ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smiths accuracy wowing fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275091)

Hammock Parties 08-07-2013 11:17 PM

10-6 is our floor, everyone! Prepare for a BADASS RIDE! Just like last year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8821437)
This is, by far, THE best Chiefs team since you began posting on the 'Planet, yet you're Mr. ****ing Negative Dickwad in every thread.

Lighten up and enjoy what could be a badass ride.

BossChief 08-07-2013 11:18 PM

Dane complaining about others constant negativity is just strange and surreal, isn't it?

I mean, Dane used to consistently drop nucleur bombs on the Hunts and most of the dealings with the team.

I bet if we pulled up all of his posts about the Cassel trade and simply inserted "Alex Smith" in place of "Matt Cassel" in those posts, it would be a little eerie. The same arguments and counterpoints happened in both discussions.

Doing the same with Fisher over Jackson might work, too.

It's just strange as hell to see the guy this way, is all.

Not saying it's a good thing or bad thing.

It's just...different.

DaneMcCloud 08-07-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9866980)
Dane complaining about others constant negativity is just strange and surreal, isn't it?

I mean, Dane used to consistently drop nucleur bombs on the Hunts and most of the dealings with the team.

I bet if we pulled up all of his posts about the Cassel trade and simply inserted "Alex Smith" in place of "Matt Cassel" in those posts, it would be a little eerie. The same arguments and counterpoints happened in both discussions.

Doing the same with Fisher over Jackson might work, too.

It's just strange as hell to see the guy this way, is all.

Not saying it's a good thing or bad thing.

It's just...different.

That's because you've only been around for 4 years, while I've been around 13 years.

I wasn't negative until Scott Pioli was hired. I hated nearly every move the man made and was supremely happy to see him fired.

The Chiefs have a clean slate IMO and until I actually see the product on the field sucking ass, I'll reserve judgment.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-07-2013 11:30 PM

I'm not saying we can't win. I'm saying that history is NOT on our side.

DaneMcCloud 08-07-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9866977)
10-6 is our floor, everyone! Prepare for a BADASS RIDE! Just like last year!

To which Sorter followed up with this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8821442)
Personally, I have to agree with both. No chance Cassel becomes Trent Green 2.0 IMO. However, this team doesn't need Trent to be 10-6 or better this year. This is as complete as a roster as I have seen in a few years. Clay is just staying pessimistic because of his bet. I guarantee that if this team performs well in the playoffs or manages to win there, Clay will be going nuts.

Ulterior motives, Claynus. Ulterior motives.

Hammock Parties 08-07-2013 11:32 PM

Nope. I genuinely thought that team was shit, and that sentiment was expressed well before that bet was made.

It was expressed as soon as we hired Romeo.

This team isn't "shit" but they certainly aren't going to the playoffs, not with Alex Smith at QB.

DaneMcCloud 08-07-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9867010)
This team isn't "shit" but they certainly aren't going to the playoffs, not with Alex Smith at QB.

Bookmarked for later use

BossChief 08-07-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9866946)
I think your disconnect is associating anyone with Wendler. I think most of us understand what he is and give him as much credence as he deserves.

When I said flailing, I was imagining you as an angry little top spinning around shooting off sparks.

Which probably doesn't make any sense, now that I've described it. But it was a funny image.

Anyway, a lot of us labeled as "negative" think this is probably a .500 team. Which would be drastic improvement from 2012. Thinking there are a few holes, or not necessarily agreeing with everything that goes on is not the same thing as hating everything or thinking that everything is shit.

Speaking just for me, I would actually say I'm cautiously optimistic. I just think literally everything would have to go their way for them to be, say, a playoff team. Which is possible. But I ain't counting on it.

Well said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9867010)
Nope. I genuinely thought that team was shit, and that sentiment was expressed well before that bet was made.

It was expressed as soon as we hired Romeo.

If we had re-signed Kyle Orton, you would have looked at last years team as a 7-8 win team. I don't want to dig, but I'm pretty sure you held that opinion.

Well, I can DEFINITIVELY say that Alex Smith is gonna be better than Kyle Orton would have ever been for us.

He definitely moved me from "pessimistic" to "cautiously optimistic" from watching him with my own two eyes at camp meshing with our receivers.

I don't think he is gonna be the liability I did a month ago.

If he can deal with a live pass rush and push the ball down the field like he did in camp, he will be solid.

Our receivers are gonna get a lot of YAC

kcxiv 08-07-2013 11:51 PM

6 wins tops! Unless something completely out of the blue happens which is doubtful. I dont see .500 or a play off birth.

DaneMcCloud 08-07-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9867059)
6 wins tops! Unless something completely out of the blue happens which is doubtful. I dont see .500 or a play off birth.

So this team is worse than the 2011 team that lost Charles, Berry, Moeaki and Haley, with Cassel, Palko and Orton at the helm?

Chiefs Pantalones 08-07-2013 11:56 PM

Brian Billick was on NFLTA tonight and he stated that he doesn't see how we don't make the playoffs. Too talented and upgraded the QB position. I hope.

Hammock Parties 08-07-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9867064)
So this team is worse than the 2011 team that lost Charles, Berry, Moeaki and Haley, with Cassel, Palko and Orton at the helm?

More difficult schedule by far.

2011 team played maybe the easiest schedule I've ever seen.

Also that team had Brandon Carr. We have Toasty and Crispy II.

kcxiv 08-07-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

better, but that doesnt mean they win alot more. Football is a crazy sport, where we can play well and still lose a game. Schedule looks pretty tough. From my limited reading up on training camp, it looks like we have like 1 wide out and the rest are a serious Meh. Charles has to hold up.

All i can say is, we will see. Im not not getting my hopes up again. I have for 20 years now.

Discuss Thrower 08-07-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

I guess the only argument against boils down to:

Carr >>> S. Smith
Paranoid Todd Haley + RAC > Reid
Orton > Alex Smith > Cassel

But I might be oversimplifying.

Hammock Parties 08-08-2013 12:00 AM

I'd be surprised if any of our WR are as good as Steve Breaston was that year.

He had 60+ catches and 700+ yards.