ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

Rasputin 06-27-2013 09:25 AM

How many quarterbacks did Will Shields have to protect and block for?

If he had one quarterback during his time that we drafted I bet we would have been in better shape to knock down the door in the playoffs.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9779097)
My anger in this area is directed, intensely, at Carl and DV. They made NO legit attempts to improve the defense.

Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii, Shawn Barber and Patrick Surtain. Several first and second round draft choices, trades and free agents. They fired Robinson and replaced him with Gunther.

They made legitimate attempts. That cannot be contested. The problem is they never found the answer.

Sandy Vagina 06-27-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9779088)
I think Alex Smith will really help to improve our defensive numbers, yet the defense will get the credit for bailing him out in games. It is really amazing what a "game manager" QB will do for defensive stats. The bottom line is that a "game manager" QB keeps your defense off the field--which in turn automatically helps your defensive stats. Our defense will be dramatically improved for four reasons: 1) Better coaching, 2) Better scheme, 3) Better players, 4) Better play by the QB.

I think the Chiefs will do really pretty well this year, but people will bitch and moan about ASmith saying, "Uh, well, just imagine what we could of done if we had drafted and groomed our own QB."

People don't seem to understand that this is a TEAM sport. Reid and Dorsey are finding the parts/players that fit their concept of how they want their team to play. QB is the most important position on the team but some QBs fit a team scheme better than others-- and yes, that means in certain schemes a dink and dunk game managing QB will be more effective than a sexy cannon armed QB in other schemes.

I think Reid's scheme will be methodical, surgical and time consuming--and Alex Smith is the perfect QB for that type of scheme. I don't think Reid and Dorsey were blowing smoke when they said they believe that ASmith can be a future Hall of Famer--in their particular scheme he may very well wind up with a bust in Canton. Is it a guarentee? No. Far from it. However, if there is one scheme where he has any chance at all, it will be under Reid.

Between our revamped O-line, our upgraded TEs, Bowe, and the ever dangerous Charles, our offense will be a force to be reckoned with over the next few years. ASmith is a cerebral QB; he understands the game and he knows how to get the ball to his playmakers and how to put them in a position to make plays. He doesn't have to do everything himself. There is nothing wrong with being a good manager; a good manager in business knows how to get the most out of the strengths of those people he hires and surrounds himself with-- in football, it is the same thing. A good game managing QB not only increases the productivity of those players on offense, but those on defense as well by keeping them rested, ready to attack and forcing the other team into a one dimensional offense because they are playing catch up both in time and points.

Such a great post. Thank you for it. :clap:

Props as well to folks like Marcellus, Dane McC, RunKC ( and even BossChief for at least keeping an open mind ) for keeping this place worthy of reading. :clap:

-King- 06-27-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9779113)
How many quarterbacks did Will Shields have to protect and block for?

If he had one quarterback during his time that we drafted I bet we would have been in better shape to knock down the door in the playoffs.

What? Do drafted quarterbacks play defense also?

Rasputin 06-27-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9779155)
What? Do drafted quarterbacks play defense also?

Of course not on defense duh. They would have been able to put the team together better with consistency from the quarterback & build around him. We need a quarterback that is going be around more than 4-5 years that gets better with the team each year.

Ace Gunner 06-27-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9778996)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aabdRco772...sticeBitch.gif

Son of a...bitch. If I ever become like you two, I authorize Bugeater and Frazod to take me to the nearest landfill, put a bullet in my mother****ing head, and stuff me in an old refrigerator.

And I would imagine that most intelligent Browns fans feel like that they are least putting an effort forth, though probably not getting the best pick possible from the FO.

you and sorter can do lezbo things together

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

I think Alex Smith will really help to improve our defensive numbers
People keeping saying this.

Why?

He's bad on third down.

He doesn't put up points.

So...why?

Trent Green certainly didn't improve our defense. In fact one of our better defenses here during his time was during his first season.

Mav 06-27-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9777980)
No people like Matt Cassel and Alex Smith **** this team

and missing out on the Andy Daltons, Russel Wilsons, Colin Kapernicks and passing right over them for some 2nd/3rd string Olineman or WR bust

How did alex smith, in any way shape or form **** this team? He hasn't done jack shit to this team yet, except from what every body on the TEAM,, and in the front office has said, bring nothing but POSITIVE to the team......So, epic fail, gonna fail?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9778687)
That would be one LATE blooming mother****er. He'll help win some regular season games, people will get excited, then the eventual shellacking in the postseason. This book has been written, adapted for screenplay, and shot on location several times already.

Uh, except that Alex Smith never plays bad enough for his team to get BLOWN out. Hes not matt cassel. He has proven one thing. He is extremely clutch, and no, im not talking about the saints game. Im talking about the OTHER 6 come from behind victories he played a crucial part in that season.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9778790)
I find it funny people think trading for Green was a failure. He did exactly what he was supposed to do, the defense wasn't good enough

Teams draft QB's all the time and dont win a SB with them but that's a success according to CP.

You trade for a QB and have a chance to win and its failure/CP.

We have done this before it didnt work/CP

I wonder what Brown's fans think about drafting QBs, they seem to have drafted about 5 first rounders and haven't done shit, by CP logic they need to trade for a QB because what they have done hasn't worked.

Well, I assume that I can speak for the browns fans. We worshipped the drafting of Quinn. Fail, FAIL, FAIL. We hated the drafting of Weeden, I nearly threw up. But, most are cautiously optimistic, that after we realized what a poop bag that shurmur was, that if Chud can make Derek Anderson into a pro bowler, that he probably can get something useful out of Weeden, even if he is older than ALEX SMITH.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9778996)
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...t-eastwood.gif

Son of a...bitch. If I ever become like you two, I authorize Bugeater and Frazod to take me to the nearest landfill, put a bullet in my mother****ing head, and stuff me in an old refrigerator.

And I would imagine that most intelligent Browns fans feel like that they are least putting an effort forth, though probably not getting the best pick possible from the FO.

most browns fans, think that the Chiefs have really improved.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779293)

Why?

He's bad on third down.

So...why?

Trent Green certainly didn't improve our defense. In fact one of our better defenses here during his time was during his first season.

He doesn't put up points. Hmmmm, interesting. 70 percent completion percentage last year. Guess what that means. He doesn't turn the ball over. Which means that he keeps the chains moving. Also means that every possession ends in a kick, punt, which isn't a bad thing when you have COLQUITT, or a fg, or a touch down. Which means your defense is not on the field. If you win the time of possession, and the turn over battles, you will win far more often than you lose. I know you are functionally reeruned, but try not to let it show so often.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779293)

Why?

He's bad on third down.

So...why?

How can you even ask this question if you claim to have any fundamental idea about football?

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Which means that he keeps the chains moving.
No, he doesn't.

The 2011 49ers were:

30th in passing first downs
31st in third down conversion percentage

If that is what the 2013 Kansas City Chiefs can expect, **** Alex Smith.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9779353)
How can you even ask this question if you claim to have any fundamental idea about football?

People are going to be sorely disappointed when they find out Alex Smith is almost as bad as Matt Cassel on third down.

I mean ****, 2010 Matt Cassel BLEW AWAY 2011 Alex Smith in terms of third down conversion percentage and passing first downs.

Rausch 06-27-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779358)
No, he doesn't.

The 2011 49ers were:

He was brought here to immediately end the turnover-fest and be smart enough to know exactly which short target to throw to when open.

That's it.

He's a sell-able stop-gap they hope can be more than a stop-gap.

Dorsey picked the guy with the least downside...

Titty Meat 06-27-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9779055)
Trading that high of a first rounder for 5 years at quarterback is only deemed a good or bad trade in playoff wins.

That's nothing against Trent Green at all, it's gauging the trade and how it effected the teams success.

Sorry, but some of us still think the Chiefs should win playoff games...Green played in 1 playoff game in 5 years.

The right decision (as it almost always is) would have been to draft Drew Brees with that pick.

Disagree. Brees at 12 or wherever they picked would have been a huge reach. The trade was a success because of the level of production Green provided.

Titty Meat 06-27-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779358)
No, he doesn't.

The 2011 49ers were:

The only upgrade Smith provides is that he's more accurate within 10 yards, more mobile, and doesn't turn it over.

Rausch 06-27-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9779375)
The only upgrade Smith provides is that he's more accurate within 10 yards, more mobile, and doesn't turn it over.

Yes.

When properly used.

That said Andy wants to make him ****ing Brett Fah-ver-uh...