ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

tk13 08-05-2013 11:12 PM

I watch MLB Network more often anymore. I think they're the best of all the "league" networks. They did talk about the Royals for a bit tonight. Both analysts agreed the Royals are a serious player in the wild card race. Mike Lowell said at this point they're basically one good week away from a wild card spot. They just need to keep winning series.

Shogun 08-05-2013 11:12 PM

Once frenchy was released some of our hitters have come on. Get rid of the free swinger, and less free swinging happens.

Saul Good 08-05-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrus (Post 9861782)
Well Moose was hitting under .200 for most of the season, and only until June 22nd did he raise his average over .200. It's not like people were blindly begging for him to be sent down. He was awful for months, but now obviously he is playing better down the stretch.

This beauty was posted yesterday. Consider the source, I guess...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9857648)
How is the Moose hate still flowing around here after his last two months? I don't get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9857661)
1 hit in the series. Are you serious?

AussieChiefsFan 08-05-2013 11:21 PM

Well now that all the games for today are in the books, here are the overnight standings.

Division:
http://i.imgur.com/TiUBxTS.png

Wildcard:
http://i.imgur.com/wpHKs9j.png

Pitt Gorilla 08-05-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrus (Post 9861782)
Well Moose was hitting under .200 for most of the season, and only until June 22nd did he raise his average over .200. It's not like people were blindly begging for him to be sent down. He was awful for months, but now obviously he is playing better down the stretch.

What would he have learned in AAA that he couldn't in KC?

KevB 08-05-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9861702)
Yeah, the Royals don't prove shit in terms of attendance, yet. They were dead in the water at the break. And now this.

If this run continues and no one goes out, then we'll have to accept the fact.

And to really drive attendance, the game needs to become "the place to be" in town. They have to draw the casual fans, along with the usual supporters. That's going to take more than a great 13 game run.

CaliforniaChief 08-06-2013 12:41 AM

This run is so exciting! I hope we can clinch the series tomorrow with Big Game on the mound. A little worried about Deduno, but one at a time.

I'll say this: if Hosmer and Moose continue to rake, the Royals will be pretty good offensively and then George Brett should be the MVP of this team.

Nightfyre 08-06-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9861796)
This beauty was posted yesterday. Consider the source, I guess...

Moose has been opsing over .800 for two months. Some folks around here need to get a grip.

Archie F. Swin 08-06-2013 05:26 AM

A planeteer early in the season said winning this year will depend heavily on the bats of Moose and Hosmer. I guess that's more apparent now than ever.

Also, whatever we overpaid for Shields/Wade has to be made up for in the Sanchez/Guthrie trade IMHO.

Saul Good 08-06-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9861933)
A planeteer early in the season said winning this year will depend heavily on the bats of Moose and Hosmer. I guess that's more apparent now than ever.

Also, whatever we overpaid for Shields/Wade has to be made up for in the Sanchez/Guthrie trade IMHO.

Maybe I'm just trying to rationalize away the trade, but I'm of the belief that Shields is worth more than his stats. He brought a mindset that seems to have carried over to the rest of the team, especially the staff. They just go out there and grind and grind and grind. When the pups get called up, having them learn from James will make them better pitchers. If nothing else, nobody wants to play this team. There's no quit in them.

Dartgod 08-06-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9861679)
Royals and Pirates both 12/15 in their leagues in attendance at ~1.2m. So much for the theory that winning draws fans, it really doesn't. Small markets can't support baseball very easily. Tampa can't draw either. Cleveland can't draw, Oakland can't draw. (Cleveland is dead last in attendance in the AL)

MLB is a sport for super large markets that can throw millions of warm bodies into the stands over a long drawn out 6-month season. STL is probably the lone exception to the rule.

We aren't drawing well because the season ticket base has been decimated from decades of terrible baseball. We had nearly 7,000 walk ups for the game last night. On a Monday night. Against a horrible team.

That's not too bad, all things considered.

Archie F. Swin 08-06-2013 06:49 AM

Unless the Royals lose 3 straight, The K will be packed to the lights this weekend.

Archie F. Swin 08-06-2013 06:54 AM

Look like rain is in the forecast for Wednesday night. Yippeee

KCUnited 08-06-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9861987)
Unless the Royals lose 3 straight, The K will be packed to the lights this weekend.

Friday will be a good indicator of where Royals excitement really is.

BlackHelicopters 08-06-2013 06:55 AM

How does one act in August when baseball matters? Remind me please!