ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey: There is no definite first round QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270104)

B14ckmon 02-17-2013 11:56 AM

This forum is a good example of what happens when a fanbase overrates a player due to desperation.

chiefzilla1501 02-17-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9409901)
It's not speculation, whatsoever. I drive/travel a lot for work and listen to the herd daily and Colin just destroys Cam with stuff that he gets told first hand. Cam CAN'T learn a NFL play book, half the locker room hates him and he is a total me first athlete/person.

The guys with that makeup NEVER win anything.

It would take an epiphany for the guy to transform into a elite quarterback, or even a guy that can lead a team to playoff wins.

Not a chance I'd trade the top pick for him.

I agree. And he threw his leaders under a bus already in his young career. I don't want the guy. Character and leadership are very important attributes for a QB. Why spend your pick on a questionable leader when in Geno, you seem to have a kid with a good work ethic and a good head on his shoulders?

tony77 02-17-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9410008)
No it is not mean, it's childish and stupid. It's absolutely a 4th grade mentality to hope the team acts in a certain way so you can rub fellow fans noses on their own opinions.

It was when you and others were doing it three years ago and it is now.

this

milkman 02-17-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

There are no QBs that personel people can definitively say 'He's a first round QB'
That is not saying that no one has separated himself.

chiefzilla1501 02-17-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9410287)
just like with Scooter, I give the GM a fair chance but when the red flags start popping up you have to document it, no different than the red flags in Scooters first year.

Dorsey still has a long chance to write the ship, but you dont come out saying something like taking indirect credit for Russel Wilson, get the ****ing hell out of here. If Russel Wilson was as good as Dorsey is slobbering over, he would have not fell past teams 2 to 3 times into the 3rd round.

He said Russell Wilson gave a great interview. Everybody knew he was an unbelievably high character player. Wilson fell where he did because of his height more than anything. I don't see why people are making a big deal out of his comments. I can't believe people are taking that comment as a way to criticize the guy.

Quote:

Ill give this guy a chance, but if hes going to be a GM that strokes his own ego like that, well, the red flags will eventually pile up and we will be in year 3 and 4 and hating the guy no different than Scooter.

Dorsey still has a chance to right that ship with the first pick of the draft and prove me wrong, but this article does not do him any favors to separate himself from being a big turd.
Dorsey has not frozen anybody's scouts. He has not insisted on installing a "Green Bay" way in Kansas City. He has not, it seems, gotten in the way of Andy Reid doing his job. Stop making up stories about Dorsey and some kind of an imaginary ego. The scouting report on Dorsey is that he does not carry that kind of baggage.

BossChief 02-17-2013 12:08 PM

He continued to say that he and Reid would be making their own evaluations and taking every opportunity to gather information THEMSELVES.

It's entirely possible that he meant "our first round pick"

tony77 02-17-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9409780)
I've been saying it for months....Geno Smith will NOT be the 1st overall pick....and this place is going to go bonkers.

Well Im sayin it also.

tony77 02-17-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9409753)
I hate to admit it but part of me hope the Chiefs don't draft a QB #1 just to see 75% of the board here lose their collective minds.

Reid/Dorsey were so great to hire... until they don't do what message board fanatics want. It's truly comical.

I agree.

HotCarl 02-17-2013 12:14 PM

The language is pretty plain. No QB has definitively established that he's worth a first round pick. If you're not sure a guy is worth being taken at the bottom of the first, are you going to pick him #1 overall?

BossChief 02-17-2013 12:16 PM

Players aren't drafted or signed based on what they did, rather what they can do.

The combine should help this whole quarterback class.

RippedmyFlesh 02-17-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9408091)
To Dorsey, at least, personal interviews might be the most important part of the postseason draft process. He said a quarterback can improve his draft standing with a series of strong interviews.
Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/02/16/267...#storylink=cpy

So one of his most important criteria has not been completed yet people here know we are or not taking a qb 1/1. This year may be more difficult than past years but there is a good starting qb there. It's a matter of picking the right one. I find hit hard to believe that not one qb from this class will be a good starter.

chiefzilla1501 02-17-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 9410428)
So one of his most important criteria has not been completed yet people here know we are or not taking a qb 1/1. This year may be more difficult than past years but there is a good starting qb there. It's a matter of picking the right one. I find hit hard to believe that not one qb from this class will be a good starter.

Anybody who took the interview process seriously should have seen gigantic red flags from guys like JaMarcus and Ryan Leaf. It sunk Jimmy Clausen, it turned RGIII from a great prospect to a "can't miss."

I like Geno, but it will be very interesting to see how he does in this process. He seems to have football smarts and work ethic. Leadership... we can only guess. I am pretty sure if there was anything scouts are questioning right now, this is it, and he hopefully passes with flying colors.

Coogs 02-17-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9410413)
Players aren't drafted or signed based on what they did, rather what they can do.

The combine should help this whole quarterback class.

I still think the biggest red flag on Geno's resume are the temper tantrums during the few bad games he played. And once the temper tantrums appeared, he didn't seem to be able to pull his game together.

The overall skill set? He has it.

it's all about the interviews for Geno. Dorsey nearly says as much in the OP... without naming names.

Chris Meck 02-17-2013 12:59 PM

what if, after all the evaluation, they decide that their guy is Nassib or Dysert or even Barkley and will be there in round 2?
What if they work a trade for Foles as well to hedge the bet?

I don't have a problem with it. I like Geno too, but I think Reid and Dorsey probably know a lot more about it than I do. :)

The Bad Guy 02-17-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9410287)
just like with Scooter, I give the GM a fair chance but when the red flags start popping up you have to document it, no different than the red flags in Scooters first year.

Dorsey still has a long chance to write the ship, but you dont come out saying something like taking indirect credit for Russel Wilson, get the ****ing hell out of here. If Russel Wilson was as good as Dorsey is slobbering over, he would have not fell past teams 2 to 3 times into the 3rd round.

Ill give this guy a chance, but if hes going to be a GM that strokes his own ego like that, well, the red flags will eventually pile up and we will be in year 3 and 4 and hating the guy no different than Scooter.

Dorsey still has a chance to right that ship with the first pick of the draft and prove me wrong, but this article does not do him any favors to separate himself from being a big turd.

What hyperbole. Indirectly taking credit for Wilson? He said he was his most impressive interview in 25 years. What's he taking credit for?