ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU ***Official New EMAW Repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236930)

Saulbadguy 12-06-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8174490)
Made the evening news, actually. Though possibly not in the way EMAW wanted. It was a guy from K-State saying, "This is a troll site. These guys aren't real KSU fans. They're just trying to troll Arkansas fans, and they've all been kicked off of every other KSU board. If you want real football talk, go to these sites..."

Oh, i'm not sure how we will recover from that.

ChiTown 12-06-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Made the evening news, actually. Though possibly not in the way EMAW wanted. It was a guy from K-State saying, "This is a troll site. These guys aren't real KSU fans. They're just trying to troll Arkansas fans, and they've all been kicked off of every other KSU board. If you want real football talk, go to these sites..."

I just saw the news clip as well.

You do realize, that this publicity just made goEMAW that much bigger than it was before, right? In that business, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Seriously, you guys are big-time SEC football. Why are your fans and news media acting like bumpkins?

NewChief 12-06-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8174511)
I just saw the news clip as well.

You do realize, that this publicity just made goEMAW that much bigger than it was before, right? In that business, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Seriously, you guys are big-time SEC football. Why are your fans and news media acting like bumpkins?

Uhh. Because many of them are?

ChiTown 12-06-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8174515)
Uhh. Because many of them are?

Seriously, though, I don't get it. Are you guys lured into this every week during the Conference season, or do you just save up a bunch of stupid for the Bowl Game? ;)

NewChief 12-06-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8174505)
Oh, i'm not sure how we will recover from that.

Yah, bro. Don't **** with Jay the Producer.

NewChief 12-06-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8174522)
Seriously, though, I don't get it. Are you guys lured into this every week during the Conference season, or do you just save up a bunch of stupid for the Bowl Game? ;)

Not sure. I don't really follow the Hog's scene online that much. I listen to local sports radio quite a bit, but I don't actively post at any of the sites.

Los Pollos Hermanos 12-06-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

So, goEMAW is The Onion of college football message boards?

I can live with that.

I have to admit, that thread made me fall in love with goEMAW.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-06-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 8174541)
So, goEMAW is The Onion of college football message boards?

I can live with that.

I have to admit, that thread made me fall in love with goEMAW.

that may be the best description I've heard.

ChiTown 12-06-2011 10:56 AM

Woot!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...ZZO_story.html

K-State’s Bill Snyder nearly unanimous pick as AP Big 12 coach of year after 10-win season

By Associated Press, Updated: Tuesday, December 6, 10:15 AM

MANHATTAN, Kan. — Kansas State coach Bill Snyder is the runaway pick as the AP’s Big 12 coach of the year after leading the Wildcats to a 10-2 finish and an appearance in the Cotton Bowl.

Picked to finish eighth in the Big 12, the Wildcats instead finished eighth in the BCS after beating ranked teams Baylor and Texas and losing only to Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. They were snubbed by the Sugar Bowl for two teams with lesser resumes, but will play Arkansas in a high-profile Cotton Bowl matchup.

Snyder was selected on 16 of the 17 ballots turned in by AP members who regularly cover the league. Cowboys coach Mike Gundy received the only other vote.

It’s the third time Snyder has been the Big 12’s coach of the year, but the first since he came back following a brief retirement. He was also the AP’s national coach of the year in 1998.

NewChief 12-06-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8174922)
Woot!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...ZZO_story.html

K-State’s Bill Snyder nearly unanimous pick as AP Big 12 coach of year after 10-win season

By Associated Press, Updated: Tuesday, December 6, 10:15 AM

MANHATTAN, Kan. — Kansas State coach Bill Snyder is the runaway pick as the AP’s Big 12 coach of the year after leading the Wildcats to a 10-2 finish and an appearance in the Cotton Bowl.

Picked to finish eighth in the Big 12, the Wildcats instead finished eighth in the BCS after beating ranked teams Baylor and Texas and losing only to Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. They were snubbed by the Sugar Bowl for two teams with lesser resumes, but will play Arkansas in a high-profile Cotton Bowl matchup.

Snyder was selected on 16 of the 17 ballots turned in by AP members who regularly cover the league. Cowboys coach Mike Gundy received the only other vote.

It’s the third time Snyder has been the Big 12’s coach of the year, but the first since he came back following a brief retirement. He was also the AP’s national coach of the year in 1998.

I'm surprised they gave it to him after the hit playing a bowl with Arkansas has done to their reputation.

NewChief 12-06-2011 11:12 AM

And I have a Woot! as well:

Looks like Paul Petrino is headed back to Arkansas to be our OC in the wake of Garrick McGee's departure.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-06-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8174992)
I'm surprised they gave it to him after the hit playing a bowl with Arkansas has done to their reputation.

Early voting saved him.

NewChief 12-06-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8175002)
Early voting saved him.

Early voting and pity.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-06-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8174995)
And I have a Woot! as well:

Looks like Paul Petrino is headed back to Arkansas to be our OC in the wake of Garrick McGee's departure.

ouch...if VK finds a job Illinois may not have a staff for the bowl.

NewChief 12-06-2011 02:33 PM

Now sources saying that Willy Robinson has been fired. Crazy move to make prior to a bowl game (will the players play as hard for his replacement?), but I ****ing hated his defenses. Reminded me of the old G-Rob bend don't break defenses that the Chiefs fielded during the Vermeil era.

Saulbadguy 12-06-2011 02:46 PM

I don't know much about Arkansas (other than they are small time). So, their defense sucks? Offense is pretty good?

NewChief 12-06-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8175689)
I don't know much about Arkansas (other than they are small time). So, their defense sucks? Offense is pretty good?

Pretty much. Defense is horrible, especially against running quarterbacks, though they've managed to come through in the clutch a few times. Often have much better second halves than first halves.

I'm thrilled if they get rid of Willy Robinson prior to the bowl, as he doesn't seem to know how to scheme against a mobile QB.

kstater 12-06-2011 03:36 PM

Petrino to UT must be true.

DC now scared of ZombieKlein.

So, OC,DC, and ST's all gone.

58kcfan89 12-06-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8175794)
Petrino to UT must be true.

DC now scared of ZombieKlein.

So, OC,DC, and ST's all gone.

LMAO
ZombieKlein? That's awesome.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-06-2011 08:46 PM

that's crazy...who fires someone before a big bowl game?

NewChief 12-06-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8176655)
that's crazy...who fires someone before a big bowl game?

Second rate programs.

But in all seriousness, Petrino doens't **** around. He's suffered through two years of us fielding shitty defenses where if we had even an adequate defense, we have a serious chance at the national title. The real question is whether the new hire will be made in time to get some extra "practices" in installing his system/philosophy prior to the Bowl, easing the transition into next season.

NewChief 12-06-2011 09:14 PM

And just to extend an olive branch (which I'll probably regret):

I was feeling a little oversensitive for my fellow Arkansas fans last night. GoEMAW is pretty funny, and I've had to resist the urge about 4 times today to actually create an account there.

kstater 12-06-2011 09:17 PM

It actually needs to die down a bit. Between the reeruns and the socks that aren't funny, it's a bit overbearing right now.

WilliamTheIrish 12-06-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8176703)

I was feeling a little oversensitive for my fellow Arkansas fans last night. GoEMAW is pretty funny, and I've had to resist the urge about 4 times today to actually create an account there.

It grows on you. Funny as hell most of the time.

Titty Meat 12-06-2011 09:23 PM

K-State will lose by 3 touchdowns

NewChief 12-06-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8176718)
K-State will lose by 3 touchdowns

Please keep your Nebraska reverse mojo to yourself.

The last Nebraska guy I debated with predicted Arkansas to finish with 6 wins this season because, "Mallett was their entire team last year."

I hope you're right, though.

kstater 12-07-2011 06:46 AM

Are these people real?

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...8&notif_t=like

NewChief 12-07-2011 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8177247)

Hard to say, really. Could be TIC, or could be earnest. Kind of like the picture of that guy they posted on goEMAW with the jorts and midriff shirt (who was actually a joke as he's a local "character" around town who was writing joke sports columns for one of the local websites).

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8176703)

MUST...RESIST...THE URGE!!

NewChief 12-07-2011 07:45 AM

I mean, we get people who call into sports radio and all they basically say is,

"I just want to say, God Bless Bobby Petrino. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen to what you guys have to say."

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 08:11 AM

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net...13756637_n.jpg

Quote:

Ya know, it takes some low-life, low-low-class pieces of sh#%*}>#$!!!!!!! to post some of the sh#% u kstate fans have been posting!!!! Way to represent your school!!!! Soooo glad u have PRIDE and DIGNITY and... Wait what's it called,?, u might have heard of it... Oh yeah.. HONOR!!!!! Never been so ready to beat the F#%* outta somebody!!!! But u almost took the fun out of it!!!! GO HOGS!!! WPS!!!!

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 08:12 AM

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net...99350811_n.jpg
Quote:

Will I LIKE this page nope!! Cause I think what I've read for fan based "team" is a joke. I can't believe the ugly s+!+ your they're saying about a team I'm not at heart with, but a team I've seen come a LONG WAYS!! Proud to say my home Is divided. And makes me sad to see some of the comments on the "web" site. I can't wait to see the hogs take you down. So far down you can't come back next year. Because of the fan base!!!!!!! I will say WOW! Go hogs!!!! Kick K STATE!

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 08:12 AM

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net..._3857093_n.jpg

Quote:

I was going to join the blog and talk but it would not let me so I will just do it here. Ok so I have read all the stupid comments on the blog about Arkansas. I lived in Junction city Kansas for about 3 months working and I went to Manhattan just about every weekend. With that being said you guys have no room to talk about Arkansas we have a better college town better football team and much better looking women. The women up there are like the farms big. I went to aggieville and it sucked the bars were hell and it looked like a golf ball was stuck in peoples mouth and was ripped out by a truck. I was happy for k state winning this year because the people of that poor little town needed something but now you are playing with the big dogs and you are going to get SPANKED. WOOPIG

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 08:14 AM

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net...22110105_n.jpg
Quote:

This site is a big joke, Classless and pathetic. Kansas State will get destroyed by Arkansas, I read the comments on your website. Awful, I would be embarrased by Kstate fans. Its more like who is Kansas State? A mediocre Big 12 team???? Maybe yall should play against Arkansas state... Lucky to be playing a highly touted SEC School. It will be a massacre.

NewChief 12-07-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8177338)

She's kind of cute... but wow. Is she speaking in tongues?

NewChief 12-07-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8177339)

I think I taught that kid at Prairie Grove.

NewChief 12-07-2011 08:22 AM

And one thing you need to understand about the Arkansas fanbase currently:

It has a TON of bandwagon fans right now (though bandwagon might not be the right word). Let's just say that interest in Hog football is at an all time high. It's like a state-wide Renaissance or something. After years of being down, people are super stoked. This has translated into women and dudes who are "into" the Hogs who have very little clue about football, fan culture, or much of anything. They just know "they love them Hogs" (my sister-in-law is a great example of this). It's low hanging fruit to pick on them, but it's hard to resist when the branches are so apparently overladen.

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8177356)
And one thing you need to understand about the Arkansas fanbase currently:

It has a TON of bandwagon fans right now (though bandwagon might not be the right word). Let's just say that interest in Hog football is at an all time high. It's like a state-wide Renaissance or something. After years of being down, people are super stoked. This has translated into women and dudes who are "into" the Hogs who have very little clue about football, fan culture, or much of anything. They just know "they love them Hogs" (my sister-in-law is a great example of this). It's low hanging fruit to pick on them, but it's hard to resist when the branches are so apparently overladen.

Yeah, it's like Kansas when KU basketball is really good. Easy pickin.

ChiTown 12-07-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:
I was going to join the blog and talk but it would not let me so I will just do it here. Ok so I have read all the stupid comments on the blog about Arkansas. I lived in Junction city Kansas for about 3 months working and I went to Manhattan just about every weekend. With that being said you guys have no room to talk about Arkansas we have a better college town better football team and much better looking women. The women up there are like the farms big. I went to aggieville and it sucked the bars were hell and it looked like a golf ball was stuck in peoples mouth and was ripped out by a truck. I was happy for k state winning this year because the people of that poor little town needed something but now you are playing with the big dogs and you are going to get SPANKED. WOOPIG

This is the true definition of Love being Blind.

LMAO

NewChief 12-07-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8177363)
Yeah, it's like Kansas when KU basketball is really good. Easy pickin.

To illustrate my point. My sister-in-law who, AFAIK, has never watched a football game prior to this year, now schedules her life around the Razorback games. I mean, she actually knew Trent when he was playing with the Chiefs and showed no interest in watching Chief games. Now, though, she's HOGWILD!

mikeyis4dcats. 12-07-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8177247)

lol at the hicks who think that's REALLY Petrino's facebook.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-07-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

from his page
Quote:

I working on becoming a boiler tech
Should be working on that GED. And apparently his girlfriend got caught making eye contact with someone while eating a banana. The whore.

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 10:49 AM

Tyler Lockett named Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year.
Arthur Brown defensive newcomer.

NewChief 12-07-2011 10:53 AM

Just to let you know how bad hogblog is (it mainly exists on Facebook, which should give you some clue). This is a recent post:

at this point this is just rumors but you will see this any way so im gonna post it. if any of you students, players, or insiders want to add to this so be it.

"Jake Bequette talked to my friends parents. The LSU players were talking crap about Garrett Uekman the whole game. They believe Les Miles told the players to do so. That was why CBP was pissed at Les. The seniors in the locker room told the underclassmen that next year the game is about blood. Bequette told them to not let LSU walk off the field. CBP agreed. Just shows how classless Les and that program is. ~TG"

This post has 35 shares, 63 likes, and 80 comments (mostly supporting it). Idiotic.

Here's a great reply:
"if that's true, and I have no reason to doubt, he has no class at all. I truly believe krama is a biotch!!"

ROFL

NewChief 12-07-2011 02:12 PM

Hogs have, reportedly, hired Randy Shannon as our new DC. People seem pretty stoked.

Sorry to keep spamming you all with Hog stuff, but I figure you're the only ones who might have some interest in it.

ChiTown 12-07-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8178308)
Hogs have, reportedly, hired Randy Shannon as our new DC. People seem pretty stoked.

Sorry to keep spamming you all with Hog stuff, but I figure you're the only ones who might have some interest in it.

RS is a great DC. You will be pleased with him (he's also a great recruiter).

NewChief 12-07-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8178316)
RS is a great DC. You will be pleased with him (he's also a great recruiter).

We had to replace our Eddie Murphy.

58kcfan89 12-07-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8178308)

Great hire IMO.

(Still wish we'd replace our DC...)

Will Shannon be there for the bowl game or after the fact?

NewChief 12-07-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 8178352)
Great hire IMO.

(Still wish we'd replace our DC...)

Will Shannon be there for the bowl game or after the fact?

No word yet, as it's still unofficial. I'm pretty confident he'll be there for the Bowl games, though. I think that Petrino basically made these moves now for that very reason: gives his new coordinators more time to start working with the players. It's like extra spring practices for next year.

kstater 12-07-2011 03:20 PM

Time to out the reeruns.

Boo or Cheer?

ChiTown 12-07-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8178587)
Time to out the reeruns.

Boo or Cheer?

Am I drunk or not?

kstater 12-07-2011 03:28 PM

jesskapowers Jessica Powers You mean accepted. I hope college helps. RT <s>@</s>Not_OrdinaryGrl I Got Excepted Into Arkansas.

LMAO I saw Saul tweet this.

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8178593)
Am I drunk or not?

Planning on being drunk, but i'll boo the shit out of him either way, if only to be a contrarian to the shirt tucks.

ChiTown 12-07-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8178626)
Planning on being drunk, but i'll boo the shit out of him either way, if only to be a contrarian to the shirt tucks.

My youngest and I will be there Thursday. Honestly, I have no emotional feelings towards Huggins one way or the other.

Are you going to the Bammer game next Saturday in KC?

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8178663)
My youngest and I will be there Thursday. Honestly, I have no emotional feelings towards Huggins one way or the other.

Are you going to the Bammer game next Saturday in KC?

Yeah. Tickets in the 2nd row, center court. I'll be the one wearing the goEMAW.com hoodie if you feel friendly enough to approach me.

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 03:43 PM

Arkansas: A bottomless well of dumbasses.

I like it.

kstater 12-07-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8178680)
Arkansas: A bottomless well of dumbasses.

I like it.

So what percentage are socks? I mean, they all can't be real can they? 50/50?

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8178683)
So what percentage are socks? I mean, they all can't be real can they? 50/50?

I've checked nearly every account to add them to that membergroup "Sons of the Soil". About 5 or 6 are socks. Out of 442.

Saulbadguy 12-07-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Holy shit.

The guy who said that just registered on our board to apologize.

NewChief 12-07-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8179352)
Holy shit.

The guy who said that just registered on our board to apologize.

Hilarious. I feel kind of bad for the guy, as I wouldn't want my personal/private life all wrapped up in some internet squabbling like that. Some Hog fan is likely to go nutso and try to get him canned for talking shit about Arkansas BBQ or using profanity on the interwebz.

Saulbadguy 12-08-2011 07:50 AM

TODAY IS THE DAY

ChiTown 12-08-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8179993)
TODAY IS THE DAY

....that the Teddy Bears have their picnic.

Good Fathers who read to their children will get this one:)

mikeyis4dcats. 12-08-2011 09:55 AM

sweet, sounds like my buddy just scored us free Cotton Bowl tix from a distant relative at AT&T. In 2001 she got him tickets 10 rows up on the 50.

: peanutbutterjellytime;

Raiderhater 12-08-2011 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fanciest danged tickets I've ever seen...

NewChief 12-08-2011 02:53 PM

Damn. There are still morons coming to Hogville and posting links to the goemaw thread saying, "Can you believe how clueless these guys are? We need to go give them a piece of our mind." Even the Hogville people are flaming the shit out of them now.

kstater 12-08-2011 04:05 PM

These guys still don't get it. LMAO

Make one post, and they swarm like flies(no pun intended).

NewChief 12-08-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8178372)
No word yet, as it's still unofficial. I'm pretty confident he'll be there for the Bowl games, though. I think that Petrino basically made these moves now for that very reason: gives his new coordinators more time to start working with the players. It's like extra spring practices for next year.

Things fell through with Shannon, which is fine* as I think there are others out there who are equally good. I think we can get someone else. The bad news is that Tyrone Nix is rumored to be meeting with Petrino. :deevee:

*I hate to say it, but they're pretty clearly looking for an African-American to replace Garrick McGee (which makes sense from a recruiting in the SEC standpoint). I just don't know who is available, black and better than Shannon.

Dante84 12-08-2011 05:36 PM

Weis?

NewChief 12-08-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 8181845)
Weis?

This is for DC, so no. Bobby rehired his brother, Paul, to replace Garrick McGee as OC. I was just speaking from a general standpoint that they want an African American on staff, so they're not just "a couple of white boys from Montana."

mikeyis4dcats. 12-08-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8181858)
This is for DC, so no. Bobby rehired his brother, Paul, to replace Garrick McGee as OC. I was just speaking from a general standpoint that they want an African American on staff, so they're not just "a couple of white boys from Montana."

I bet Ron Prince would bring a binder.

NewChief 12-08-2011 05:53 PM

And sorry, I'm slow and haven't been following CP much today. Didn't realize that Weis had gone to KU, so I didn't get the joke. Duh.

As for Prince: he'd never slum at a second class program like Arkansas. Too many racists, and, judging by his size, he clearly doesn't like meth.

kstater 12-08-2011 07:33 PM

Anyone got a spare couch to burn in 3 hours?

kstater 12-08-2011 08:05 PM

Doesn't look like any empty seats in this place.

kstater 12-08-2011 08:08 PM

Hell of an atmosphere. As good as a home game.

kstater 12-08-2011 08:11 PM

JamSam beasting right now.

kstater 12-08-2011 08:15 PM

Under 16:

WVU 4
KSU 9

kstater 12-08-2011 08:26 PM

Under 12:

WVU 17
KSU 17

kstater 12-08-2011 08:33 PM

Under 8:

WVU 20
KSU 20

kstater 12-08-2011 08:45 PM

Under 4:

WVU 27
KSU 25

kstater 12-08-2011 08:56 PM

Halftime:

WVU 30
KSU 31

No surprise here. Very tough, very physical, very good game.