ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Miami's Martin leaves team after 'emotional breakdown' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278125)

mikeyis4dcats. 11-06-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 10165883)
I agree, I just don't like to term "extortion" in this situation.

Like I said RI is a dirtball and he done doubt is a bully.

I don't think he will play in the NFL again and I have a hard time seeing any blame on JM.

Extortion (also called shakedown, outwresting, and exaction) is a criminal offense of obtaining money, property, or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion.

Not knowing anbything more than we do, we can't PROVE extortion, but from the outside looking in, senior teammates asking for or expecting for financial gain from the rookies (dinners, entertainment, trips) via peer pressure or under fear of punishment certainly qualifies.

nychief 11-06-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10165792)
Forced?

Try forcing me to give up 15 grand. or 5 grand. or 5 ****ing dollars. Unless you have a gun to my head, kiss my ****in ass.

Nobody forced him.

Coerced him maybe, but forced sounds like an excuse for him not standing up for himself.

Sure, Incognito is a douche, and that doesn't make the shit he did right, but Martin is as much to blame. Stand up for yourself. Be a man!

You have to remember, not everybody is such a bad ass as you are.

hometeam 11-06-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 10165929)

You don't have to be a bad ass to not write a check.

Its pretty ****in simple, just don't do it.

Bambi 11-06-2013 04:08 PM

Trainwreck here for Philbin.

This guy is toast.

TEX 11-06-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10165950)

This guy is toast.

Yep. Only Obama can be the top guy in this country and not get held accountable for anything...

GloryDayz 11-06-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10165193)
I really can't stand when people say just because athletes make millions, that justifies fleecing them. 15,000 is a shitload of money. Whether that is half your salary or a percent of your salary. And no workplace should be that toxic where people go beyond harassing you outside of work. There is nothing right about this, whether at work or not at work. And no, I don't think this happens everywhere in the Nfl to this extent.

I'll bet he's glad he didn't join the military! LOL, especially the marines... But like they say, at least he's in a better place now, so wherever that is, I'm sure he's not being harassed and the lack of money makes his day all the simpler.

Yes, they went over the line, so man-up, face him down (perhaps he can't!!), and be done with it.

I guess the one doode is happy he wasn't dealing with Hernandez though... He'd be dead by now!

BIG_DADDY 11-06-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

This guy is toast.

The fact that management ordered this was moronic at best and certainly creates liability for the organization. It will be interesting to see how far it will carry this case of bullying the incredible hulk.

TEX 11-06-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 10165929)

Right, and everyone gets a trophy too...:rolleyes:

jspchief 11-06-2013 04:15 PM

Lot of dumbshits around here.

TEX 11-06-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10165792)
Forced?

Try forcing me to give up 15 grand. or 5 grand. or 5 ****ing dollars. Unless you have a gun to my head, kiss my ****in ass.

Nobody forced him.

Coerced him maybe, but forced sounds like an excuse for him not standing up for himself.

Sure, Incognito is a douche, and that doesn't make the shit he did right, but Martin is as much to blame. Stand up for yourself. Be a man!

I hear you, but you're talking about a guy who wanted out...

TEX 11-06-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10165978)
Lot of dumbshits around here.

And judge mental clowns.

Otter 11-06-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

This guy is toast.

No, Philbin's response will go something like this:

"As an organization we've always asked our veteran players to motivate the rookies when needed. I was unaware of the tactics being used for motivation by Incognito. Would I have known there would have been a cease and desist order on the spot. I sincerely regret the actions taken by our former player and assure you steps will be taken to prevent any further occurrences".

Just like Washington DC baby, diffusion of responsibility. Pretty isn't it? Sorry it didn't work out to your liking this time.

TEX 11-06-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 10165982)

"As an organization we've always asked our veteran players to motivate the rookies when needed. I was unaware of the tactics being used for motivation by Incognito. Would I have known there would have been a cease and desist order on the spot. I sincerely regret the actions taken by our former player and assure you steps will be taken to prevent any further occurrences".

Just like Washington DC baby, diffusion of responsibility. Pretty isn't it? Sorry it didn't work out to your liking this time.

Exactly, but the difference is Obama would no doubt get away with it.

BIG_DADDY 11-06-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 10165982)

IF the NFL works like any other company management represents the company and their actions are automatically a potential liability. If this is indeed a result of something management ordered there will be consequences.

nychief 11-06-2013 04:27 PM

So many message board tough guys... Man, it's like a leather bar in here.