ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779365)
People are going to be sorely disappointed when they find out Alex Smith is almost as bad as Matt Cassel on third down.

:shake:

You stated that Smith won't help the defense. That's complete nonsense. By not turning over the ball on their own side of the field constantly, he'll help the defense. By not throwing interception after interception, he'll help the defense. By not constantly fumbling in Chiefs territory, he'll help the defense.

You have absolutely no idea how well Alex Smith will perform under Reid, Ault, Childress or Pedersen, yet you're assuming the worst.

Why?

Quote:

I mean ****, 2010 Matt Cassel BLEW AWAY 2011 Alex Smith in terms of third down conversion percentage and passing first downs.

So? Cassel made mistakes at critical junctures time and time again. Alex Smith led his team to a playoff berth and win.

Stats do not tell the entire story, yet you're using them to create your own narrative.

Titty Meat 06-27-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9779379)
Yes.

When properly used.

That said Andy wants to make him ****ing Brett Fah-ver-uh...

I think they'll run a spread offense where Smith will make quick short passes. I can see him being somewhat productive between the 20's.

ChiefsCountry 06-27-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9779371)
Disagree. Brees at 12 or wherever they picked would have been a huge reach. The trade was a success because of the level of production Green provided.

:rolleyes:

Yep Brees would have been a huge reach.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ckdraft_april/
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ckdraft_march/

Or the other mocks
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ckdraft_final/
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...draft/mock.htm

That's just a quick google search that all had Brees in the first round. Hell he went 32.

Rausch 06-27-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9779391)
I think they'll run a spread offense where Smith will make quick short passes.

**** I hope not.

Quick decisions are NOT his thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9779391)
I can see him being somewhat productive between the 20's.

I can see him protecting the 3...

Ace Gunner 06-27-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

People are going to be sorely disappointed when they find out Alex Smith is almost as bad as Matt Cassel on third down.

I mean ****, 2010 Matt Cassel BLEW AWAY 2011 Alex Smith in terms of third down conversion percentage and passing first downs.

glad you mention "sad" because every time you post cassel and smith are the same guy I get a lil sad at your lacking ability to recognize a QB from and idiot baseball player that was put into the role of NFL QB by a guy who was also lacking the ability to recognize a QB from and idiot baseball player.

Titty Meat 06-27-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9779452)
:rolleyes:

Yep Brees would have been a huge reach.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ckdraft_april/
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ckdraft_march/

Or the other mocks
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ckdraft_final/
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...draft/mock.htm

That's just a quick google search that all had Brees in the first round. Hell he went 32.

Brees wasn't selected until the second round. Yes taking him at 12 was a huge reach. Trent Green was a top 10 possibly top 5 for most his time here. I know Chiefsplanet loves revisoonist history though. If yall want to bitch about not taking an elite QB Aaron Rogers makes the most sense. Again there was nothing wrong with the Green trade. If the Chiefs drafted Rogers or Croyle would have panned out we aren't even having this discussion.

BigMeatballDave 06-27-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9779526)
Brees wasn't selected until the second round. Yes taking him at 12 was a huge reach. Trent Green was a top 10 possibly top 5 for most his time here. I know Chiefsplanet loves revisoonist history though. If yall want to bitch about not taking an elite QB Aaron Rogers makes the most sense. Again there was nothing wrong with the Green trade. If the Chiefs drafted Rogers or Croyle would have panned out we aren't even having this discussion.

:thumb:

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9779503)
glad you mention "sad" because every time you post cassel and smith are the same guy I get a lil sad at your lacking ability to recognize a QB from and idiot baseball player that was put into the role of NFL QB by a guy who was also lacking the ability to recognize a QB from and idiot baseball player.

I didn't say they were the same guy.

The similarities are scary as **** though.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9779384)

Stats do not tell the entire story, yet you're using them to create your own narrative.

No, I'm not.

I'm merely pointing out that Alex Smith doesn't help defenses like a top tier QB would.

He's not doing shit for our defense that Matt Cassel couldn't do in 2010.

That's all Matt did in 2010. He didn't turn it over. If that's all Alex is going to do, that's not enough. You want to help the defense? Own third down and extend drives.

That is something Alex Smith has shown time and time again that he can't do.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779542)
No, I'm not.

I'm merely pointing out that Alex Smith doesn't help defenses like a top tier QB would.

That's not what you said. You said you couldn't figure out why people think Smith would improve the defense.

Quote:

He's not doing shit for our defense that Matt Cassel couldn't do in 2010.

That's speculation.

Regardless, this isn't the same team, personnel or coaching staff as 2010.

Quote:

That's all Matt did in 2010. He didn't turn it over. If that's all Alex is going to do, that's not enough. You want to help the defense? Own third down and extend drives.

Extending drives will, of course, help the defense. Avoiding numerous costly fumbles and turnovers in their own territory will help them even more.

Quote:

That is something Alex Smith has shown time and time again that he can't do.

So, he was able to lead his team to the playoffs in 2011 and start 2012 with a winning record and the best QB rating in the league. But yet, he's unable to extend drives?

Why do you place the blame solely on his shoulders? Do you believe that he had the personnel to extend drives on third down? Do believe that he had the correct play calls in order to extend drives? Or did he butt-fumble himself into mistakes constantly and if so, how was his QB rating so high and his team successful the past two years?

You're taking stats and creating a narrative in which Alex Smith's play was the reason why they didn't go to the Super Bowl in 2011, why Alex Smith was traded and why Alex Smith won't improve or lead the Chiefs to the playoffs in Kansas City.

It's a false narrative.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 12:48 PM

You're being a homer, Dane. The 49ers have been at or near the bottom of the league in third down conversions Alex Smith's ENTIRE CAREER.

If it happens again here in KC, he's going to be a huge disappointment.

If you want to put your head in the sand, fine. Don't accuse those of us taking an objective view of this turd as being somehow ignorant of something, though.

BigMeatballDave 06-27-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779573)
You're being a homer, Dane. The 49ers have been at or near the bottom of the league in third down conversions Alex Smith's ENTIRE CAREER.

If you want to put your head in the sand, fine. Don't accuse those of us taking an objective view of this turd as being somehow ignorant of something, though.

Whatever you say, Mecca, Mr. Absolute.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Clearly, you do not understand the definition of the word "Homer".

I am merely pointing out the holes in the false narrative that you created and continue to propagate on this site.

Quote:

This is laughable. "Objective view"? You haven't had an "objective view" of this team in years. You've acted like a jerkoff to anyone that's had an opposing view and labeled them as a "homer" or "True Fan", which is ironic considering that YOU were the very definition of those words for the first six years you spent on this website.

Again, you are taking statistics and creating your own narrative. You're not taking into account that the 49ers have had an average to below average receiving corp. You're not taking into account the plays that were called (and don't get me started on the final 49er's drive of the Super Bowl: I've never witnessed such pathetic play calling in my life) and you're not taking into consideration the opposition or what he was asked to do in those situations.

And furthermore, your assessment of Geno Smith, his value as perceived by the NFL, its scouts, GM's, etc., could not have been further off the mark. Yet, you're attempting to convince anyone and everyone that will listen to you that you're right about Alex Smith, based on PFF numbers?

It's a false narrative at best and disingenuous at worst.

Marcellus 06-27-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Objective? LMAO

The only thing I see happening is you flip flopping mid season or sooner as usual.

ptlyon 06-27-2013 01:00 PM

I see this thread hasn't changed much...