ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet The Hootie thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255055)

Titty Meat 01-15-2012 01:36 PM

Flop using your example: There's a good chance Saul could win the thing because he's an active poster and his posts can be annoying. In real life there wouldn't be anything warranting some sort of punishment based on what Saul says.

Slainte 01-15-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298183)
It isn't a mods job to steer people in the direction of being posters they wish people would be.

+2. This whole banning users idea is a ****ing stupid mistake, IMHO...

I don't give **** who's idea it was -- though I note that people like Frazod are running away from the idea at full speed and trying to divest themselves of responsibility now that it appears not as popular as they first thought it would be...

Phobia 01-15-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298269)
Not to mention the mods encouraged a user to run the whole thing who fits the exact profile that is allegedly frowned upon above.

That's a misnomer. This poll is Frazod's baby in the same way the N00b of the year is BRC's.

Brock 01-15-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8298301)
**** off, I'm just trying to make a point.

Well, you're failing. Quit using yourself as an anecdotal example.

burt 01-15-2012 01:38 PM

I voted in the DOY polls as fun. I won't vote again. I do think a ban for not doing anything bannable is over the top. That being said, being banned temporarily is NOT life altering. Unless you are Clayton.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8298296)
I love the drama on this site. LOVE. IT. I think I'm the only mod that does. That said, again, this is nothing more than a temporary vacation for someone who makes it a practice to come on here and verbally abuse people. And no, I don't think Fraz qualifies as that.

This is my first major controversy as a moderator of this board, and it may be my last. It's an experiment, and in my eyes, there isn't anyone in that final 4 that I'm going to bleed for. So, if the people think this is a good idea, they'll vote. If they don't, they won't, and I couldn't see us doing it again next year.

But I still personally think it's a fantastic idea. If someone really can't live without posting here for a few days, they should seek professional help. It's not like anyone is being permabanned over it.

I think it is pretty obvious you know this is wrong and you are using the fact that the consequence is quite to small to rationalize that. It isn't that the whole thing is severe it is that it is wrong and completely out of character for how this site has been run for a long time.

luv 01-15-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8298306)
Well, you're failing. Quit using yourself as an anecdotal example.

If you have a better one, then go right ahead.

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8298309)
I voted in the DOY polls as fun. I won't vote again. I do think a ban for not doing anything bannable is over the top. That being said, being banned temporarily is NOT life altering. Unless you are Clayton.

Or Hootie.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8298304)
That's a misnomer. This poll is Frazod's baby in the same way the N00b of the year is BRC's.

It has been encouraged and empowered by the use of banning as a consequence.

Apparently you guys don't want so much drama around here. I have heard that but have not seen much evidence of it.

burt 01-15-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8298315)
Or Hootie.

Yeah, I almost said that.LMAO

Ebolapox 01-15-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8298298)
The point you're missing, Zach, is that I get along just fine with the vast majority of people I interact with. Do I get down and dirty with certain members? Sure. Some of them include:

You
Skip
R8ers
Saul
Hootie

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. Not a choirboy on the list.

you forgot iowanian and milkman, two 'inner circle' members.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8298302)
Flop using your example: There's a good chance Saul could win the thing because he's an active poster and his posts can be annoying. In real life there wouldn't be anything warranting some sort of punishment based on what Saul says.

I disagree. I've seen him verbally abuse folks over and over again. Mostly in the DC forum, which doesn't count as much, but I've seen it. Here and there.

That's the rub though. It's all subjective. And I'll tell you right now that I don't hold my opinion higher than someone else on this site because they're not a mod. It's because I'm right, and you're all wrong. :p

I keed, I keed.

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:41 PM

FWIW, I think it was better last year (certainly more fun) with anonymous votes and no consequences. Probably better to handle it that way going forward.

Brock 01-15-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8298297)
see example "A" ladies and gents....

Says the guy who's too stupid to keep personal information personal and then whines like a bitch when it comes out.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8298298)
The point you're missing, Zach, is that I get along just fine with the vast majority of people I interact with. Do I get down and dirty with certain members? Sure. Some of them include:

You
Skip
R8ers
Saul
Hootie

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. Not a choirboy on the list.

This line he wrote fits you.

"There are a series of posters here that come on here to do nothing but sling shit, and lay down verbal beat downs. "

No big deal. I am not trying to get you banned...I don't hate you but it is who you are on this board. I think my point still stands.