ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Star Wars: The Old Republic (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204523)

Huffmeister 09-15-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7909214)
oh em gee. I just got an email related to my post above that makes me very happy.

/happydance

Did you get called back in for another weekend of testing?

keg in kc 09-15-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7910385)
Did you get called back in for another weekend of testing?

It looks like they invited the whole first weekend back. Not sure when it will be. There won't be servers up for anybody yet this weekend, I don't think, regular or weekend testers.

keg in kc 09-21-2011 10:25 AM

Just an FYI for everyone who has an account on swtor.com: they initiated their account security questions today. All you have to do is log in and then go to 'my account'. You can figure the rest out...

Valiant 09-21-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7907783)
Well, even if she doesn't play you'll eventually have your own personal healer anyway, although I don't think Smuggler (that was what you were playing, right?) gets a healer until the 5th and final companion.

I'm a different style player. I'm the kind of guy that (on my bounty hunter) turns off Mako's healing and turns on her combat skills so stuff dies faster. Healing schmealing.

Spoiler!

As far as the monthly fee goes, I think if there was any game that ever warranted a monthly fee it's this one. The estimated length of time it takes to play a single character zero to 50 almost three times as long as KotOR and KotOR 2 combined. If you look at that in 15 hour (max...) console game terms you're paying 60 dollars for at least 10 console games worth of content, and that's only playing one character.

It would be fun to duo stuff with her though. Just keep the pressure on.

Not directed towards you. Buti find it funny, most console players always made fun of people paying a monthly fee for a game they own. But now wit console games the route or a pc game they find that they like, their tunenow is, well this game deserves it.

Pants 09-21-2011 03:39 PM

Question 1: How does one start a guild at this point in time?
Question 2: What servers are you guys choosing to roll on?
Question 3: Are the 2 factions going to be able to talk to each other?

Sofa King 09-21-2011 03:48 PM

Anyone got any clan's set up for Diablo 3 yet?

Pants 09-21-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7930830)
Anyone got any clan's set up for Diablo 3 yet?

LMAO

keg in kc 09-21-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7930803)
Question 1: How does one start a guild at this point in time?

http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/guilds

Look for the button at the bottom of the page.
Quote:

Republic PvE to start. Might swap to RP (I don't RP, nor does my guild, but names/community are generally less shitty on RP servers).

I'll also have an Empire equivalent with the same folks.

As for which specific sever, I have no idea. They haven't given server names yet. Guilds will be pre-assigned to a server based on their preference (east or west coast, pve or pvp, etc) as well as their Allies and Adversaries.
Quote:

Question 3: Are the 2 factions going to be able to talk to each other?
There will not be shared global channels, but you will be able to speak to the other faction in /say.

Pants 09-21-2011 04:11 PM

Sweet. Thanks, man!

Huffmeister 09-21-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7930803)

If you're setting up a guild for CPers, I'm cool with either faction. I'm sure I'll be rolling toons for both eventually. The only thing I'm set against is a PvP server. I'm a casual gamer, and I'd like to enjoy the game without having to fight off 12 year old punks.

Pants 09-21-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7930923)
If you're setting up a guild for CPers, I'm cool with either faction. I'm sure I'll be rolling toons for both eventually. The only thing I'm set against is a PvP server. I'm a casual gamer, and I'd like to enjoy the game without having to fight off 12 year old punks.

I'd prefer a PvP server, but I'm down for PvE as well. I'll look into starting one, but I would not want to be a guild leader or anything like that. It would just be cool to be able to play the game with some fellow CPers.

Huffmeister 09-21-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7930952)
I'd prefer a PvP server, but I'm down for PvE as well. I'll look into starting one, but I would not want to be a guild leader or anything like that. It would just be cool to be able to play the game with some fellow CPers.

Agreed. Even if it's a temporary guild that disbands after a while, it would still be cool to have a guild with some decent people to start the game with. I'd be willing to be the guild leader, as long as I can do it half-assed :D

keg in kc 09-21-2011 05:50 PM

I might throw an alt in just to **** with you guys from time to time, but it'll have to be after the game's live (I'm a guild leader on my account).

allen_kcCard 09-21-2011 05:56 PM

If I can get a good setup for it, I game for guilding too, PvP, RP, whatever. Will have to see how funds shake out....I don't even want to see it on my POS computer that I have now.

Pants 09-21-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7931153)
If I can get a good setup for it, I game for guilding too, PvP, RP, whatever. Will have to see how funds shake out....I don't even want to see it on my POS computer that I have now.

How bad is it? You honestly won't need very much at all to run the game if what I'm hearing is correct.