ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

opposition 02-27-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9447266)
Who the **** is advocating for Matt Flynn? Get bent, cockface.

Then what other options do you have? You really want to waste a pick on Geno? Can you tell me the last QB you have drafted that has made a playoff appearence? 25 years if I'm not mistaken. Wait I am mistaken that is a single win... 25 years...

THat's impressive.

dirk digler 02-27-2013 04:10 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...as-is-for-now/

Quote:

Chiefs apparently taking Alex Smith contract as is, for now

Posted by Mike Florio on February 27, 2013, 4:19 PM EST

The Chiefs are giving up plenty for quarterback Alex Smith — especially since he’s under contract for only two more years.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, there have been no discussions regarding a possible extension of Smith’s contract by the Chiefs.As a practical matter, a new contract would be negotiated and finalized after the trade becomes official, if the Chiefs want to extend the deal beyond 2014.

Of course, Smith has to want to do it, too. He may decide to see how things play out in Kansas City before committing to the team on a long-term basis.

Smith is due to earn $8.5 million in 2013. His contract becomes fully guaranteed on April 1.

BradBigglestein 02-27-2013 04:11 PM

Wow, I am totally shocked. Just a few weeks ago people surmised if the Niners couldn't trade him, they would cut him, and all the talk about them keeping Alex Smith was posturing. A 2nd round and possibly another 2nd rounder is an extremely high price for a team that didn't have all the leverage in the world.

I could see Reid wanting to trade down now to recoup some of the lost picks.

I also wonder if the Cardinals offered the Niners a crazy offer and Reid wanted Smith so badly that he thought he had to match it.

I'm still trying to digest this. The Chiefs impact what the Eagles do in the draft, so I'll definitely be keeping a close eye. I hope it works out for the Chiefs, I really do.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-27-2013 04:11 PM

He knew we were dumb enough....

Tim Kawakami‏@timkawakami

NFL source: Alex Smith recently gave the 49ers an informal list of preferred teams. No demand, just a list. KC was at or near the top.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 9447299)
Then what other options do you have? You really want to waste a pick on Geno? Can you tell me the last QB you have drafted that has made a playoff appearence? 25 years if I'm not mistaken. Wait I am mistaken that is a single win... 25 years...

THat's impressive.

We haven't drafted a QB in the 1st round in 30 years you insufferable ****ing shit stain.

ChiefsCountry 02-27-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9447225)
Just replied to your PM, but for everyone else. I know what I was told on Sunday and that was no comment about it. With the way my last 48 hours has gone, this is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

Jay Glazer is as rock solid as you can get though so it's definitely happening.

The franchise is cursed and when GMs and coaches sign on here, they turn into garbage.

Carl Peterson's voice is still in this organization somewhere because that's all he wants. Veterans.

To give up the 34th and a potential 2nd next year for a guy that was fetching at most a 3rd from other teams just makes me numb.

Like I said earlier - Peterson was just catering to the market research and fans just love them 10-6 football. He knew thats all he needed to do. Dude was a smarter man than alot of us give him credit for.

xela510 02-27-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9447297)
That's all anybody can ask for, amirite?

Did you expect to win the superbowl or make the playoffs this year or something? lol Geno Smith is not the answer and will be a scrub in the NFL.

mcaj22 02-27-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9447312)
He knew we were dumb enough....

Tim Kawakami‏@timkawakami

NFL source: Alex Smith recently gave the 49ers an informal list of preferred teams. No demand, just a list. KC was at or near the top.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Alex Smith wants to play here

**** my crappy life

RyFo18 02-27-2013 04:12 PM

They're going to turn the #34 pick (and something??) into Darrelle Revis. Good luck every other team.

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9447284)
Frank - have you heard anything to the tune of SWAPPING 2nd rounders with the Niners ala the John Clayton rumor from earlier?

No I haven't.

BryanBusby 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

I don't see how it ****ing works out.

Situation 1: Do you really want to make it rain contract $$$ on ****ing Alex Smith?
Situation 2: Do you really want to send that much in terms of picks for someone whose going to be around 2 seasons max for not good value?

Jesus what a stupid ****ing trade.

opposition 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9447292)
Go back to your ****ing pillowbiters board. God go away no one gives 2 shits about you or your bets

We're laughing our asses off at you guys. It's honestly hilarious. I have been to many other boards but you guys... Wow... It's like a elementary school board. Thanks for the entertainment.

QUe the Go **** your mom response.:huh:

BlackHelicopters 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

We traded for Matt Cassel so we could cut Matt Cassel? Fear and loathing.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xela510 (Post 9447316)
Did you expect to win the superbowl or make the playoffs this year or something? lol Geno Smith is not the answer and will be a scrub in the NFL.

Of course not.

But I'd like to win one in MY ****ING LIFETIME.

As opposed to being 9-7 EVERY YEAR FOR FOREVER with Alex ****ing Smith.

mcaj22 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

his contract is FULLY guaranteed in a ****ing MONTH

holy ****ing **** this crap

so even if hes terrible in training camp, and the beginning of the season, we are on the hook for that 8.5 million no matter how bad. So he gets 8.5 million as a Chief before ever playing a game as a Chief.

That is pathetic.