ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Tribal Warfare 01-08-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9297535)
Drafting Luke Joeckel number one isn't going to magically make him Orlando Pace, either, and Star Lotulelei isn't the next Ndamukong Suh. The draft value needs to be determined by ranking these guys against each other, not against once or twice a decade talent that isn't even in this draft.

Lotulelei an elite prospect, and has the potential to be like Cortez Kennedy.

DJ's left nut 01-08-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9297534)
Barkley, Smith, and Wilson will ALL be gone at #34 and it's likely Glennon will be as well.

Your entire scenario is based on something that won't happen. If we don't take a QB at #1, WE'RE NOT GETTING ONE. It's that simple. Anybody else will take will be a backup/developmental project.

Bray.

Boy you're taking one hell of a risk there and I just don't see anyone in the draft at 1.1 worth that risk.

That's the interesting way to look at it. You don't ask yourself is Smiths' upside is worth his risk, you ask yourself if Joekel's upside is worth Bray's risk (or Werner, or Star's or Moore's, etc...).

Those guys aren't Clowney. None of those guys are so good that I'd be willing to say "**** it, we're going to ride or die with Tyler Bray" to make sure I get one of them.

htismaqe 01-08-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9297555)

Glen Dorsey was an elite prospect and had the potential to be like Warren Sapp.

Tribal Warfare 01-08-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9297562)
Glen Dorsey was an elite prospect and had the potential to be like Warren Sapp.

and Andre Wadsworth had the potential to be like Bruce Smith

-King- 01-08-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9297556)
Bray.

Boy you're taking one hell of a risk there and I just don't see anyone in the draft at 1.1 worth that risk.

That's the interesting way to look at it. You don't ask yourself is Smiths' upside is worth his risk, you ask yourself if Joekel's upside is worth Bray's risk (or Werner, or Star's or Moore's, etc...).

Those guys aren't Clowney. None of those guys are so good that I'd be willing to say "**** it, we're going to ride or die with Tyler Bray" to make sure I get one of them.

Good post.

keg in kc 01-08-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9297555)

He has his red flags, too. Regardless he has low value here. Unless we're going to take a d-lineman for the 4th time in 6 years.

SAUTO 01-08-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9297572)
Good post.

+1
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 01-08-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9297571)
and Andre Wadsworth had the potential to be like Bruce Smith

Exactly.

QB is a no-brainer then...

keg in kc 01-08-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Bray.

Yep, that's one of the points I've been trying to make.

the Talking Can 01-08-2013 06:30 PM

why is it that chiefs fans are obsessed with maximizing 'value' at the QB position (the most important position by a factor of 100000000) but insist on drafting the best available player at any other position regardless of value?

(and never mind that we have at:

LT - Albert
QB - Cassel/Quinn/Panzi)

what disease causes people to be this embarrassingly ****ing stupid their whole embarrassingly ****ing stupid lives?

RunKC 01-08-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Bray.

Albert will be back IMO.

And if Reid somehow monumentally shocks the hell out of the entire board and doesn't pick a QB in the 1st because his eye is on a QB in round 2, than we better be drafting Damontre Moore at 1.

He is BY FAR the best player available outside of the QB position. By far.

CanadaKC 01-08-2013 06:31 PM

Almost every Geno highlight against LSU...he's only looking to ONE receiver... he'll get eaten alive in the pros if he does that. That DOES remind me of Alex Smith.

the Talking Can 01-08-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaKC (Post 9297608)
Almost every Geno highlight against LSU...he's only looking to ONE receiver... he'll get eaten alive in the pros if he does that. That DOES remind me of Alex Smith.

kill your family, please

Pasta Little Brioni 01-08-2013 06:34 PM

Great, Teo stinks up the joint and now the masses want Jekyll.

NJChiefsFan 01-08-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

That's the thing. People talk about this supposed lack of value at QB. Where is that value at these other positions? Especially if we resign Albert. I don't see anyone worth taking to therefore risk taking a QB in the 2nd. Who is going to trade up and give us something of real value? I'm not trading out of 1.1 for Josh Freeman.