ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games ****The OFFICIAL PS3 general discussion thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180279)

007 10-17-2008 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5123945)
Finally gave in and picked up a PS3 game with Resistance. Pretty damn good game and I think it comes close or may even top Halo 3 on single player. Just seems like the graphics are slightly better and the gameplay a touch more fluid.

The guys at my local gamestop suggested Uncharted as my next pickup and it does sound good.

You will love Uncharted.

TinyEvel 10-17-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5123945)
Finally gave in and picked up a PS3 game with Resistance. Pretty damn good game and I think it comes close or may even top Halo 3 on single player. Just seems like the graphics are slightly better and the gameplay a touch more fluid.

The guys at my local gamestop suggested Uncharted as my next pickup and it does sound good.

Yeah, Uncharted was an unexpected hit of the launch titles. I think it's $39.99 now as a "Greatest Hit"

Tho, there are a lot of great games coming out this fall Resistance 2, MotorStorm Pacific Rift and LittleBIGPlanet.

If you get on PSN post your username and I'll add it to the header.
TE

RaiderH8r 10-17-2008 08:16 AM

Tiny, I read a rumor that LBP has been delayed by 3 weeks. Do you have any word on that or is there any reason to believe that is the case? PULEEZE tell me that's not the case. Aside from having to wait for the game my XBrick fanboy buddies will be busting balls.

TinyEvel 10-17-2008 08:57 AM

FanBoy reports that it might be delayed in Europe, didn't say anything about US. Reported that there's a song on the game that quotes the Koran and might offend Muslims. Right now there's been no specific statement from SCEA.

But, yeah, that would be a huge bummer. I bet cases and cases of the game are being hacked into by store stockroom employees right now LOL.

RaiderH8r 10-17-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 5124276)
FanBoy reports that it might be delayed in Europe, didn't say anything about US. Reported that there's a song on the game that quotes the Koran and might offend Muslims. Right now there's been no specific statement from SCEA.

But, yeah, that would be a huge bummer. I bet cases and cases of the game are being hacked into by store stockroom employees right now LOL.

I'm off to GameFlop to get my Muslim offending version.

Seriously though, offending Muslims? A good amount of Muslims are offended simply by the fact that people play video games, who gives a shit if it offends Muslims. Were Russians offended by GTA IV? Were hedgehogs offended by Sonic and his bluey blueness? I think not!

/end stupidity.

Basileus777 10-17-2008 10:35 AM

LBP is delayed until Nov 14th worldwide. Apparently they have a song that contains verses from the Quran, which is forbidden in Islam.

RaiderH8r 10-17-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5124450)
LBP is delayed until Nov 14th worldwide. Apparently they have a song that contains verses from the Quran, which is forbidden in Islam.

The acme of lamitude.

Am I the only one reminded of a certain episode of South Park right about now?

Basileus777 10-17-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 5124286)
I'm off to GameFlop to get my Muslim offending version.

Seriously though, offending Muslims? A good amount of Muslims are offended simply by the fact that people play video games, who gives a shit if it offends Muslims. Were Russians offended by GTA IV? Were hedgehogs offended by Sonic and his bluey blueness? I think not!

/end stupidity.

Its not stupid for Sony to react this way. Look how Muslims reacted to a few cartoons in Denmark, Sony is smart to avoid even a minor controversy. This has happened before, IIRC Nintendo removed something in Ocarina of Time that offended Muslims.

BTW here are the Quranic verses in that song:

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

RaiderH8r 10-17-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5124457)
Its not stupid for Sony to react this way. Look how Muslims reacted to a few cartoons in Denmark, Sony is smart to avoid even a minor controversy. This has happened before, IIRC Nintendo removed something in Ocarina of Time that offended Muslims.

Yeah, Muslims like to have their little temper tantrums when they get butthurt.

When any other religion gets butthurt people generally expect them to get over it.

I just want my LBP.

I'm looking at you Tiny to help me get my grubby little dickskinners on a copy of LBP with the offensive material.

Once I get LBP I'm designing a level where Sackboy craps on the Qu'ran and pisses on a mosque while mooning Mecca.

Buck 10-17-2008 11:11 AM

Are you seriously?

I just paid off my reservation yesterday in hopes of picking it up next tuesday.

I'm sure that they already burned all the discs, now what, they have to re-burn all of them?

Buck 10-17-2008 11:13 AM

Heres what it says on PS3 Fanboy

Update: A post on the PlayStation forums discusses the questioned song in detail. SCEE responds: "During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur'an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused." The delay may be effective worldwide. Stay tuned.

Until that says IS effective worldwide, I'm not giving up hope.

RaiderH8r 10-17-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5124543)
Heres what it says on PS3 Fanboy

Update: A post on the PlayStation forums discusses the questioned song in detail. SCEE responds: "During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur'an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused." The delay may be effective worldwide. Stay tuned.

Until that says IS effective worldwide, I'm not giving up hope.

Worldwide delay confirmed by Sony.

My seething rage and disappointment confirmed by me.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/1...kes-statement/

Buck 10-17-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 5124571)
Worldwide delay confirmed by Sony.

My seething rage and disappointment confirmed by me.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/1...kes-statement/

**** that.

I'm so pissed right now.

I'm going to get my money back for my reserve, I can pay for it in a month...

I could really use that dough.

Saulbadguy 10-17-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5124598)
**** that.

I'm so pissed right now.

I'm going to get my money back for my reserve, I can pay for it in a month...

I could really use that dough.

Why don't you just put 5 bucks down?

Buck 10-17-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 5124844)
Why don't you just put 5 bucks down?

I dont know.

I paid off my reservation yesterday at gamestop. I had originally traded in games for credit and put like $42 towards it just with traded games.

So yesterday, I took my bro over there so he could get his money back for Fallout 3, since he already got it, and I put the rest down on LBP.