ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Who is ready for College Hoops? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265836)

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 07:39 PM

Is Baylor going to show any desperation here? Their tournament lives are on the line essentially.

lewdog 03-02-2013 07:48 PM

Gonzaga racked up its 12th win against teams ranked OUTSIDE of the top 150. Congrats!

Hootie 03-02-2013 07:52 PM

I'll have Gonzaga losing either the 2nd round or 3rd round, no doubt

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458351)
I'll have Gonzaga losing either the 2nd round or 3rd round, no doubt

That probably won't end well for you, considering they're clearly one of the best four teams in the country.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 07:59 PM

Of course, it's the tournament so anything could happen. But I'm quite sure I'll be picking Gonzaga to go pretty far. Their offense is unstoppable.

Hootie 03-02-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9458375)
That probably won't end well for you, considering they're clearly one of the best four teams in the country.

Meh. They lost to Illinois. They don't have great guard play. Great guard play wins tournament games.

but you're right, who ****ing knows

I have my tourney theories and I've done very well a few times, and very poorly a few times.

The UConn/Butler year I won a LOT of $$$

lewdog 03-02-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9458375)

I still disagree with that because they just aren't tourney tough and I think guard wise they are vulnerable although their bigs are some of the best. We shall see though. But I think 2nd or 3rd round bounce is definitely in the cards this year for them.

Of course I lived in Spokane so maybe that biased my hate for them!

tk13 03-02-2013 08:02 PM

I don't know why people are so hard on Gonzaga. Especially in a year when nobody looks dominant. That West Virginia team KU beat today... Gonzaga beat them by 34. They beat Oklahoma by 27. They beat K-State by 16. They also beat Baylor and won at Oklahoma State, a brutal place to win. I believe Gonzaga and KU are the only teams to win there. They're one of the few teams at the top who really doesn't have a bad loss.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458383)
Meh. They lost to Illinois.

Indiana lost to Illinois too. That can happen with a team like them that just jacks 3s up repeatedly for an offense.

Quote:

They don't have great guard play. Great guard play wins tournament games.
Their strength is in Olynyk, but Pangos is one of the most efficient guards in the country.

Quote:

The UConn/Butler year I won a LOT of $$$
I'm glad somebody did because I busted in that crapshoot of a year.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9458389)
I still disagree with that because they just aren't tourney tough and I think guard wise they are vulnerable although their bigs are some of the best. We shall see though. But I think 2nd or 3rd round bounce is definitely in the cards this year for them.

Of course I lived in Spokane so maybe that biased my hate for them!

2nd or 3rd round bounce is really in the cards for anybody. It's the NCAA tournament. But I don't see them as any more likely than any of the other top teams.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 08:05 PM

Scott Drew apparently doesn't understand the concept of a 2 for 1. Moronic. He deserves to have KSU finish them at the buzzer here.

tk13 03-02-2013 08:11 PM

That was horrible. Baylor just threw a length of the floor pass over everyone's head out of bounds with 1 second left. K-State now gets the ball under their own basket for the win.

tk13 03-02-2013 08:12 PM

LMAO And game. K-State for the win. Epic fail.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 08:29 PM

Drew is going to find himself out of a job pretty soon if he can't get teams with that kind of talent level into the NCAA tournament. And especially if he helps run his team out of must-win games with idiotic coaching.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 08:49 PM

Drew says he "has a hard time not trying to win the game in that moment." He might want to consider the basic concept of a 2 for 1 if that's the case, then. And maybe not having the team aimlessly and riskily throw the ball down the entire court.