ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196570)

TrickyNicky 04-27-2011 04:51 PM

Martin officially finished the book today and submitted it to the publisher. His blog has a big picture of Kong dead. Damn I can't wait.

Buck 04-27-2011 05:09 PM

Did they kill the Butcher's boy or just severely beat him?

NewChief 04-27-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7596646)

The hound ran him down and kills him. Ned asks him, and the hound says, "he ran.... Just not very fast." It's one of the things in the book that really characterizes the Hound as a cold blooded villain at this point.

Pants 04-27-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7596670)
The hound ran him down and kills him. Ned asks him, and the hound says, "he ran.... Just not very fast." It's one of the things in the book that really characterizes the Hound as a cold blooded villain at this point.

Cleganes are just huge pieces of shit, man.

keg in kc 04-27-2011 11:35 PM

The hound isn't quite as dastardly as he needs to be. The stuff he doesn't later isn't going to seem so odd with him almost being likeable.

Swanman 04-28-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7596646)

Almost cleaved in half, so killed.

Pants 04-28-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7597731)
The hound isn't quite as dastardly as he needs to be. The stuff he doesn't later isn't going to seem so odd with him almost being likeable.

Agreed.

underEJ 04-28-2011 10:56 AM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ebating-182301

Shag 04-28-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7597731)

Agreed 100%. One of my few complaints so far...

Bowser 04-28-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 7598740)

LMAO

Those guys win the Fanboy Wars.

kcxiv 04-29-2011 03:07 PM

I just bought the books on Amazon, they were 17 bucks for 4 books. Had 10 bucks credit, so not to bad for me. I should have them monday.

WoodDraw 05-01-2011 02:20 PM

I just finished the second book. I'm finding more and more that there are certain characters and story lines I just don't give a **** about. Daenerys is firmly in that category. Really, anytime the story moves away from the the Starks and Lannisters, it just slows down so much for me.

I won't spoil anything, but Theon only became interesting to me towards the end of the book, for obvious reasons. Davos was okay, but still very mehhh.

Not that I don't like it. I'll still pick up the next book...

allen_kcCard 05-01-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 7611668)
I just finished the second book. I'm finding more and more that there are certain characters and story lines I just don't give a **** about. Daenerys is firmly in that category. Really, anytime the story moves away from the the Starks and Lannisters, it just slows down so much for me.

I won't spoil anything, but Theon only became interesting to me towards the end of the book, for obvious reasons. Davos was okay, but still very mehhh.

Not that I don't like it. I'll still pick up the next book...

I see what you mean, but I think she becomes to integral to the story before it ends that he knew he had to develop her well all along or else it would be like a WTF sort of blindside when she all the sudden lands on the shores of Westeros. The story doesn't take up THAT much of the content. I have a harder time reading about the guy with gout or whatever down south than that part....not sure how that part comes into play other then fleshing out what happened with Gregor Clegane and killing the chick and her kids during the rebellion.

Red Brooklyn 05-01-2011 03:39 PM

I think Daenerys is one of the most fascinating and well rounded characters in the series. She only gets more interesting to me with each book.

Otherwise I would agree, WoodDraw. The second book is my least favorite so far. The next one (Storm Of Swords) is one of my favorite books ever. In any genre.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2011 07:21 PM

Ugh, this episode is boring so far. talktalktalktalktalk