ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9288988)
Every QB has had bad games in big games and ****ed it up.

EVERY QB.

Brady has failed in two straight Super Bowls.

Again, what is your point?

Does this mean he won't succeed in the NFL?

Does this one "big" Pinstripe Bowl game mean he won't be a good NFL QB?

If so, how?

And no one is saying he's QB Jesus. Once again, your argument is that he didn't play well against a team/defense he's struggled with a few times but you're not explaining how that means anything going into the NFL.

Because it doesn't mean anything.

:facepalm:

let's frolicked in the world "teh best QB eva land" .

The guy had bad game, and it was a big game that could cost him some money.

Will he be successful in the NFL, that's the big question.

It's obvious that you have your sights on Geno, and no one else so if someone you believe slights him you'll defend him as if he was your first born infant son.

O.city 01-06-2013 04:47 PM

The reason most here, like Sac, are so high on him, isn't just for the numbers he's put up. It's for all physical attributes.

IMO, most of Geno's flaws are things that are coachable and from all we've heard, he has a pretty high football IQ and is a hard worker.

O.city 01-06-2013 04:50 PM

Why is it such a big deal to some that others are so high on Geno? This is a new thing for Chiefs fans, first overall pick and all and they are high on a QB. Good for them.

We havent had hope in a while.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-06-2013 04:52 PM

Whisperer quit shitting up the thread

SAUTO 01-06-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9289075)
:facepalm:

let's frolicked in the world "teh best QB eva land" .

The guy had bad game, and it was a big game that could cost him some money.

Will he be successful in the NFL, that's the big question.

It's obvious that you have your sights on Geno, and no one else so if someone you believe slights him you'll defend him as if he was your first born infant son.

This is a downright stupid post.
He brings up Brady not trying to compare skills right now, but saying if a qb like Manning or Brady can get owned by the same team multiple times any qb can get owned by teams multiple times and it isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 01-06-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9289095)
The reason most here, like Sac, are so high on him, isn't just for the numbers he's put up. It's for all physical attributes.

IMO, most of Geno's flaws are things that are coachable and from all we've heard, he has a pretty high football IQ and is a hard worker.

I like Geno, but I will definitely acknowledge his flaws like every other QB in the class.

The way this board it talking, Geno is the only QB worth a shit in this draft.

If Reid picks Geno, he's gonna be running a more simplified offense with easier reads, like Ratty is doing with RG3.

aturnis 01-06-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9288521)
He stepped back AND THEN tried to run left.

His center/guard are stonewalling the shit out of the DT. His RT/RG are stone walling the DE.His is handling the other DE for the most part. He has room to step up and move to the left or right.

http://i.imgur.com/q7okz.jpg

I disagree. The guys in his face have walked his linemen back at least 7-10yds.as soon as he steps up, there is NOTHING stopping the defenders from disengaging and making a play. His linemen sure won't stand in their way. You're neglecting the fact that Syracuse's defense was top ten in the nation in tackles for loss.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-06-2013 05:00 PM

No, we aren't saying he's the only one worth a shit, we are saying he is the BEST QB in this class. Why settle for 2nd best?

munkey 01-06-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9289183)
No, we aren't saying he's the only one worth a shit, we are saying he is the BEST QB in this class. Why settle for 2nd best?

He's not worth the #1 pick...I'd rather we trade down or take the best athlete out there...which no one will really know until the combine.

aturnis 01-06-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9288724)
Plus, Foles is a ****ing reerun too. He doesn't have a fraction of the intelligence and work ethic that Geno Smith has.

Communications degree vs. English degree.

Quote:

Communications, the 4th most worthless degree...

Why It Won’t Help You Get a Job: Go into a communications class on any given day and it’ll smell like dried semen and booze. Reason being, communications is the major for anyone who wants to graduate, but doesn’t want to stop getting totally wasted on weekdays. Here’s the bad news, if an employer is going to hire someone to help decipher how human beings communicate, he’s going to hire someone with the letters “Dr. before their name, not the person who first checks to see if a class is offered online, then when they find out it’s not, let’s out a “gaaaaay bro.

What Job You’ll End Up With: You’ll go to several job interviews that turn out to be pyramid schemes, even though at first you won’t realize this and come home and tell your parents, who you still live with, “They said I’ll probably be making six figures in less than a year just by selling these beer cozies.

Mizzou_8541 01-06-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9288545)
Every QB has bad plays. Every QB throws INTs. Every QB has bad games.

Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, etc...

All of them do.

Its just mind boggling that idiots on here are completely against taking a QB with amazing potential because of one average game in the snow. A game in which he didn't even throw an INT.

If they're using that logic, then NO QB would be good enough for them. I just dont get it.

I was trying to explain this to some people on Powermizzou, and I was vastly outnumbered by people who thought Geno at #1 overall was a ridiculous thought. I love this thread because it explains much more clearly than I ever could as to why it isn't.

Saccopoo 01-06-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9288988)
Every QB has had bad games in big games and ****ed it up.

EVERY QB.

Brady has failed in two straight Super Bowls.

Again, what is your point?

Does this mean he won't succeed in the NFL?

Does this one "big" Pinstripe Bowl game mean he won't be a good NFL QB?

If so, how?

And no one is saying he's QB Jesus. Once again, your argument is that he didn't play well against a team/defense he's struggled with a few times but you're not explaining how that means anything going into the NFL.

Because it doesn't mean anything.

16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints

In a blizzard and high winds isn't struggling.

Getting owned in the time of possession, not being able to block up front and not being able to stop the run is struggling.

I don't get how someone with any modicum of objectivity can say that Geno "fell flat on his face" in the Pinstripe Bowl.

And then, to go and look at his body of work, especially against highly rated defenses/good teams...I mean, ****.

Molitoth 01-06-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9289238)
He's not worth the #1 pick...I'd rather we trade down or take the best athlete out there...which no one will really know until the combine.

And another dumbass enters the thread....

Totally ****ing clueless

RealSNR 01-06-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Best QB in the draft isn't worth the #1 pick?

We truly are living in the end times. Maybe the Mayans WERE right.

Saccopoo 01-06-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

He's not worth the #1 pick...

Uh, yeah, he is.

Quote:

I'd rather we trade down or take the best athlete out there...which no one will really know until the combine.
Welcome to Loserville.

And the Combine isn't going to give you shit unless you are looking for the best "athlete" rather than the best football player.

****ing best athlete...seriously?

This is how teams end up with ****ing guys like Dontari Poe and Vernon Gholston.

Jesus H. ****ing Christ on a stick.