ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Sandy Vagina 11-01-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 10146873)
I was just doing some analysis of the top teams, and I found out that there is a strong correlation between having a good record and the starting QB fumbling:

Manning (7-1) - 4 fumbles lost
Luck (5-2) - 1 fumble lost
Wilson (7-1) - 5 fumbles lost
Brees (6-1) - 0 fumbles lost
Kaepernick (6-2) - 4 fumbles lost
Dalton (6-3) - 2 fumbles lost
Stafford (5-3) - 2 fumbles lost

As you can see, 6 of the 7 top teams have QB's who lead the league in fumbles lost. Manning (4) has the 2nd most to Wilson (5), who are both top notch QB's on arguably the two best teams in the league. Where does Alex Smith rank, you might ask? He's DEAD LAST. ZERO fumbles lost.

How the **** are we supposed to win games if our QB isn't fumbling more?? OBVIOUSLY lost fumbles corresponds with winning football games! Come on Alex, just drop a ball or two a game and then the offense will really take off!

Good looking out. I was wondering about QB fumble totals, as I watch some of these QBs fumbling quite a bit. Aside from the low INTs for Alex, the fumbles he hasn't given up are also very advantageous.

... and just throwing it out there, KC is still top 10 in most team drops... and still bottom 10 in OL pass protection... and still #1 in most offensive penalties.

Nightfyre 11-01-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

I was just doing some analysis of the top teams, and I found out that there is a strong correlation between having a good record and the starting QB fumbling:

As you can see, 6 of the 7 top teams have QB's who lead the league in fumbles lost. Manning (4) has the 2nd most to Wilson (5), who are both top notch QB's on arguably the two best teams in the league. Where does Alex Smith rank, you might ask? He's DEAD LAST. ZERO fumbles lost.

How the **** are we supposed to win games if our QB isn't fumbling more?? OBVIOUSLY lost fumbles corresponds with winning football games! Come on Alex, just drop a ball or two a game and then the offense will really take off!

I am not really seeing the "strong correlation" you are seeing here.

ChiefsCountry 11-01-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10147445)
I am not really seeing the "strong correlation" you are seeing here.

Its like when BlackBob tried telling everybody that a first round cornerback was needed for a Super Bowl.

Bearcat 11-01-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

I guess the whole risk/reward thing is just completely lost on some.... part of the reason they're so good is they take risks, whether it's throwing the ball into coverage or taking deep chances, holding onto the ball until the last possible moment or just a second longer, etc.

So, in that sense, Smith is the perfect quarterback for this franchise.

Marcellus 11-01-2013 03:52 PM

LMAO some of you are hilariously clueless.

He wasn't trying to make an actual correlation between fumbling and winning he was showing how you can use stats to "attempt" to prove any point including a negative one like fumbling.

The point is statistics can be cherry picked and manipulated.

Bearcat 11-01-2013 03:55 PM

Well, yeah...

Marcellus 11-01-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10147500)
Well, yeah...

We all want Smith to throw down field more and with more accuracy. Its not like we are on different pages here.

That being said he doesn't need to be top 5 in the league in that category to win.

He has thrown the ball 80 more times than Russel and almost 100 more than Kap, and he is doing it in an offense that features the short passing game.

His YPC is never going to be great.

Hammock Parties 11-01-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10147509)

Neither will our offense...

Marcellus 11-01-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10147511)
Neither will our offense...

We don't need a great offense. We need a decent one.

Clay you want to move back to 2003 land don't ya?

Hammock Parties 11-01-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10147513)
We don't need a great offense. We need a decent one.

Wish in one hand and shit in the other...

Nightfyre 11-01-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10147490)
LMAO some of you are hilariously clueless.

He wasn't trying to make an actual correlation between fumbling and winning he was showing how you can use stats to "attempt" to prove any point including a negative one like fumbling.

The point is statistics can be cherry picked and manipulated.

I understand what point he was trying to make. I am just pointing out that it was a really shitty attempt.

Bearcat 11-01-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

We all want Smith to throw down field more and with more accuracy. Its not like we are on different pages here.

That being said he doesn't need to be top 5 in the league in that category to win.

He has thrown the ball 80 more times than Russel and almost 100 more than Kap, and he is doing it in an offense that features the short passing game.

The 2nd half of the Giants game had me thinking there was something to all of the "he needs time in a new system blah blah"... haven't watched much the past couple of weeks, but not sure why it hasn't continued to improve, outside of playing against the Titans' and Texans' top 10 pass defense. Unless the defense is spectacular (which I'm certainly not ruling out), we'll see what he can do when his only option is to be more aggressive.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-01-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Yeah, at this point I'll happily settle for "made a play", or "converted a third".

I know, I know; I ASK FOR TOO MUCH!

MeatRock 11-01-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10147626)
LMAO

Yeah, at this point I'll happily settle for "made a play", or "converted a third".

I know, I know; I ASK FOR TOO MUCH!

:rolleyes:

Marcellus 11-01-2013 05:07 PM

NFL Live on ESPN just put up this graphic.

Teams with the most pass attempts of 10 yards or less in order -

1. Lions 233
2.Broncos 229
3.Bengals 226
4.Browns 225
5.Chiefs 221

LMAO yea Clay you gots to chuck it to win in this league.

Another example of your cluelessness.