ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***The Official Chiefs OTA's Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283829)

planetdoc 06-17-2014 07:11 PM

will only really get an idea when the pads come on.

ILChief 06-17-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10698897)
its early yet but for the love of god someone, anyone please beat out Jeff Linkenbach at RG.

Surely rishaw or Fulton can beat that stiff

planetdoc 06-17-2014 07:23 PM

Allen Bailey has bulked up. Poe in the pic with him.
https://i.imgur.com/VMaJA7T.jpg

jonzie04 06-17-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10699096)
Sounds like Zach Fulton might win the starting RG job.

Thats what im hoping for.(I think)

And baileys looking freaking massive.

xztop123 06-17-2014 07:46 PM

I dont think theres any advantage to working players out in heat. I'd just assume take them indoors and get as many reps as possible... If training in heat were beneficial then fighters would pump up gym temps to prepare for fights

xztop123 06-17-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10698357)
Everyone on defense has been beat a lot. Our success is going to depend entirely upon our front 7. Our best bet is that we end up looking like Carolina defensively. However, our DB issues will be magnified because of the scheme that we play. They're betting an awful lot on a few young guys to develop quickly.

The defense we're running relies a lot on holding the WR's like Seattle does. I would bet its harder to do without pads on. I'm not sure though. I'm interested to see how it plays out but I think that our secondary will be much improved over last year, particularly if Berry plays deep safety

Dunerdr 06-17-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 10699259)
I dont think theres any advantage to working players out in heat. I'd just assume take them indoors and get as many reps as possible... If training in heat were beneficial then fighters would pump up gym temps to prepare for fights

Fighters fight indoors in a relatively controlled environment. We goin to play in Miami this year bitch is gon be hot. You do become acclimated by working in the heat.

jonzie04 06-17-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Football for most is played outside. Fighters fight inside most of the time. I see the logic in what youre trying to say, but I thinks its better they practice in the conditions they may play in. Better for a guy like dat to know know he needs more water and minerals now than come game time. Besides, it wasnt that hot out today.

xztop123 06-17-2014 08:03 PM

Speaking of DAT I met him the other day. he walks with that sprinters type limp that fast guys have. He's much thicker than Mccluster in person but both guys are the same height.

planetdoc 06-17-2014 09:36 PM

Minicamp Day One Recap
Q&A from kcchiefs.com

planetdoc 06-18-2014 04:07 PM

day two minicamp news

planetdoc 06-18-2014 04:10 PM

Rookie Fulton mounting challenge at RG
by adam teicher

Some observations from today's Kansas City Chiefs minicamp practice:

Rookie Zach Fulton, a sixth-round draft pick from Tennessee, continued his bid for a starting spot at right guard. Fulton split the starter's snaps with Rishaw Johnson. The Chiefs will get a better gauge on how advanced Fulton is at training camp, where they can wear full pads. But for now at least they are pleased with what they have seen from Fulton.

The Chiefs again practiced without linebacker Justin Houston, who is holding out, and cornerback Sean Smith, who is ill. Offensive tackle Donald Stephenson (calf), tight end Sean McGrath (knee) and cornerback Phillip Gaines (ankle) left practice early. Tackle Eric Fisher (shoulder), wide receivers Weston Dressler (hamstring) and Kyle Williams (knee) and tight end Travis Kelce (knee) participated only in individual and position drills. Left guard Jeff Allen moved to left tackle after Stephenson left practice.

Nose tackle Dontari Poe made an impressive play for a big man. He began a pass rush but quickly sniffed out a screen pass. He hustled over to the receiver, Jamaal Charles, and trapped him in the backfield.

Tight end Anthony Fasano had a big day, making several catches.

Aaron Murray didn't get a lot of snaps at quarterback, but he made the throw of the day when he zipped a sideline throw to Deon Anthony that drew raves from his teammates.

Running back Knile Davis struggled to learn to catch kickoffs last season, but improved as the season progressed. But his old habit returned when he dropped one during a special teams drill.

Defensive back Sanders Commings got an interception when either quarterback Alex Smith threw a bad pass or wide receiver Donnie Avery ran the wrong route.

Halfcan 06-18-2014 04:13 PM

and cornerback Sean Smith, who is ill.

Hangover?

raybec 4 06-18-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10701182)
and cornerback Sean Smith, who is ill.

Hangover?

Third degree burns from OTA's

SAUTO 06-18-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Why would you assume take them indoors?
Posted via Mobile Device