ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey: There is no definite first round QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270104)

O.city 02-17-2013 01:03 PM

If he was that great of a prospect was he never bpa when the packers drafted? Why didn't they take him?

Hammock Parties 02-17-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9410501)
If he was that great of a prospect was he never bpa when the packers drafted? Why didn't they take him?

Because you don't spend a 2nd round pick on a QB when you have Aaron Rodgers.

Marcellus 02-17-2013 01:06 PM

While I want us to draft Geno, I want it like babies want milk, I think it was Bill Parcells who said "Need is the worst talent evaluator".

I have to agree with that. We are starving for a QB, the new regime is looking at this as a long term deal.

I hope they have the balls to roll the dice.

O.city 02-17-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9410512)
Because you don't spend a 2nd round pick on a QB when you have Aaron Rodgers.

Then our front office lied cause they said they are drafting bpa with no regard to need or that's what I've been told

Jerm 02-17-2013 01:10 PM

Me and Matt Miller going at it on Twitter...he's still pimping the let Albert walk, trade for Alex Smith, and draft Joeckel scenario.

Ugh......

WhiteWhale 02-17-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9410390)
That is not saying that no one has separated himself.

Dorsey does clearly state exactly that.

He says no one guy stands out.

Brock 02-17-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9410522)
Me and Matt Miller going at it on Twitter...he's still pimping the let Albert walk, trade for Alex Smith, and draft Joeckel scenario.

Ugh......

@nfldraftscout.....lol, he is a wanker

Pasta Little Brioni 02-17-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9410522)

Ugh......

It's not worth it. Just tell him that anyone that thinks that's a good idea is not worth arguing with.

Coogs 02-17-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9410490)
what if, after all the evaluation, they decide that their guy is Nassib or Dysert or even Barkley and will be there in round 2?
What if they work a trade for Foles as well to hedge the bet?

I don't have a problem with it. I like Geno too, but I think Reid and Dorsey probably know a lot more about it than I do. :)

JMO.

We only have one pick in round 1. It happens to be the first pick.

We have one glaring hole on our team. It happens to be QB. There are other holes, but those holes are minor in comparison to the QB position.

We have a pissed off fan base. Clark is aware of that fact. Heads have rolled in response to that fact.

Dorsey and Reid must run their sales pitch by Clark for final approval.

Clark has to know an OT... or pretty much any other position other than QB is not going to move season tickets. QB at #1 sells tickets.

Reaching on a QB in round one and failing is going to provide far less fallout than passing on a QB in round one and having one of those QB's that we passed on turning into an NFL star attraction in another city. That would be a disaster for the new regime.

milkman 02-17-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9410515)
While I want us to draft Geno, I want it like babies want milk, I think it was Bill Parcells who said "Need is the worst talent evaluator".

I have to agree with that. We are starving for a QB, the new regime is looking at this as a long term deal.

I hope they have the balls to roll the dice.

It comes to this AFAIC.

As SNR and others have discussed, there isn't any generational talent in this draf

So, at the end of the day, the best player available is the one that fills you biggest .

Hammock Parties 02-17-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9410515)
I think it was Bill Parcells who said "Need is the worst talent evaluator"

Meanwhile he passed on Matt Ryan to take Jake Long and was satisfied with Chad Henne.

Light the 'Hamas' Jenkins signal, Fat Bill needs an internet dressing down.

Marcellus 02-17-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9410540)
Meanwhile he passed on Matt Ryan to take Jake Long and was satisfied with Chad Henne.

Light the 'Hamas' Jenkins signal, Fat Bill needs an internet dressing down.

I am not a huge Parcells fan, but surely you understand the concept.

Need is a terrible talent evaluator. IMO Geno doesnt need any help to be the #1 pick but the thought process is solid.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-17-2013 01:29 PM

Bill Parcells is a self-aggrandizing **** who owes his entire career to Lawrence Taylor and Bill Belichick.

Every team that doesn't have a franchise QB needs one, and every team that doesn't have one won't win, no matter what the accoutrement around the rest of the team.

Marcellus 02-17-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9410555)
Bill Parcells is a self-aggrandizing **** who owes his entire career to Lawrence Taylor and Bill Belichick.

Every team that doesn't have a franchise QB needs one, and every team that doesn't have one won't win, no matter what the accoutrement around the rest of the team.

So you disagree that need causes teams to over value players sometimes?

Blain Gabbert ring a bell?

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-17-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9410558)
So you disagree that need causes teams to over value players sometimes?

Blain Gabbert ring a bell?

Blaine Gabbert was considered by many to be the #1 QB in the draft. Mike Mayock, McShay, and Scott Wright all rated him ahead of Newton.

I hate this example because it's a textbook case of revisionist history. The only draftnik that hated him was Walter, and since it now looks like he's right, everyone is quick to scrub out the actual history for the preferred version.

tl;dr: stupid ****ing example.

You want a better one: Spithood, which, ironically, happened after the Chiefs traded back, thinking they could get their guy (Olshansky) in the process. That worked out great, eh?