ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Molitoth 01-05-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9285357)
No. He isn't going to magically become a different quarterback if he plays in a different one-off game with a week of practice and a bunch of people he doesn't know.

The quarterback he is, the accurate, mobile, strong-armed, heady guy with a release that would instantly be top 5 in the NFL, has been there all season. Besides, who ever thought of taking a quarterback number 1 because he had a good Senior Bowl?

Every perceived flaw he has is either correctable or a result of garbage playcalling.

He's the guy.

This. One game does not change my mind. I judge based on a body of work, which is the reason I can put the pinstripe bowl behind me.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9286056)
8325 posts will do that.

Oh it's the whole board today

RealSNR 01-05-2013 07:08 PM

It might just be me, but I don't think a single post of mine has ever been duped. Weird.

aturnis 01-05-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9286011)
way to be mature

If you came looking for maturity, you'll find none here. Go drink some antifreeze noob.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9286101)
It might just be me, but I don't think a single post of mine has ever been duped. Weird.

That's because the server knows your posts suck

Setsuna 01-05-2013 08:35 PM

Most of these dumb Jags fans think yall are getting Joeckel with the first pick and not Geno Smith. I even linked them this thread and they still are clueless. I have just explained to them the SOC movement and hopefully that will convince them.

AussieChiefsFan 01-05-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9286503)
Most of these dumb Jags fans think yall are getting Joeckel with the first pick and not Geno Smith. I even linked them this thread and they still are clueless. I have just explained to them the SOC movement and hopefully that will convince them.

Let them think that all they want LMAO

RealSNR 01-05-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9286503)

Who the **** do they think is going to play QB for us? Matt ****ing Cassel? :facepalm:

CaliforniaChief 01-05-2013 10:55 PM

Understand that not only are we damaged as a fanbase from our inability to pick a QB in the first round, but other fans have also just come to accept that when it comes to QB's, we'll always take someone else's leftovers.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285293)
If Smith is advised by his agent to participate in the Senior Bowl and he plays, his agent is clearly worried about his draft status.

Exactly.

If he declines an invite to the Senior Bowl, he's likely being/been advised that he's going to be the #1/#2 overall pick if he just stays out of sight and does nothing.

jd1020 01-05-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9287046)
Exactly.

If he declines an invite to the Senior Bowl, he's likely being/been advised that he's going to be the #1/#2 overall pick if he just stays out of sight and does nothing.

I can't imagine that he or his agent is satisfied with where he's at on draftboards.

Haven't there been reports from actual team scouts that aren't lining up for Geno's services.

Senior Bowl is one of the last opportunities to separate yourself from the pack. I doubt he passes it up or he risks being passed up.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9287080)
I can't imagine that he or his agent is satisfied with where he's at on draftboards.

Haven't there been reports from actual team scouts that aren't lining up for Geno's services.

Senior Bowl is one of the last opportunities to separate yourself from the pack. I doubt he passes it up or he risks being passed up.

Every mock draft I've seen lately has him going #1. I haven't read much from actual NFL team scouts yet.

But it's a pretty safe bet that if he's not at the top of the boards, he'll play. If he's already at the top of most boards, he won't.

I could see Tyler Wilson passing him but that's about it.

jd1020 01-05-2013 11:16 PM

Mock drafts don't mean anything, especially this early.

Bewbies 01-05-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9287102)
Mock drafts don't mean anything, especially this early.

More like ever.

jd1020 01-05-2013 11:20 PM

I wouldn't say ever. Once you start getting closer to the actual draft people start getting inside information and mocks start transforming into where teams are leaning instead of the mockers personal opinion.