ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196570)

keg in kc 05-02-2011 11:51 AM

This is completely unrelated to anything that happens on the show: I was initially lukewarm about the title sequence and the music over it, but I've grown to like it after three weeks.

underEJ 05-02-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7614292)
This is completely unrelated to anything that happens on the show: I was initially lukewarm about the title sequence and the music over it, but I've grown to like it after three weeks.

And they fixed the sigils that were incorrect so it's much better!

DJ's left nut 05-02-2011 12:07 PM

Major major MAJOR MAJOR spoiler and question....

Seriously, don't click on this if you haven't finished the book.

Spoiler!

allen_kcCard 05-02-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7614323)
Major major MAJOR MAJOR spoiler and question....

Seriously, don't click on this if you haven't finished the book.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

keg in kc 05-02-2011 12:26 PM

Oh just wait until you read book 2, then you'll probably wonder why you asked that question.

Huffmeister 05-02-2011 12:27 PM

Spoiler!

DJ's left nut 05-02-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7614340)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

allen_kcCard 05-02-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7614361)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

keg in kc 05-02-2011 12:32 PM

There isn't really a central figure to the show, even now. And while I like Bean a lot, and think he's quite good on this show, it's not like he's head and shoulders above the rest of the cast. There are some terrific performers.

And I think you have to kind of move past the idea of nobility, heroes and villains. There's going to be a lot more shades of gray.
Spoiler!

And it just occured to me: oh man, if you haven't read book 2 and beyond, I'm not sure I wouldn't get the heck out of this thread now.

allen_kcCard 05-02-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7614368)
There isn't really a central figure to the show, even now. And while I like Bean a lot, and think he's quite good on this show, it's not like he's head and shoulders above the rest of the cast. There are some terrific performers.

And I think you have to kind of move past the idea of nobility, heroes and villains. There's going to be a lot more shades of gray.
Spoiler!

And it just occured to me: oh man, if you haven't read book 2 and beyond, I'm not sure I wouldn't get the heck out of this thread now.

Agreed. I was biting my tongue a LOT.

DJ's left nut 05-02-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7614368)

I haven't read a ton of it. I just stick my head in, ask a question, wait for an answer then get out.

I haven't screwed anything up yet.

Blankey 05-02-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 7614178)
I don't know if there will be a melee.

If you look at the parchment, it says something like "The Combat with Swords & Clubs."
Not sure why they wouldn't have the melee, it's one of the cooler moments in the early goings.

Swanman 05-02-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7614381)
Agreed. I was biting my tongue a LOT.

Would anyone else be interested in a thread that is only for those that have read all four books? I am dying to have some discussions about where we think things are headed for Dance with Dragons but don't want to ruin it for any wandering eyes.

keg in kc 05-02-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7614523)
Would anyone else be interested in a thread that is only for those that have read all four books? I am dying to have some discussions about where we think things are headed for Dance with Dragons but don't want to ruin it for any wandering eyes.

I think a Dance with Dragons thread for July would be great. I've got to reread all four at some point before then.

Swanman 05-02-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7614531)
I think a Dance with Dragons thread for July would be great. I've got to reread all four at some point before then.

Since you are the Song of Ice and Fire threadmaster, do you want to get it started? I can do it as well.