida - ?
142 - Lewis (Charlotte)
171 - Straume (Miles)
195 - Pace (Charlie)
222 - O'Toole - U.S. Military
233 - Jones - U.S. Military
291 - Domingo - U.S. Military
313 - Littleton (Claire or Aaron)
317 - Cunningham - U.S. Military
337 - Martin (Karl) - Other
346 - Grant - U.S. Military

Partial
20 - Rous (Possibly Rousseau)
25 - ___
30 - ___
33 - ___
49 - Cha (Possibly Chang)
62 - ___
251 - ___
260 - ___
272 - ___
285 - Jen (Possibly Jenkins)
330 - ___
__ - Reynolds
__ - Sullivan
__ - Lacombe

Wrasse 02-17-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6538673)
you were right about the numbers.. Just not the alphabetic order thing.. I wonder why the Losties on the list are all under 100 and then some are in the 700's.. there has to be some significance of what number each name is associated to..

Must be how strong a candidate they are? (how easy to manipulate/how malleable?)

I dunno but hope the next few episodes shed more light on the island and its significance because this show is wearing me out once again. :) I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.

By the way...this story is beginning to more and more seem like that old Myst PC game where the two brothers (or whatever they were) who were trapped in books tried to manipulate the main character (you) into taking their place so they could be free. If I'm remembering it right...been a long time.

PhillyChiefFan 02-17-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

I heard that Walt grew so much that it was a problem for the writers to bring him back into the plot. But I don't know.

Maybe he still is being brought back? :shrug:

BigRedChief 02-17-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 6539447)
I heard that Walt grew so much that it was a problem for the writers to bring him back into the plot. But I don't know.

Maybe he still is being brought back? :shrug:

no way, with the way they time travel in this series? jump back and forth.

Chiefnj2 02-17-2010 02:49 PM

Somebody else caught this from the episode:

"What do you say we just get my parents, and your dad, and do it shotgun style in Vegas."
- That's what Peggy Bundy said to Locke. I guess Lock's dad isn't a bad guy in the new Alt time line.

tymania 02-17-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6539764)

"What do you say we just get my parents, and your dad, and do it shotgun style in Vegas."
- That's what Peggy Bundy said to Locke. I guess Lock's dad isn't a bad guy in the new Alt time line.

maybe he isnt... but then how did he get paralyzed?!?

Huffmeister 02-17-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6539764)

Yeah, I picked up on that, too. It would explain why he's still with her in 2004, since she wouldn't have left him due to his obsession with his father.

The question is, if Locke's father isn't a bad guy, how did Locke become paralyzed?

Edit: tymania beat me to it!

mikeyis4dcats. 02-17-2010 03:52 PM

Helen and Locke met at therapy, so he must have been obsessed but gotten over it

Shag 02-17-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

I thought the kid might have been talking about Sawyer when he said "you can't kill him". We already knew that Jacob and the MIB couldn't kill each other (why repeat it?), so perhaps they can't kill the candidates, either?

It could potentially be foreshadowing Jacob's return, but at this point, Jacob is still dead, as far as we know...

Shag 02-17-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankerskull (Post 6539886)
Yeah, I picked up on that, too. It would explain why he's still with her in 2004, since she wouldn't have left him due to his obsession with his father.

The question is, if Locke's father isn't a bad guy, how did Locke become paralyzed?

Edit: tymania beat me to it!

It seems that major life events for the main players stays the same in both timelines. Locke is still paralyzed, Kate's still a fugitive, Hurley's still a lottery winner, Charlie's still an addict, etc. I think their "destinies" will remain the same, though how they get there may be different...

DaKCMan AP 02-18-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6540824)
I thought the kid might have been talking about Sawyer when he said "you can't kill him". We already knew that Jacob and the MIB couldn't kill each other (why repeat it?), so perhaps they can't kill the candidates, either?

It could potentially be foreshadowing Jacob's return, but at this point, Jacob is still dead, as far as we know...

I couldn't tell if the kid was talking about Sawyer or Richard. I don't think he was talking about Jacob.

cookster50 02-18-2010 07:07 AM

I was wondering about something. The lady with Sun and the captain said the smoke monster was locked into the Locke form. Yet we saw him as smokey when he was going through Otherville and heard the music playing from Sawyers place. So what did the lady mean? Just that he couldn't assume a different persons form(ie, no more daddy for jack, etc)?

tymania 02-18-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 6541287)
I was wondering about something. The lady with Sun and the captain said the smoke monster was locked into the Locke form. Yet we saw him as smokey when he was going through Otherville and heard the music playing from Sawyers place. So what did the lady mean? Just that he couldn't assume a different persons form(ie, no more daddy for jack, etc)?

My guess would be that the man in black aka the smoke monster is "trapped" in Locke form.. he mentioned it a couple of times that he was trapped and all he wanted to do was go was home.. i wonder where home is!?!

Mr. Plow 02-18-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6541315)
My guess would be that the man in black aka the smoke monster is "trapped" in Locke form.. he mentioned it a couple of times that he was trapped and all he wanted to do was go was home.. i wonder where home is!?!

Obviously "home" is somewhere off the island - or at least that is what they are leading towards. My guess is that smokey can't leave the island without the next "Jacob" - and he either knows, or believes, Sawyer is the next Jacob.

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6541417)
Obviously "home" is somewhere off the island - or at least that is what they are leading towards. My guess is that smokey can't leave the island without the next "Jacob" - and he either knows, or believes, Sawyer is the next Jacob.

I don't think he can leave until he finds someone to replace himself, which is why he's trying to convince Sawyer to follow him.

I don't think Sawyer's buying his act.

Mr. Plow 02-18-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6541771)
I don't think he can leave until he finds someone to replace himself, which is why he's trying to convince Sawyer to follow him.

Could be. Maybe he has to find a "Jacob" and a "Smokey" before he can leave.

tymania 02-18-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6541771)

i dont think Sawyer is buying it either.. he is just playing along until the moment is right

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6541791)
Could be. Maybe he has to find a "Jacob" and a "Smokey" before he can leave.

Well, it's clear that Jacob and MIB were on the island before the Black Rock.

It's also clear that Jacob can leave and come back to the island but the MIB cannot.

It also appears that once they take human form, they're ageless.

They're most certainly playing a game, where dark and light are balanced (the "scale" scene). Once the game is out of balance, there are consequences.

I think these consequences are the big secret.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-18-2010 01:03 PM

I'd still like to know how Richard fits in with Jacob and MIB. He also is ageless and pops up in the real world.

tymania 02-18-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6542004)
Well, it's clear that Jacob and MIB were on the island before the Black Rock.

It's also clear that Jacob can leave and come back to the island but the MIB cannot.

It also appears that once they take human form, they're ageless.

They're most certainly playing a game, where dark and light are balanced (the "scale" scene). Once the game is out of balance, there are consequences.

I think these consequences are the big secret.

on the whole light and dark thing.... remember in the first season when Locke was explaining on how to play backgammon, i think that was the game, to Walt.. and he said there is a light side and a dark side.. Just thought that was kind of interesting foreshadowing..

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6542263)
I'd still like to know how Richard fits in with Jacob and MIB. He also is ageless and pops up in the real world.

Jacob made him who he is - he's already admitted to that. Just like Ben Linus was able to go between worlds at Jacob's behest, Richard is as well.

The MIB apparently isn't allowed to leave the island for any reason.

keg in kc 02-18-2010 07:47 PM

I really liked this week's ep. Then again I've always liked Locke-centric episodes, but still, really good.

cookster50 02-19-2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6541315)

But it showed him in smokey form going through the jungle until he got to richard and turned back into Locke form.

tymania 02-19-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 6544012)
But it showed him in smokey form going through the jungle until he got to richard and turned back into Locke form.

Sorry I meant that he couldnt take anyone elses form.. meaning he can only be the smoke monster and Locke

arrowheadnation 02-19-2010 09:44 AM

Anyone get the impression that this whole thing is going to end with everybody dying and Jack (new jacob) and Locke (man in black) sitting on the beach waiting for the next "group/list" to arrive?

L.A. Chieffan 02-19-2010 09:49 AM

What happened to the black guy (Michael?) and his kid? How come they're not in the Alt. Universe?

DaKCMan AP 02-19-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 6544215)
What happened to the black guy (Michael?) and his kid? How come they're not in the Alt. Universe?

They got eaten by smokey-sharks from 1973 who then time-traveled forward to assume the human form of dead-but-then-alive Sayid.

tymania 02-19-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 6544215)

Micheal died when the freighter blew up... Walt... i believe last he was seen on the show he lived with his Gma in the real world.. Not sure if he is going to make another appearance on the show or not

tymania 02-19-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarowheadnation (Post 6544207)
Anyone get the impression that this whole thing is going to end with everybody dying and Jack (new jacob) and Locke (man in black) sitting on the beach waiting for the next "group/list" to arrive?

i have ponder that.. but when i was thinking about it.. i was thinking Jack and Sawyer.. Jack good(light side) sawyer bad(dark side)